Frank Wilson now the highest paid coach in CUSA

MGNation92

13 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Yeah, I just don't see it with the way they've been recruiting. They have completely mopped the floor with us in recruiting under Wilson, and I don't think you can out scheme a talent difference like that on a consistent basis. Even at home.

The kids Wilson recruited there are what? Redshirt Freshmen? Sophmores? Come on man, the fact you're acting like that isn't a winnable game is comical... sorry I don't buy the 'talent difference' opinion.. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ItsSparky said:

The kids Wilson recruited there are what? Redshirt Freshmen? Sophmores? Come on man, the fact you're acting like that isn't a winnable game is comical... sorry I don't buy the 'talent difference' opinion.. 

Didn't their freshman linebacker get first team all conference? Also, If I remember correctly they went pretty JuCo heavy this year, so they'll have help immediately

34 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Nobody loves UTSA more than you, that's for sure.

I hate UTSA. I'm also willing to admit, that right now, they got the better coach based on wins and recruiting. The two things that matter most

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Didn't their freshman linebacker get first team all conference? Also, If I remember correctly they went pretty JuCo heavy this year, so they'll have help immediately

I hate UTSA. I'm also willing to admit, that right now, they got the better coach based on wins and recruiting. The two things that matter most

As of now, I agree and I am not sure how anyone else could not. 

20 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

The freshman linebacker was at UTSA before Frank Wilson. He was a redshirted Freshman.

Frank took a 3 win team to 6.

Seth took a 1 win team to 5.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

The freshman linebacker was at UTSA before Frank Wilson. He was a redshirted Freshman.

The real question now, is Littrell that much better of a coach that he will improve more than Wilson? I have no idea, I hope so. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Most pundits are figuring Wilson can continue his 3-win/season trajectory and get to 9, challenging for the C-USA title... while the same are slotting NT as stagnant, or 1 more win.

Who will make it to 9 wins first?   Wilson or Littrell?

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Ok so deal

5M9ouEr.png

Failure to live up to the terms will lead to a permaban.

17 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yes. I will get in on this right now. Name your price. 

Your "Incredibly Manly and Willing to Accept the Consequences Eagle" title has been revoked.  

16 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Yeah, I just don't see it with the way they've been recruiting. They have completely mopped the floor with us in recruiting under Wilson, and I don't think you can out scheme a talent difference like that on a consistent basis. Even at home.

Yep, because those RS Freshmen/Sophmores should be killing us right now.  He has signed two classes to date, so I don't think any perceived recruiting edge has been proven at this time.

17 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

My money is on North Texas 

My money is on North Texas. 

If UTSA wins I will Venmo/PayPal you $50

When UNT wins you don't owe me a dollar. Just have to keep your pessimistic opinions off the board for 6 months. 

Deal? 

Image result for stone cold steve austin meme

3 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Based on one season?

5 JUCO's in 2018

Is it just me or are they obsessed with outdoing us?  For the life of me I never understand why Mac didn't give a $hit about them and put no emphasis into the game.  Not sure that Littrell does either.  Fans and alumni sure do.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Is it just me or are they obsessed with outdoing us?  

This.  It is a head scratcher.  You would think they would invest in facilities and pretty locker rooms since that leads to recruiting success.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

This.  It is a head scratcher.  You would think they would invest in facilities and pretty locker rooms since that leads to recruiting success.

The city practically gives them the Alamodome.  UTSA is pretty much all they have for the dome.

For UTSA there's no incentive to buy a cow when they are basically being given the milk though 2035.

I seriously doubt UTSA would even be FBS today if they had been forced to build their own stadium.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

I have always felt the fans dislike utsa and want to win the game more than the coaches and players do. If they do they do a dang good job holding in their disgust.  

Please players if you only win one game again this year you know who gets my vote.

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1