Scrappy Wins Mid-Major Madness Tourney

Magic95Fan

41 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I hope this doesn't make higher-ups at UNT decide to keep that awful Scrappy.

I couldn't agree more.  Proud of this achievement but this has to be the ugliest Scrappy we have ever had.  The previous Scrappy looked a lot better. The head is too flat our something

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

2016_summer_dearntxn_eppy_large.jpg

Only because Eppy wasn't named Scrappy.  Eppy is special to many of us, but I don't think it was for his looks. 

That suit was hand made and worn by Talon Myles Alfonso, then later by yours truly.  It wasn't the most attractive suit but it was the least cumbersome, which allowed us to be extremely physical and entertaining.  

Thats extremely important considering "ENTERTAINMENT" is the main reason for having a mascot at all.  

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

That suit was hand made and worn by Talon Myles Alfonso, then later by yours truly.  It wasn't the most attractive suit but it was the least cumbersome, which allowed us to be extremely physical and entertaining.  

Thats extremely important considering "ENTERTAINMENT" is the main reason for having a mascot at all.  

Rick

When I first transferred to NT in about 84/85 or so, my assigned dorm roommate also wore the Eppy suit.   When I first opened the closet door, this "bird" costume fell out and I remember thinking "what the hell ?".    LOL.   I knew nothing about NT sports at the time or their mascot.

I have always wondered , do people rotate being Eppy or Scrappy during the season ? Or, are you the mascot for the entire season  ?

Edited by akriesman

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

Good guy who is also my brother in Sigma Chi.  Those dang Greeks just don't support the teams!

16 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Will @Green P1 now recognize the greatness of Eugene Levy Scrappy by displaying picture of Scrappy on his desk?  Scrappy did promise to build a wall between Denton and San Antonio and make those dirty nUTSAks pay for it.

They're laughing at us... Not with us. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/25/2017 at 9:14 AM, akriesman said:

When I first transferred to NT in about 84/85 or so, my assigned dorm roommate also wore the Eppy suit.   When I first opened the closet door, this "bird" costume fell out and I remember thinking "what the hell ?".    LOL.   I knew nothing about NT sports at the time or their mascot.

I have always wondered , do people rotate being Eppy or Scrappy during the season ? Or, are you the mascot for the entire season  ?

Both.  Some times it's the same person.  Other times more than one wears it due to scheduling or availability.  

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick