Denton County Fastest Growing in America

AustinFromUNT

4 hours ago, southsideguy said:

To bad the roads in the area are the same as they were in late 70's.  The city of Denton has no future planning and they tend to react to things five to ten years down the road and then that plan is already outdated.  They just built two big subdivisions on a road that already has traffic problems and the two roads that will service the subdivisions are just two lane roads.    They need to say no to new subdivision until they have the proper roads in place.  Traffic in Denton is terrible and the roads are in bad shape.  The mayor is a clueless guy and the city planner must be just be drawing a paycheck for showing up. sorry my complaint for the day.  However, I live here anyway so i can go UNT games.

So true.  They are the same as when I was growing up there.  Case in point, Bonnie Brae by Apogee should be redone come 2025.  Oh, and thy will do it in the fall during football season.

• Upvote 1

It may be just outside of Denton County and inside Collin County, but the new Dick's Sporting Goods in Prosper opened up last week and we went in to look around. I am sad to say that there was no UNT gear in there, but I could buy the ever popular Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders t-shirt. But I am glad to say that SMU had nothing in there, either...just Baylor, TCU, UT, OU, Tech, A&M, and A&M Corpus Christi...

This is the kind of stuff that has to get fixed if we want to take advantage of anything associated with this population boom in the Northern suburbs of DFW...

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

It may be just outside of Denton County and inside Collin County, but the new Dick's Sporting Goods in Prosper opened up last week and we went in to look around. I am sad to say that there was no UNT gear in there, but I could buy the ever popular Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders t-shirt. But I am glad to say that SMU had nothing in there, either...just Baylor, TCU, UT, OU, Tech, A&M, and A&M Corpus Christi...

This is the kind of stuff that has to get fixed if we want to take advantage of anything associated with this population boom in the Northern suburbs of DFW...

Just curious, but did you happen to mention this to a staff member or manager?

7 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

It's more or less ignorance by managers, look at Academy. Huge NT selection.

Also, to everyone, stop bitching about Denton not turning into Frisco. 

Edited by Ryan Munthe

10 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

It's more or less ignorance by managers, look at Academy. Huge NT selection.

Also, to everyone, stop bitching about Denton not turning into Frisco. 

As a former manager with Academy, I can tell you that both the managers at Academy and Dicks have 0... and I mean 0% control of what merchandise is offered in store. Every one of these decisions is made by the buyers in the corporate office. 

26 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

As a former manager with Academy, I can tell you that both the managers at Academy and Dicks have 0... and I mean 0% control of what merchandise is offered in store. Every one of these decisions is made by the buyers in the corporate office. 

I always figured this was the case at these big sports apparel chains. I've never seen a UNT shirt in the Academy here in Frisco, either.

31 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

3 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I always figured this was the case at these big sports apparel chains. I've never seen a UNT shirt in the Academy here in Frisco, either.

My first suggestion would be to try with someone in URCM. They've got branding folks that this is part of their jobs.

56 minutes ago, Aldo said:

My first suggestion would be to try with someone in URCM. They've got branding folks that this is part of their jobs.

That's a good idea--I know that there has been some issues in the past with them, but hopefully that has gotten better/easier than it used to be, when Denton was the only place you could go to get decent UNT apparel.

4 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Yes I was a manager in the frisco academy for 3 years, just left last month. All NT gear was designated to go to the Denton store. I never had much NT stuff in frisco unless it was misshipped.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:14 AM, buff64 said:

Amarillo/Canyon population close to 200,000. Canyon ISD already owns Kimbrough .

I live in Amarillo. Maybe once we get this Double-A baseball team we'll see the younger generation stick around since it should help spur downtown growth. I sure miss Denton and DFW, (minus traffic) though. 

6 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

I met with the GM of the Academy in Denton when I was in the athletic department; he was an alumni and pushed hard for it. Academy is a local company so it makes sense. He might've been blowing smoke, who knows. Dick's is way more corporate so that's understandable, as far as that goes.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Munthe said:

I met with the GM of the Academy in Denton when I was in the athletic department; he was an alumni and pushed hard for it. Academy is a local company so it makes sense. He might've been blowing smoke, who knows. Dick's is way more corporate so that's understandable, as far as that goes.

Well it is 2017.  

If you have a social media account hit Academy with a request to carry NT merchandise:

https://twitter.com/Academy

https://www.instagram.com/academy/

https://www.facebook.com/Academy/

If you have a social media account hit Academy with a request to carry NT merchandise.  

1 hour ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Local in the sense that their HQ is in Houston but they are located all throughout the southern/southeastern regions of the US.

23 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Well it is 2017.  

If you have a social media account hit Academy with a request to carry NT merchandise:

https://twitter.com/Academy

https://www.instagram.com/academy/

https://www.facebook.com/Academy/

If you have a social media account hit Academy with a request to carry NT merchandise.  

They carry a ton of NT merchandise at the Denton location. More than UT & AM combined. They need some in Lewisville and the like though.