Rumor of John Franklin III...

Ben Gooding

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

...grad transferring to FAU. It's popping up on Auburn boards. 

Wouldn't be surprised. Kiffin took several east Mississippi JUCO guys.  House of cards. IMO.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

It's official. JFIII to FAU...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20351695/john-franklin-iii-transfer-auburn-tigers

Win or lose, I have no idea. What I do know, is they are going to have a talented team. This is what a splash hire does for you. And, of course, willing to take on guys with a troubled past. IF Kiffin can keep this together and get everybody aiming in the same direction, they are going bowling THIS year. I am officially nervous for our road game down to Boca Rotan. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

45 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Kiffin will be gone in a couple years max, I'll suffer through a ton of envy posts on GMG.com, and then he'll be gone and the biggest hammer the NCAA can find will be thrown down in Florida.

NCAA haa shown through the recent years to be hesitant to do much of anything unless there is concrete evidence paired with severe public pressure. I mean hell, they lightened up the initial consequences on Pedophile State. Ole Miss is working on over 3 years of "investigation" with no real NCAA action. Lord KNOWS Bama is cheating, etc. FAU, if they are cheating and can keep it close to vest, they can explode onto the scene before the NCAA even considers taking notice. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Kiffin will be gone in a couple years max, I'll suffer through a ton of envy posts on GMG.com, and then he'll be gone and the biggest hammer the NCAA can find will be thrown down in Florida.

I agree whole heartedly.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

NCAA haa shown through the recent years to be hesitant to do much of anything unless there is concrete evidence paired with severe public pressure. I mean hell, they lightened up the initial consequences on Pedophile State. Ole Miss is working on over 3 years of "investigation" with no real NCAA action. Lord KNOWS Bama is cheating, etc. FAU, if they are cheating and can keep it close to vest, they can explode onto the scene before the NCAA even considers taking notice. 

My observation: The NCAA handles G5s different than P5s.  From administrative decisions to sanctions.

Expect FAU to "explode", then disappear after Kiffin leaves.

No hard evidence, just a humble opinion: in today's environment, if we - or any G5 - wants to brand ourselves permanently into the national perception, you have to win and win consistently for 10+ consecutive years.  There's no way the Kiffin-FAU relationship will have that longevity.

Eh, no so fast.  Remember FAU is a G5 conference member.  The NCAA likes to drop the hammer on those programs not in a Power Conference.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, greenminer said:

My observation: The NCAA handles G5s different than P5s.  From administrative decisions to sanctions.

Expect FAU to "explode", then disappear after Kiffin leaves.

No hard evidence, just a humble opinion: in today's environment, if we - or any G5 - wants to brand ourselves permanently into the national perception, you have to win and win consistently for 10+ consecutive years.  There's no way the Kiffin-FAU relationship will have that longevity.

I just hope they don't "explode" on us this year.