CUSA Coaches Talk Anonymously About other teams

North Texas

“They have a spread offense out of that Larry Fedora tree, and you saw how much better those guys were playing in that system right away.”

“They have some talent, and they should be able to get some pretty good players out of Dallas every year.”

“They had a junior running back that our staff thought was pretty good (Jeffrey Wilson), probably one of the better guys in the league until he got hurt.”

“The freshman quarterback (Mason Fine) was kind of a shorter guy but really moved around the pocket well and created some plays with his feet. I was impressed with him, but he got hurt too at the end of the year.”

“When you’ve got the quarterback and running back coming back, that’s a great start. They lost some receivers, but they’ll be solid coming into the second year of that system.”

https://athlonsports.com/college-footbal...-foes-2017

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Coach Bill Lewis said:

North Texas

“They have a spread offense out of that Larry Fedora tree, and you saw how much better those guys were playing in that system right away.”

“They have some talent, and they should be able to get some pretty good players out of Dallas every year.”

“They had a junior running back that our staff thought was pretty good (Jeffrey Wilson), probably one of the better guys in the league until he got hurt.”

“The freshman quarterback (Mason Fine) was kind of a shorter guy but really moved around the pocket well and created some plays with his feet. I was impressed with him, but he got hurt too at the end of the year.”

“When you’ve got the quarterback and running back coming back, that’s a great start. They lost some receivers, but they’ll be solid coming into the second year of that system.”

https://athlonsports.com/college-footbal...-foes-2017

UAB

"Who?"

"Who?"

"What? The quitters came back?"

"Who?"

"Aren"t they the Flamers or something?"

"Who?"

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

UAB

"Who?"

"Who?"

"What? The quitters came back?"

"Who?"

"Aren"t they the Flamers or something?"

"Who?"

They were really talented when they killed the program.  I have a feeling they won't take very long at all to pick back up.  

The most notable quotes IMO, and some are giving no effs....

“The Butch Davis thing sounds good and everybody’s fired up, but it’s still FIU.”

"When we played there, the stadium was loud, it was packed, kind of unusual for Conference USA.” ODU

“They just didn’t have very much playmaking and speed overall, and I don’t see that getting much better." Rice

“I don’t have any doubt they’ll get some talented guys, the question is going to be if they can manage the kind of guys they get and not turn it into a circus.” FAU

"They’ll be good, but they did lose a lot of skill.” La Tech

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tmjerm said:

They were really talented when they killed the program.  I have a feeling they won't take very long at all to pick back up.  

It was a dig at the original poster who shotguns posts on this board because the UAB boards are obviously not trafficked enough to keep him busy. Look at the man's post count for crying out loud. We've only been in the same conference for 4 seasons.

Edited by Cr1028

52 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

It was a dig at the original poster who shotguns posts on this board because the UAB boards are obviously not trafficked enough to keep him busy. Look at the man's post count for crying out loud. We've only been in the same conference for 4 seasons.

My bad - Obtuse of me...fire away 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Wait, you think OP is a UAB fan? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

• Harry locked this topic