12 NFL Team Scouts Have Watched UNT This Fall

MGNation92

3 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Saints but no Texans?

Dumb organization.   The Texans are the same organization that gave Brock Osweiler a huge deal.

13 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

It's great that we're getting this out there on social media.   Recruits want to know that they'll have a shot at the next level if they come here.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Not really. Its not like they were hurting for cash. They had the money traded and got the extra pick. Get an experienced QB with no real risk. He was better than anything they had. 

May be a different story now but I know when the deal was originally made, they just wanted the pick and were actively trying to dump Assweiler.

Edited by Matt from A700

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

The Browns are dumber for taking his contract on.

They got a 2nd round pick for taking on his salary... they had something like 60-70 million in open cap space.. they could easily cut him and get a 2nd basically for free in terms of not given anything away.. 

2 hours ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Not really. Its not like they were hurting for cash. They had the money traded and got the extra pick. Get an experienced QB with no real risk. He was better than anything they had. 

Agree basically bought a 2nd round pick.. not a bad choice since HOU maybe not be playoff bound.. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Plus I think I remember hearing that they were below the salary cap floor and needed to get the payroll up anyway. The bought the 2nd round pick, not the qb.

2 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

is there anyone on our roster who has serious draft potential?

also, really glad to hear this... sad that it is such a big deal...

McClain, Wilson if he has huge year and stays healthy, Jordan Murray if he figures it out, Nate Brooks, Eric Jenkins and Caleb Chumley IMO. 

• Lovely Take 2

42 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

McClain, Wilson if he has huge year and stays healthy, Jordan Murray if he figures it out, Nate Brooks, Eric Jenkins and Caleb Chumley IMO. 

I think McClain, Jenkins, Wilson are the leaders in terms of getting to the next level.. Smiley could get a look if he has a huge season but I think that would be a stretch...

Murray looks the part of a next level OL, Guyton has the size and potential, RICO I think could be, and Brooks is likely one of the top players to watch in the conference in terms of potential.

• Lovely Take 1

13 minutes ago, outoftown said:

I think scouts primarily come for Murray and McClain. But while they are already here, they will also look at some other players like Wilson, in case he has a huge year.

Wilson made two NFL cuts at the last scrimmage, cuts I hadn't seen since Demarco Murray at OU. At least live with my own eyes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

7 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Wilson made two NFL cuts at the last scrimmage, cuts I hadn't seen since Demarco Murray at OU. At least live with my own eyes. 

Jeff has to stay healthy or it's a mute point. His undersized frame doesn't do him much favor either. I know he has struggled to add and maintain weight in the past. Pound for pound he is one hell of a running back though, he will definitely get his looks, just hope his body holds up. Kishawn is likely the reason for the boost in scouts at practice. He too is a bit undersized, which is typical at the G5 level, but the guy is as instinctual of a ball player as I can recall. Put on the Army film in West Point, incredible the way he flew to the ball, sideline to sideline. He can support the run and drop in coverage. A natural football player. Deserving of every look he gets.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, GMG24 said:

17 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I think McClain, Jenkins, Wilson are the leaders in terms of getting to the next level.. Smiley could get a look if he has a huge season but I think that would be a stretch...

Murray looks the part of a next level OL, Guyton has the size and potential, RICO I think could be, and Brooks is likely one of the top players to watch in the conference in terms of potential.

I thought I read Jenkins was in danger of losing his job to Hall.

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

We have no idea if he is, or if it just them  rotating guys through that CB spot. I'm assuming Hall is challenging, but Jenks had a good year when he was on the field last year.

He had 2 Pick-6s and 3 or 4 INTs in limited action because of injuries and he was late transferring to UNT. I believe he was tied for, or lead the nation in Pick-6s.. if this Front 6/7 can get pressure, it should lead to more bad passes hopefully and more turnovers which Jenks 

Edited by BTG_Fan1

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

We have no idea if he is, or if it just them  rotating guys through that CB spot. I'm assuming Hall is challenging, but Jenks had a good year when he was on the field last year.

He had 2 Pick-6s and 3 or 4 INTs in limited action because of injuries and he was late transferring to UNT.

Ah gotcha

1 hour ago, TIgreen01 said:

Can someone knowledgeable of CB play break down Brooks---specifically why he's showing up on watch lists and getting NFL interest?

I didn't know Nate was on any watch lists, but it wouldn't surprise me.  Nate is listed at 6'0 on the site, but I'm guessing he is closer to what he has posted on his twitter at 6'1.  

Tall corners are getting a lot of NFL attention and Nate will be a tall corner with 4 years experience.  A lot of the tall corners can't move like a traditional corners, but teams will still give them a look.  Jamal Marshall got a look with seattle because he was fast and was 6'3.  I have seen other tall guys get a look who don't even come close to having the hip movement to play corner.

Even though Nate is tall, he still has good hip movement and quickness to play corner.  He's also undersized, but plays the run very aggressive and has a good football IQ.  He will have 2 years to work on his man coverage and add more weight...and get that horrible defense of lining up 10 yards off the ball completely out of his system.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

In 2015, it was Jamal Marshall that was having a good camp and would get time at corner...Nothing

Last year Jamel Moore was getting a lot of run and he didn't play much corner at all last season.

So I guess we have Hall now.  I will believe it when I see it. Vito is bound to hit sooner or later, but I doubt it is with this one.  Jenkins most likely has a nagging injury that is keeping him from practicing.  He will need to get out there sooner or late though, because I have heard Littrel and Co is big on practice.