Will Kiffin Be Gone After 1 Year?

44 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

If Santa gets him what he is asking for, yes, year one will be year only. The real question is will anyone actually be interested in taking him after one year given his history.

Sadly, yes.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Hunter Green said:

Sadly, yes.

I don't know, he has a rep for pouring gas all over everything and dropping a match on his way out of town. Tennessee would be a great example of how he leaves jobs. I think he will have to be in Florida for a few years and prove that he is capable of being a more than one year coach.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, forevereagle said:

I don't know, he has a rep for pouring gas all over everything and dropping a match on his way out of town. Tennessee would be a great example of how he leaves jobs. I think he will have to be in Florida for a few years and prove that he is capable of being a more than one year coach.

I hear you, but there there will always be schools that are not on the radar that would take a chance to make a splash on the national scene (ala FAU). Sun Belt schools and some CUSA schools would take that chance, IMHO.  

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

I hear you, but there there will always be schools that are not on the radar that would take a chance to make a splash on the national scene (ala FAU). Sun Belt schools and some CUSA schools would take that chance, IMHO.  

Sure, but why would he leave FAU for another SB or CUSA school? He is only leaving for a P5 job, and those schools are likely going to look at his history and wait on him to prove he can handle the job for longer than one year.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

Sure, but why would he leave FAU for another SB or CUSA school? He is only leaving for a P5 job, and those schools are likely going to look at his history and wait on him to prove he can handle the job for longer than one year.

I get it. I'm just saying that there are schools that would take the chance. I'm sure he's got his eye on a P5.

6 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I don't think any P5 of any significance will be interested in him as a HC for a little while.  OC, sure, but he just left Bama/turned down the LSU OC job for the FAU HC job.  If he wants to stay HC, his best bet is probably a G5 a little higher up the ladder.

Yeah.   I'd watch for a AAC/MWC team, or a low-rung P5 school to take him.  Only if he has success at FAU without creating a toxic environment.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, ttunt1970 said:

Just got OU transfer qb Robison from Mesquite Horn

13 minutes ago, cdizzle86 said:

Last Chance FAU

We laugh because it's easy to laugh at FAU and Kiffin, but I don't think they're necessarily cheating. They got a couple guys that were big splash momentum caliber guys and it created the snowball effect. They hired a splash HC that hired a splash OC thus the snowball in their recruiting/transfer game. They very well could be the one's laughing when it's all said and done. 

Oh, and don't be surprised if they land that big OL UT transfer either. They've got momentum and it's being nationally recognized. 

• Lovely Take 2

On 8/16/2017 at 2:59 PM, Ben Gooding said:

We laugh because it's easy to laugh at FAU and Kiffin, but I don't think they're necessarily cheating. They got a couple guys that were big splash momentum caliber guys and it created the snowball effect. They hired a splash HC that hired a splash OC thus the snowball in their recruiting/transfer game. They very well could be the one's laughing when it's all said and done. 

Oh, and don't be surprised if they land that big OL UT transfer either. They've got momentum and it's being nationally recognized. 

I get the whole splash HC/OC but Kiffin isn't a coach we should want.. Yes he has had success other places but he hurt places more than he has improved them.

Briles was someone looked at for the HC job at the time but was holding out for better than UNT, and the entire state likely knew about the Issues that have came to light in Waco. Kiffin is betting/hoping that Briles can bring in some talent with kids not being fully aware of what is happening at Baylor. It's been shown what Briles was willing to say anything to get guys on campus, and that won't work out long-term.

Yes, SL and GH weren't major names and we have to remember GH is just becoming an OC, while Briles inherited it and likely knew it inside and out from his dad.also, it doesn't hurt when you hit on a QB like RG3. 

Yes we all would love to have a staff of bigger name guys And proven track records but SL has lost 4 coaches to P5 programs. Give me the UNT model over the soon to be imploding of the FAU program

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I get the whole splash HC/OC but Kiffin isn't a coach we should want.. Yes he has had success other places but he hurt places more than he has improved them.

Briles was someone looked at for the HC job at the time but was holding out for better than UNT, and the entire state likely knew about the Issues that have came to light in Waco. Kiffin is betting/hoping that Briles can bring in some talent with kids not being fully aware of what is happening at Baylor. It's been shown what Briles was willing to say anything to get guys on campus, and that won't work out long-term.

Yes, SL and GH weren't major names and we have to remember GH is just becoming an OC, while Briles inherited it and likely knew it inside and out from his dad.also, it doesn't hurt when you hit on a QB like RG3. 

Yes we all would love to have a staff of bigger name guys And proven track records but SL has lost 4 coaches to P5 programs. Give me the UNT model over the soon to be imploding of the FAU program

OK? All I'm saying is that they very well may whip our ass this year. Then, they'll be the one's laughing. I don't care about any of that other stuff. That's a bunch of he said she said speculation. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

OK? All I'm saying is that they very well may whip our ass this year. Then, they'll be the one's laughing. I don't care about any of that other stuff. That's a bunch of he said she said speculation. 

What a typical Ben Googong dumb ass comment.  Winning does not justify the game he is playing. If you think he gives a damn about those kids or the University or if they ever graduate you're crazy.  Sorry but I do not believe that winning justifies everything 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

What a typical Ben Googong dumb ass comment.  Winning does not justify the game he is playing. If you think he gives a damn about those kids or the University or if they ever graduate you're crazy.  Sorry but I do not believe that winning justifies everything 

Tell the winning spill to any coach in America. They'll laugh in your face. That's why players are given 2-3-4 chances, because of winning. 

And do you think any coach they coach for gives a damn about the alma mater they coach at? Unless they played or attended at their university, the answer is hell no. Do you think Seth Littrell gives a damn about the University of North Texas? No. He does not. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Tell the winning spill to any coach in America. They'll laugh in your face. That's why players are given 2-3-4 chances, because of winning. 

And do you think any coach they coach for gives a damn about the alma mater they coach at? Unless they played or attended at their university, the answer is hell no. Do you think Seth Littrell gives a damn about the University of North Texas? No. He does not. 

You have fallen off your Rocker.  The man makes 1 million dollars a year, I bet he's pretty proud of where he's at. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I thought it was pretty apparent that SL is using this as an opportunity to springboard to a better HC position? Plus it's not 1 million guaranteed, it's an incentive filled contract.  

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1