DRC: Friday practice notes and thoughts

Brett Vito

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

Krasniqi at nose worries me.  He will be a good player but at 249 he is going to be on roller skates against most of the leagues olines.

Yeah that's a bit of a head scratcher. My guess is they're going to count a lot more on their stunting across all three linemen to cause issues rather than your prototypical nose holding the point of attack every play. I suspect if Krasniqi sees any extended time there, we'll be stunting a LOT. Not that we don't already stunt a lot, but more than usual due to overall lack of size. 

• Lovely Take 1

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Krasniqi at nose worries me.  He will be a good player but at 249 he is going to be on roller skates against most of the leagues olines.

No sir, head up nose he can go either gap. Making both guards have to step to him first thus freeing up backers by a half step.  Best part about not shading. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Harry said:

Smaller is sometimes better if they are quick, will attack, and make a pile out of a double team.  The issue is keeping them healthy with all that pounding.  Krasniqi might be able to play the position well but have to watch that snap count.  

36 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Smaller is sometimes better if they are quick, will attack, and make a pile out of a double team.  The issue is keeping them healthy with all that pounding.  Krasniqi might be able to play the position well but have to watch that snap count.  

I would think that he would be used in certain situations where quickness can be a virtue, such as obvious passing downs. 

• Lovely Take 1

13 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Hope Krasniqi gets to redshirt.

It doesn't sound like it.  It would seem that shifting Young back to DT would be the obvious move . . . he was unquestionably our best DT last year (and probably the year before); we have multiple playmakers at DE; and any other DT you put behind Taualo is going to leave question marks.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

5 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

It doesn't sound like it.  It would seem that shifting Young back to DT would be the obvious move . . . he was unquestionably our best DT last year (and probably the year before); we have multiple playmakers at DE; and any other DT you put behind Taualo is going to leave question marks.

While I agree, the staff has to wonder/think that if they move young inside it would hinder his development at DE, or maybe Young is that much of a beast at DE now.. 

Hopefully they can shuffle a few things and over for some guys and do a 4 man line at times to give TJ a break.. do something like Moore,  on with Hambone/Andy/ and another big body or the Jack.

Do what is best for the players long term, and patchwork it for 3-4 games (hopefully). Tony would be best at RS and bulking up just like every freshman would be 

• Upvote 1