Is the big flag pole up?

Hunter Green

image.png.6a697651def5df588a7c50d5e3eeb040.png

Love the flag, not the location. It should have been placed right in heart of the tailgating section on the top of the hill, where it would be seen from everywhere. There are never going to build a hotel there anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Side Show Joe said:

Love the flag, not the location. It should have been placed right in heart of the tailgating section on the top of the hill, where it would be seen from everywhere. There are never going to build a hotel there anyway.

Agree about location. 100ft, 120ft, 200ft, whatever, it's as if it's dropped down in a hole next to a tall interstate bridge making it look slightly taller than the lightpoles on the interstate. From the tailgate hill, it could've been seen from just about anywhere in Denton. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Agree about location. 100ft, 120ft, 200ft, whatever, it's as if it's dropped down in a hole next to a tall interstate bridge making it look slightly taller than the lightpoles on the interstate. From the tailgate hill, it could've been seen from just about anywhere in Denton. 

It might be visible from I-35W if it was placed on The Hill up by the big North Texas sign.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/denton-texas-october-2013-eagleridge-well-site-across-from-news-photo/524193620?esource=SEO_GIS_CDN_Redirect#denton-texas-october-2013-eagleridge-well-site-across-from-the-apogee-picture-id524193620

Edited by UNTFan23

3 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

While I agree the flag could be in a better spot, we have to remember that they do plan on expanding different sports and moving around facilities like soccer and track.. We don't know what the plan is for the Superpit or baseball in the next 3-5 years(could it be created or moved) but they likely didn't want to place it in a spot and then have to move it. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

40 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I just want a new one :( 

Too much to ask for a crisp bill around these parts I guess... 

A play on...Imagine if this athletic department over the years actually did iron out the wrinkles and were hyper focused on details. 

But for this fan base to run to the defense...No surprise. Only if our actual defense was as good. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

Look at the photo a little closer.  Yeah, it is at half mast so imagine it at full mast. It will be higher.  Duh!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Too much to ask for a crisp bill around these parts I guess... 

A play on...Imagine if this athletic department over the years actually did iron out the wrinkles and were hyper focused on details. 

But for this fan base to run to the defense...No surprise. Only if our actual defense was as good. 

Nothing to defend.  There is nothing wrong with the flag placement.  It's proudly displayed at a major intersection of interstates in clear view, not behind anything else and not where there are any plans in discussion of construction.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Nothing to defend.  There is nothing wrong with the flag placement.  It's proudly displayed at a major intersection of interstates in clear view, not behind anything else and not where there are any plans in discussion of construction.  

I disagree. They may build something on the hill at some point. But, the lowest land surrounding the stadium is not optimal.

It would be much better if the flag were located between the Alumni Pavilion and Apogee. It is much higher land and I doubt there are any plans to build there. Still in the heart of tailgating. Visible from both freeways. And, would create a great view from the stadium, especially if we ever get a home game on TV.

If some on this board thinks this opinion makes me a bad fan, I can't help that. Go Mean Green!

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

I drove by this twice today and it's in a great spot. Can't wait till they put the flag up for good. You can see it well from either 35E or 35W. If they had gone any further south, it would be a lot harder to see from 35E. Plus it is right in that corner made by Bonnie Brae and the 35 service road. Count me in the job well done camp.

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, GangGreen said:

Why's it in the back of that dude's pickup? Is he just gonna drive around the whole time?

What about the pedestrian bridge? What if he gets stuck in traffic or wants to get tacos or runs out of gas?

Definitely not the green concept were sold on.

Just another awful decision by this crackpot AD.  We were told they couldn't set the pole because of moisture in the soil... Come to find out, it was because they were still trying to purchase the used utility truck.   LIES!

On 9/15/2017 at 5:58 PM, Greendylan said:

"Half-mast" is the preferred expression, globally speaking, to "half-staff" regardless of the setting being at land or sea.  

I assume that is the basis of your wit, good sir.

GLOBALLY speaking?
This is America!  
eagle-american.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Just another awful decision by this crackpot AD.  We were told they couldn't set the pole because of moisture in the soil... Come to find out, it was because they were still trying to purchase the used utility truck.   LIES!

GLOBALLY speaking?
This is America!  
eagle-american.jpg

At least it is an "icy white" utility truck.  I heard Frenchy was trying to sponsor that flag and offered up one of his fluorescent orange vans.