VIDEO: Born And Bred - Jeffery Wilson

Harry

Mean Green Productions introduces a mini-series featuring the personal stories and backgrounds of some Mean Green football players prior to their arrival in Denton. “Born and Bred” will take you to their hometowns to meet their families, coaches and communities that helped create their passion for football and set them on a path for success.

Today, the series takes you to Elkhart, Texas to visit Jeffery Wilson's hometown and explore his journey.

MeanGreenSports - http://mgrn.us/2vIIqIP

YouTube - https://youtu.be/ZlnGj6n66zk

• Harry featured this topic
1 minute ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Okay, this is probably my favorite thing I have seen in a long time. Great production quality, good length, great player, and amazing man. Do we know how many of these there will be, how often they'll come out, or which players they are going to cover?

Looks like they're gonna do at least one more with Kishawn. I remember them tweeting pictures about it a while back

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

Great job on this.

I hope they are distributing it to the local news, schools, etc.   

34 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

1 thing I wish they would have added was them talking about why they picked UNT, and how UNT has changed them and as a campus as well during there time here

I agree with this also.  

2 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Okay, this is probably my favorite thing I have seen in a long time. Great production quality, good length, great player, and amazing man. Do we know how many of these there will be, how often they'll come out, or which players they are going to cover?

DENTON - Mean Green Productions is introducing a mini-series featuring the personal stories and backgrounds of some Mean Green football players prior to their arrival in Denton. “Born and Bred” will take you to the hometowns to meet the families, coaches and communities that helped create their passion forfootball and set them on a path for success.

Over the next three weeks, the series will take you to Elkhart, Texas and Rosenberg, Texas to visit the hometowns and explore the journeys of seniors Jeffery Wilson and Kishawn McClain. We will also visit with a couple of local players in Andy Flusche and Tyreke Davis, who decided to stay close to home and why that’s important to them.

--From the UNT Website

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Wow! Well-done and inspiring video about a good young man. People need to see this.

Watch it on Youtube and the team site.. Give them the hits and hopefully things like this will continue to be done!

LOL and hopefully enough Youtube views and they can get some $, even if its a few cents...

• Lovely Take 1

7 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Watch it on Youtube and the team site.. Give them the hits and hopefully things like this will continue to be done!

LOL and hopefully enough Youtube views and they can get some $, even if its a few cents...

Agreed want them to make some dough but the more important thing is that you pass it on to other alumni and fans and lettermen and Denton area residents etc.  What we need to do is personalize this thing.  Its not just a bunch of guys getting a scholarship to play a game for 4 years.  These are OUR guys and their stories make them unique to US.  The more we can get these types of personal pictures out to the fence sitters the better.  Winning drives everything, but until you win and win consistently you have to build a compelling story.  Also, our biggest strength is in our numbers of graduates and social media.  We need to interest and engage that audience through these types of great videos.  GMG!

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Agreed want them to make some dough but the more important thing is that you pass it on to other alumni and fans and lettermen and Denton area residents etc.  What we need to do is personalize this thing.  Its not just a bunch of guys getting a scholarship to play a game for 4 years.  These are OUR guys and their stories make them unique to US.  The more we can get these types of personal pictures out to the fence sitters the better.  Winning drives everything, but until you win and win consistently you have to build a compelling story.  Also, our biggest strength is in our numbers of graduates and social media.  We need to interest and engage that audience through these types of great videos.  GMG!

+1