Charlottesville, VA Protest - Car Plows Into Crowd

Sad situation...sad. Neither side is "innocent" in this stuff.   Seems today that many people think freedom of speech is a one way street.  Goes sort of like...."I am all for freedom of speech...as long as you agree with me."  Both sides in this thing are very guilty of just this sort of stinking thinking.  Sad. 😰😰

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Sad situation...sad. Neither side is "innocent" in this stuff.   Seems today that many people think freedom of speech is a one way street.  Goes sort of like...."I am all for freedom of speech...as long as you agree with me."  Both sides in this thing are very guilty of just this sort of stinking thinking.  Sad. 😰😰

When freedom of speech stops being a two way street, that's when domestic terrorists have to put their car in reverse to kill more people. 

I paraphrase the great Martin Luther King Jr. when I say that I dream of a day when we finally have a two way street that allows white supremacists to make legal u-turns to mow down counter-protestors. 

Until that day, I'm in the "neither side is innocent" camp, too. Use the crosswalks, thugs. 

14 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

When freedom of speech stops being a two way street, that's when domestic terrorists have to put their car in reverse to kill more people. 

I paraphrase the great Martin Luther King Jr. when I say that I dream of a day when we finally have a two way street that allows white supremacists to make legal u-turns to mow down counter-protestors. 

Until that day, I'm in the "neither side is innocent" camp, too. Use the crosswalks, thugs. 

Blink blink! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Just don't leave room for people to draw a false equivalence between groups of people, of which the far-right aims to marginalize, de-humanize, steal from, and yeah, kill entire groups of people based on skin tone and where they or their ancestors were born. They're dragging down the GOP and the US with that garbage. By action and intention, their aim is pretty clear.

And for real, ya'll, when you've got some of our few remaining WW2 vets telling you you're messing up, you're truly messing up. 

10 hours ago, meangreendork said:

Just don't leave room for people to draw a false equivalence between groups of people, of which the far-right aims to marginalize, de-humanize, steal from, and yeah, kill entire groups of people based on skin tone and where they or their ancestors were born. They're dragging down the GOP and the US with that garbage. By action and intention, their aim is pretty clear.

And for real, ya'll, when you've got some of our few remaining WW2 vets telling you you're messing up, you're truly messing up. 

Just looks like a bunch of stinkin thinkin to me. 

If those people hadn't been on the streets or sidewalks, or laying injured and bleeding on the road as the guy put his car in reverse and backed over them, then they never would have gotten hit in the first place. Or, second place, as their individual situations merit. 

There's guilt on both sides. This isn't like France. That guy used a truck.

10 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Just looks like a bunch of stinkin thinkin to me. 

If those people hadn't been on the streets or sidewalks, or laying injured and bleeding on the road as the guy put his car in reverse and backed over them, then they never would have gotten hit in the first place. Or, second place, as their individual situations merit. 

There's guilt on both sides. This isn't like France. That guy used a truck.

th.jpg.c63ace216f17abdeda95e61c7b837995.jpg

• Confused 1

Might just be me, but I don't think this tragedy is anything to make light of or to use for personal reasons.  These neo-Nazi types are full of stinking thinking (a term originated by Zig Ziegler by the way) and anyone who cannot see that isn't looking.  This type of situation is nothing to make light of in the hopes of getting a shot in at someone.  These idiots are nuts and are creating a situation that can harm a lot of innocent people. It is nothing to be cute about or to use for personal reasons. These fools need to be handled by the legal authorities and procecuted in our courts of law.  Sad day, sad situation and even more sad when someone makes light of it for personal reasons.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Might just be me, but I don't think this tragedy is anything to make light of or to use for personal reasons.  These neo-Nazi types are full of stinking thinking (a term originated by Zig Ziegler by the way) and anyone who cannot see that isn't looking.  This type of situation is nothing to make light of in the hopes of getting a shot in at someone.  These idiots are nuts and are creating a situation that can harm a lot of innocent people. It is nothing to be cute about or to use for personal reasons. These fools need to be handled by the legal authorities and procecuted in our courts of law.  Sad day, sad situation and even more sad when someone makes light of it for personal reasons.

Well, at least we've come a long way from "neither side is innocent". 

Baby steps. 

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

I agree, thelse people are complete losers  just like the fascist at Berkley destroying property because they didn't want to hear Ann Coulter speak. I refuse to call then antifa because they are definitely fascist in wanting to control what others think, say, and hear. No extremists are completely innocent of violence.

Edited by GreenMachine
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

38 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

I agree, thelse people are complete losers  just like the fascist at Berkley destroying property because they didn't want to hear Ann Coulter speak. I refuse to call then antifa because they are definitely fascist in wanting to control what others think, say, and hear. No extremists are completely innocent of violence.

I hadn't heard about that "Berkley" situation... Presumably because whatever property got destroyed wasn't run over by a car with a corpse in its grille and two dozen injured human beings getting dragged along behind it. 

Still, though, I think it's important right now that we denounce ALL extremism, not focus on the neo-Nazis and Confederacy worshippers in Charlottesville just because a few snowflakes got their safe spaces invaded by a Dodge bumper or a few steel poles. All Protestors Matter, damnit. We mustn't forget it. 

2 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

I hadn't heard about that "Berkley" situation... Presumably because whatever property got destroyed wasn't run over by a car with a corpse in its grille and two dozen injured human beings getting dragged along behind it. 

Still, though, I think it's important right now that we denounce ALL extremism, not focus on the neo-Nazis and Confederacy worshippers in Charlottesville just because a few snowflakes got their safe spaces invaded by a Dodge bumper or a few steel poles. All Protestors Matter, damnit. We mustn't forget it. 

So I guess violence and rioting and destruction of others property is only bad if someone is killed? Sad..

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

3 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

So I guess violence and rioting and destruction of others property is only bad if someone is killed? Sad..

Sad if anyone felt that way, but obviously not. Destruction of property is terrible under all circumstances, and anyone who would focus on this incident and the death of this woman just because it happened a day and a half ago and it's the specific subject of the thread is a jerk or a fool.

When lefty protestors damage property because of their extremist views, we need to hold them accountable. That's why I'm hoping the authorities make a few more arrests in Charlottesville and give proper consequences to those responsible for damage to this poor guy's car. 

That guy's Dodge is probably totaled. Obviously, the dead woman is going to get away scott free, though hopefully they can sue her relatives or something to recover some of the replacement cost. But, for the other 19 (or however many) people that wrecked his bumper, his hood, his windshield, or what have you? Cuff them to their hospital beds and throw the book at them. Ideally, at a part of their body that didn't already get hit by a car. Otherwise, it'll just give them something else to whine about. 

It's easy to look at a gathering of Nazis, Klansmen, and such, and get distracted by a few crybabies whining about a couple dozen people getting intentionally mauled with a car or beaten with metal pipes. We need to make sure we don't lose perspective on what really matters, which is damaged property, whether now or from months ago.

Neither side is innocent. Hold everyone responsible. Because the only thing worse than a liberal bleeding heart is a literal bleeding heart that ruins the paint job on someone's sweet Challenger. 

1 hour ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Sad if anyone felt that way, but obviously not. Destruction of property is terrible under all circumstances, and anyone who would focus on this incident and the death of this woman just because it happened a day and a half ago and it's the specific subject of the thread is a jerk or a fool.

When lefty protestors damage property because of their extremist views, we need to hold them accountable. That's why I'm hoping the authorities make a few more arrests in Charlottesville and give proper consequences to those responsible for damage to this poor guy's car. 

That guy's Dodge is probably totaled. Obviously, the dead woman is going to get away scott free, though hopefully they can sue her relatives or something to recover some of the replacement cost. But, for the other 19 (or however many) people that wrecked his bumper, his hood, his windshield, or what have you? Cuff them to their hospital beds and throw the book at them. Ideally, at a part of their body that didn't already get hit by a car. Otherwise, it'll just give them something else to whine about. 

It's easy to look at a gathering of Nazis, Klansmen, and such, and get distracted by a few crybabies whining about a couple dozen people getting intentionally mauled with a car or beaten with metal pipes. We need to make sure we don't lose perspective on what really matters, which is damaged property, whether now or from months ago.

Neither side is innocent. Hold everyone responsible. Because the only thing worse than a liberal bleeding heart is a literal bleeding heart that ruins the paint job on someone's sweet Challenger. 

This may be one of my favorite comments I have read on this board in a while.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

You said so yourself in your previous post and in this post. Maybe you should  stop trying to be a funny guy (You are not funny) and injecting humor into serious subjects. You find this humorous as well?

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/08/10/anti-trump-nutjob-arrested-for-murder-of-gop-committeeman-neighbor/

Edited by GreenMachine
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

4 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

You said so yourself in your previous post and in this post. Maybe you should  stop trying to be a funny guy (You are not funny) and injecting humor into serious subjects. You find this humorous as well?

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/08/10/anti-trump-nutjob-arrested-for-murder-of-gop-committeeman-neighbor/

That link was not a hilarious Dilbert cartoon, nor was it an episode of "Kevin Can Wait". So, no, there was nothing humorous about it. 

Frankly, seeing the story about that man being killed made me think of my own neighbor, who had his mailbox knocked over just a few months ago. And when I think about that nearly identical crime against property, it just makes those emotions all the more raw and terrible. 

5 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

Linking to the newspaper of the guy who organized the rally is actually fairly hilarious. Please know I appreciate your comedic timing and intentional irony even if those jerk mods don't. You may not find me funny, which is very saddening, but please know you are a constant source of smiles and amusement for me. 

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Ahh, the typical yuck monkeys are at it again.  

WOOOHOOOO - we got obvious man and his 18,000 posts to clean up the streets. Drop some knowledge on us, guy who fills his diaper every time he loses his echo chamber (or do you just want threads that mirror your views?)

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 4

Lol. Guy posts a video of a heinous douche using a car as a weapon and killing someone. This douche happens to be a white supremacist. That doesn't make him a douche. When he decided to act in such a way to deprive other human beings of their life because of his beliefs, that's what took him to Full Douche mode. Never go Full Douche. Same exact thing can be said for James Hodgkinson, the Bernie Bro douche who decided that his political beliefs took priority over the lives of others and shot up a baseball game. F$*k that guy. And the only reasonable response to the OP's initial post would have been to say about James Fields, the driver. F&#k that guy. And F()*k anybody that puts their beliefs over the lives of others. 

But instead of saying that, several people fall all over each other to rise to the occasion and do the old partisan false equivalency argument that "both sides are equally bad" or "well, remember when your side did it too, "I know you are but what am I." Thus missing the entire point that there are no sides, just a%^holes who take things too far, but this has to do with them being jerks, not political scoreboarding. 

So, in review: James Fields, F&#k that guy. James Hodgkinson, F)^k that guy. 

And as far as Tasty is concerned: I can only imagine that, after observing others make light of the death of a human being in order to redirect the conversation to partisan, tribalistic political points as opposed to mourning the senseless loss of life over ideology, and deciding to satirize those very actions, thus being called out for not treating the topic with respect or making light of it, that Tasty is currently having this conversation with Harry: 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, Shuke-D said:

Lol. Guy posts a video of a heinous douche using a car as a weapon and killing someone. This douche happens to be a white supremacist. That doesn't make him a douche. When he decided to act in such a way to deprive other human beings of their life because of his beliefs, that's what took him to Full Douche mode. Never go Full Douche. Same exact thing can be said for James Hodgkinson, the Bernie Bro douche who decided that his political beliefs took priority over the lives of others and shot up a baseball game. F$*k that guy. And the only reasonable response to the OP's initial post would have been to say about James Fields, the driver. F&#k that guy. And F()*k anybody that puts their beliefs over the lives of others. 

But instead of saying that, several people fall all over each other to rise to the occasion and do the old partisan false equivalency argument that "both sides are equally bad" or "well, remember when your side did it too, "I know you are but what am I." Thus missing the entire point that there are no sides, just a%^holes who take things too far, but this has to do with them being jerks, not political scoreboarding. 

So, in review: James Fields, F&#k that guy. James Hodgkinson, F)^k that guy. 

And as far as Tasty is concerned: I can only imagine that, after observing others make light of the death of a human being in order to redirect the conversation to partisan, tribalistic political points as opposed to mourning the senseless loss of life over ideology, and deciding to satirize those very actions, thus being called out for not treating the topic with respect or making light of it, that Tasty is currently having this conversation with Harry: 

Correction: THIS is actually my favorite post I've seen in a while.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3