Give me your prediction

@UNTSportsFan

Regular Season record   

123 members have voted

1. 1. W-L

This poll is closed to new votes

I wanted to go with 6-6 but wound up going with 5-7. We are still on an uphill battle and are missing just a few key pieces. I think our record will swing from great (6-6,7-5, 8-4) to bad (5-7, 4-8) on just a few key plays/drives. I feel like our defense is going to be the best we have seen since 2012 and our whole season will rest on their shoulders until our offense gets their feet under them.

Winables:Lamar, UAB, UTEP, Army, Rice

Swing Games: USM, ODU, FAU

• Upvote 1

I can easily see us with 5, 6 or 7 wins. We don't have a lot of depth and a rash of injuries could put us at lucky to get 4. The ball bounces just right and we could get 8. One of the reasons I like CUSA West is the teams are very close in strength and thus it will make for a very interesting race. This is still a rebuild but Seth and the team showed promise last year. Thus I picked 6-6. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

6-6
Lamar/UAB/SoMiss/ODU/UTEP/Rice
Was going to go with 7-5, but losing English put me at swapping the outcome of the SMU game.
Prove me wrong (in a good way) guys!

This is where I am too. We will beat Lamar and UAB or else we probably don't win more than a game on the entire schedule again.  I think we win four games against these six opponents: UTEP, UTSA, @FAU, Army, @Rice, and ODU. I don't see us beating USM, La Tech,  or SMU. Iowa just needs to make sure the funds get deposited in a very timely matter...

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

I want to hear for the 3-9 person 🤔

No.   We don't. 

30 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I put 8-4.  There isn't a game on the schedule, outside of Iowa, that we couldn't win.

Too bad the 11-1 option was not on the table then.
To dive a little deeper...  since all games outside of IA are winnable, why are we losing the other 3 games, and to whom?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I put 8-4.  There isn't a game on the schedule, outside of Iowa, that we couldn't win.

SMU---- not a dog's chance in Hades that we come anywhere close to a win. Courtland Sutton will have a career day. Time to get bought out on this series as students and players don't view it as a must win. It is a huge embarrasement when we are not even competitive with a team that SFA will hold its own with.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 15

Anywhere from 5-7 to 7-5.. English is a big big lose, but I think it maybe a big benefit when he comes back. A fresh guy that has not played in the heat of summer to start the year will be a big boost, and could be a boost as well vs OLs that have been grinding for weeks. If we do go 5-7 again, it's not the end of the world.. Just hope that it's a problem that can be fixed easier than the OL 

------------------------------------------------

I think it was @UNT 90 Grad that did the discussion about APR and how it helped get us into the bowl game last year.

If it was, how does the The loses of Goree, Ivery, Wilson and others hurt us and what can be done to help that at the same?

If it's not, my bad for tagging you.. I just miss our weekly Thursday meet ups in the chat room...

I believe this should be a 6-6 team skill wise barring a few untimely penalties or plays it could go 5-7 or 7-5 I went with 7-5 bc I think they've put the work in this off season to truely play together as a team.  

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1

I feel the following losses: Iowa smu utsa la tech fau  southern miss.  I feel these wins: Lamar uab utep army rice odu. I hit 7-5 before thinking it out. So surprise me Mean Green!!!!!

• Lovely Take 1