Uniform Speculation

AustinFromUNT

Not a big fan of black being incorporated as a main stay color into the uni. 

Big fan of all white. 

Absolutely hate all green. 

Eccentric unis are fine for alternates only.

I'm kind of classic in this area though. I would love for our play on the field to speak for itself and go back to the basics much like a ga southern, bama, penn st, etc. Green lid, green and white jersey, white pants with green sow on thigh is kind of what I dig. 

****please fix the placement of the SOW on the helmet****

Make it smaller and place it properly. Since that sticker has touched those helmets, the placement and awkwardness of it has gotten on my nerves. 

9 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Do you like the chrome helmets?  What if those were the only helmets they kept?

If there is going to be a departure from green and white somewhere, I would like it to be the helmet. As long as the logo is green, I don't mind chrome helmets or black helmets.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I like most any combination of green and white.  I don't like black uniforms on a team nicknamed Mean Green.

I would tend to agree, but the two greatest UNT games I've attended in my life were the Halloween game against Rice (the stand) and the subsequent Heart of Dallas Bowl game against UNLV where I watched Derek Thompson pop back in a dislocated kneecap and lead us to victory.  

Both games had black uniforms.  

This has made me somewhat partial to them. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

My hope:

White pants with the double green stripe like the throwbacks.  This is our only option.  No green or black pants.

Green jersey with the white stripes on the sleeve, again, just like the throwbacks.  A white option with green stripes.  Black accents.

Green helmet, green chrome helmet, white helmet with a black version and silver chrome version for special occassions.

Yes, I prefer traditional over Oregon/Baylor tricked up versions.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Uniform release is getting closer and closer so here is some speculation: How would you feel about all white or all black or all green uniforms?

Personally, I like when uniforms match top to bottom. *hides from incoming tomatoes*

HOWEVER

I don't like when teams wear all black or all white just because. It's cool when Baylor does it every other year against OU because the whole crowd blacks out. If I remember correctly I attended an a&m whiteout with my friend at Kyle a few years ago and that was neat.

WB made it sound like there will be a good chunk of combos to pick from. This is a good thing. I pointed it out a while back, but the home and away uniforms were completely different designs in 2016 (and 2015?). That's distracting and aesthetically unpleasing to fans. Or just me. Meh.

To those who are griping about this not being a relevant topic, PLEASE trust me as a 20 year old who has friends who were recruited in HS: Cool uniforms matter. I'm not debating the legitimacy of that concept, but 18 year olds want to wear attractive, flashy uniforms. You look good, you play good, ya know. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I would tend to agree, but the two greatest UNT games I've attended in my life were the Halloween game against Rice (the stand) and the subsequent Heart of Dallas Bowl game against UNLV where I watched Derek Thompson pop back in a dislocated kneecap and lead us to victory.  

Both games had black uniforms.  

This has made me somewhat partial to them. 

The black with green is fierce. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Personally, I like simple. (I'm old. I'm a man, I'm 40)  but I do recognize....the kids like the combos. So I'm all for it if the recruits like it. Especially the big strong fast ones. 

I did LOVE the chrome helmets last year. 

I would like to see a matte helmet. Green or black. I think that matte look is nice. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Lovely Take 1