New UNT Chancellor Lesa Roe Interview

Harry

She has a BS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Florida.  Hopefully there are no bad feelings about the whole tripped into the Gator QB thing.  

She's a member of the "Network with Gators" LinkedIn group. 

I feel like I'm stalking now, but looks like she has a son that currently plays football for Virginia Tech.   Maybe a good sign towards interests in athletics?

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/players/roe_dalton.html

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

She has a BS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Florida.  Hopefully there are no bad feelings about the whole tripped into the Gator QB thing.  

She's a member of the "Network with Gators" LinkedIn group. 

I feel like I'm stalking now, but looks like she has a son that currently plays football for Virginia Tech.   Maybe a good sign towards interests in athletics?

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/players/roe_dalton.html

Looks like his father also played college football 

• Upvote 2

So here is a question that hasn't been asked.. 

Could the plans for the IPF and Office expansion be delayed because the new chancellor hasn't signed off on it? I'm assuming Jackson could do it, but no idea if he hasn't since he is on the way out

---------------

Wonder if he would transfer here to play?? Just saying we have an opening on the DL

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

So here is a question that hasn't been asked.. 

Could the plans for the IPF and Office expansion be delayed because the new chancellor hasn't signed off on it? I'm assuming Jackson could do it, but no idea if he hasn't since he is on the way out

---------------

Wonder if he would transfer here to play?? Just saying we have an opening on the DL

He was a walk-on.

53 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

He was a walk-on.

The kid we got from Kansas was a Walk-on... did you complain?  

Because from what  Vito has been reporting the kid is making a nice impression

Not sure why it would matter if he was or was not.. he is at a P5

56 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Well, he doesn't look to be getting any playing time at VT.

That's why I brought it up, he is a RS-Jr, I'm hoping that he has completed classes but he woulda been at least a larger body to put in the middle of that DL while English was out since people don't like Tony's size at DT/NG. Also, he wouldn't take up a scholarship either I would assume

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

The kid we got from Kansas was a Walk-on... did you complain?  

Because from what  Vito has been reporting the kid is making a nice impression

Not sure why it would matter if he was or was not.. he is at a P5

Damn! Don't get your bowels in an uproar!  I merely made a statement that he was a walkon.  Geez!

• Lovely Take 1

11 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Have not been able to keep up with this. Any indication how she views athletics? 

Her husband played football at the University of South Carolina, and her son currently plays for Virginia Tech. I'd be willing to guess that she is not only a fan of college football, but is also quite knowledgeable about it.

I am really liking our university leadership as far as athletics are concerned.  

• Upvote 5

Hilarious.....our university moves in a historic direction and some are concerned with whether her son can play football, too funny. In any case as far as athletics are concerned she will entrust the president of North Texas to be a major decision maker, I doubt they brought her in to "shake up" athletics. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

What historic direction are you speaking of ?  The first chancellor for outer space ?  I'd just like to have the NT chancellor watch her son play and attend a North Texas game all at the same time.  He likely has no desire to play here.  My question was if he wanted to, would the NCAA  be a help or a hindrance.

Go NASA

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, greenjoe said:

What historic direction are you speaking of ?  The first chancellor for outer space ?  I'd just like to have the NT chancellor watch her son play and attend a North Texas game all at the same time.  He likely has no desire to play here.  My question was if he wanted to, would the NCAA  be a help or a hindrance.

Go NASA

GO MEAN GREEN

I think the historical fact is that she is the first Women chancellor in the history of UNT.

• Upvote 2