Sign in to follow this  
Brett Vito

DRC: Friday practice notes and thoughts

Recommended Posts

Harry    110

Krasniqi at nose worries me.  He will be a good player but at 249 he is going to be on roller skates against most of the leagues olines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MGNation92    2,946
14 minutes ago, Harry said:

Krasniqi at nose worries me.  He will be a good player but at 249 he is going to be on roller skates against most of the leagues olines.

Yeah that's a bit of a head scratcher. My guess is they're going to count a lot more on their stunting across all three linemen to cause issues rather than your prototypical nose holding the point of attack every play. I suspect if Krasniqi sees any extended time there, we'll be stunting a LOT. Not that we don't already stunt a lot, but more than usual due to overall lack of size. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wag Tag    1,454

Has anybody seen where Caleb is lining up? Slot or standard TE? Thanks

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GMG24    5,095
3 hours ago, Harry said:

Krasniqi at nose worries me.  He will be a good player but at 249 he is going to be on roller skates against most of the leagues olines.

No sir, head up nose he can go either gap. Making both guards have to step to him first thus freeing up backers by a half step.  Best part about not shading. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UNTLifer    9,216

Chumley is going to be a force.

What has happened to Wheeler at LB?

Hope Krasniqi gets to redshirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BTG_Fan1    1,174
7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Chumley is going to be a force.

What has happened to Wheeler at LB?

Hope Krasniqi gets to redshirt.

Wheeler can still play, just rotate him in.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UNT Mean Green    1,257
6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Chumley is going to be a force.

What has happened to Wheeler at LB?

Hope Krasniqi gets to redshirt.

Wheeler has been battling some back issues, which is the main reason behind the amount of time that Colton McDonald has been running with the 1's

  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NorthTexan95    3,187
12 hours ago, Harry said:

Krasniqi at nose worries me.  He will be a good player but at 249 he is going to be on roller skates against most of the leagues olines.

Smaller is sometimes better if they are quick, will attack, and make a pile out of a double team.  The issue is keeping them healthy with all that pounding.  Krasniqi might be able to play the position well but have to watch that snap count.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eagleisland    198
36 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Smaller is sometimes better if they are quick, will attack, and make a pile out of a double team.  The issue is keeping them healthy with all that pounding.  Krasniqi might be able to play the position well but have to watch that snap count.  

I would think that he would be used in certain situations where quickness can be a virtue, such as obvious passing downs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mean Green 93-98    6,452
13 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Hope Krasniqi gets to redshirt.

It doesn't sound like it.  It would seem that shifting Young back to DT would be the obvious move . . . he was unquestionably our best DT last year (and probably the year before); we have multiple playmakers at DE; and any other DT you put behind Taualo is going to leave question marks.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Got5onIt    2,163

Here we go again. The nut kicking starts with the loss of English. Oh the joys of being a NT fan....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BTG_Fan1    1,174
5 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

It doesn't sound like it.  It would seem that shifting Young back to DT would be the obvious move . . . he was unquestionably our best DT last year (and probably the year before); we have multiple playmakers at DE; and any other DT you put behind Taualo is going to leave question marks.

While I agree, the staff has to wonder/think that if they move young inside it would hinder his development at DE, or maybe Young is that much of a beast at DE now.. 

Hopefully they can shuffle a few things and over for some guys and do a 4 man line at times to give TJ a break.. do something like Moore,  on with Hambone/Andy/ and another big body or the Jack.

Do what is best for the players long term, and patchwork it for 3-4 games (hopefully). Tony would be best at RS and bulking up just like every freshman would be 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this