2018 DE Spencer Trussell- Arlington Martin

Marty

I am a little confused here.

A 2 star recruit that we "hardly had a shot at"

Unless I am in the dark about something I dont understand why we did not have a shot.  2 big 12 offers and then G5 offers.  I would think we would totally have a shot here.

Did we screw this up by doing something against his brother?? Thats the only thing i can think of.

37 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Ones with 7 offers Ksu, TT, UTSA, etc yes I'm worried why we didn't offer

I understand that, but the point I'm making is people on this board (not you) but others have been critical of us picking up 2* kids saying we need to go for higher ranked kids.. 

We have no idea what has or hasn't happened in terms of them recruiting the kid.. maybe they met with him and he said no way, maybe he doesn't fit into what they wanna do? Maybe they felt no chance and didn't jump in this late or maybe they favor guys like Bell to him at the Jack position.. 

Yes it's disappointing to not offer someone with this list, but we don't know what is going in the football recruiting 99.9% of the time. Us having no trust in this staff and questioning what is going will only lead to us digging ourselves into a deeper hole of mistrust and questions.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I understand that, but the point I'm making is people on this board (not you) but others have been critical of us picking up 2* kids saying we need to go for higher ranked kids.. 

We have no idea what has or hasn't happened in terms of them recruiting the kid.. maybe they met with him and he said no way, maybe he doesn't fit into what they wanna do? Maybe they felt no chance and didn't jump in this late or maybe they favor guys like Bell to him at the Jack position.. 

Yes it's disappointing to not offer someone with this list, but we don't know what is going in the football recruiting 99.9% of the time. Us having no trust in this staff and questioning what is going will only lead to us digging ourselves into a deeper hole of mistrust and questions.

I'm not overly concerned about the ratings as I am about the offer sheets. Most times, and not in this case, the rating will match the offer sheet. I know I've said this before, but I would be more than pleased to land a full class of 2 stars if they're averaging 3-4 FBS offers. 

• Upvote 1