'18 FS Keelan Crosby (Anna) Committed

GMG24

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

So true.  I'm repeating myself, but La Tech has done really well recruiting  at West-Orange Stark in SE Texas.

Yeah, and La Tech has done really well in snabbing 10+ 3 star kids a year while being a top 5 CUSA program in recruiting and on the field. See that correlation? See how it's not a coincidence? 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

It's another deflection from reality.  So, "he would have multiple P5 offers if only he were playing at (X School) joins":
-"Our coaching staff is so smart for offering him before anyone else"...even though everyone else has seen tape, had him in camps, etc....and declined to offer

The only camp that he has been reported as attending is our's.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

This is a joke, right?  Anna is off 75. 

Also, coaches from all over seem to find player in the sticks of East Texas despite the lack of a major airport and many two-lane country roads.  Anna isn't a difficult find...and certainly not out of the way as many East Texas towns are.

If the number one prospect in America was in bf Alaska, every coach would be on a dogsled mushing his way to the igloo for a visit. 

48 miles to Anna from DFW Aiport, and 15-20 miles out of the way, but if you read my entire post maybe you'd understand the argument I'm making.  Didn't say he was number 1 player in Nation.  If he was that good absolutely he'd have everyone knowing where Anna Tx was.  He may have not camped, he doesn't enough defensive tape to warrant a coach going out of their way to drive to Anna when they can stay within DFW and hit 5-6 schools in the time it'd take to go out of their way. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

48 miles to Anna from DFW Aiport, and 15-20 miles out of the way, but if you read my entire post maybe you'd understand the argument I'm making.  Didn't say he was number 1 player in Nation.  If he was that good absolutely he'd have everyone knowing where Anna Tx was.  He may have not camped, he doesn't enough defensive tape to warrant a coach going out of their way to drive to Anna when they can stay within DFW and hit 5-6 schools in the time it'd take to go out of their way. 

What's the closest airport to:
Arp, TX...population 1,002, home of https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/demarvion-overshown-182700

Goodness gracious!  Look at all those offers from coaches who had no major airport from which begin their journey into the East Texas sticks for a visit to Arp High...a 3A school. 

It's a joke, man.  Coaches know who the best players are.  Anna is far more accessible than most of the East Texas schools that annually feed top players to SEC schools, plus Texas and OU.

This commitment is what it is:  we beat out Illinois State, Sam Houston State, ad Central Arkansas...not Illinois, Houston, and Arkansas, okay?  If we'd beaten even those schools out, it'd be news. 

Best of luck to the kid when he gets here; but, this isn't FBS-ready recruiting.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

1 minute ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

What's the closest airport to:
Arp, TX...population 1,002, home of https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/demarvion-overshown-182700

Goodness gracious!  Look at all those offers from coaches who had no major airport from which begin their journey into the East Texas sticks for a visit to Arp High...a 3A school. 

It's a joke, man.  Coaches know who the best players are.  Anna is far more accessible than most of the East Texas schools that annually feed top players to SEC schools, plus Texas and OU.

This commitment is what it is:  we beat out Illinois State, Sam Houston State, ad Central Arkansas...not Illinois, Houston, and Arkansas, okay?  If we'd beaten even those schools out, it'd be news. 

Best of luck to the kid when he gets here; but, this isn't FBS-ready recruiting.

Ok. Way to compare apples to oranges.   You realize they break Texas up into sections of recruiting... so every big time school sends a recruiter to drive the pinewoods of east Tx.  That doesn't fit your narrative of consistently bashing the staff.  I cant wait until you have to eat crow when these kids turn out to be ballers for us. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yeah, and La Tech has done really well in snabbing 10+ 3 star kids a year while being a top 5 CUSA program in recruiting and on the field. See that correlation? See how it's not a coincidence? 

It's just tiring.  Getting the QB who, at some point, had offers from Colorado State and La Tech was a brief respite from the onslaught of landing FCS/DII guys. 

Like I said before, if they were paying the coaching staff the same as SFA or Sam Houston pays their coaching staff, that would be one thing.  If we were still having to recruit to Fouts, that would also be a thing to overcome. 

It's just disheartening to see it playing out this way.  The only positive you can pull from it now is to know that when this coaching staff goes titsup and is fired for it, we do have the money to offer someone who can get out there are get a recruiting class full of legitimate FBS prospects. 

5 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Ok. Way to compare apples to oranges.   You realize they break Texas up into sections of recruiting... so every big time school sends a recruiter to drive the pinewoods of east Tx.  That doesn't fit your narrative of consistently bashing the staff.  I cant wait until you have to eat crow when these kids turn out to be ballers for us. 

It fits my narrative perfectly - if the kid was a legitimate FBS talent, coaches would have already picked up on it no matter where he is.  Coaching staffs - in theory - recruit to win.  They don't care where the kid is. 

You'd have to get me to believe that other G5 and P5 schools don't have the recruiting budget to send a coach in a car just a few miles up the road from Allen/McKinney, when the same coaching staffs are already crawling all over ever nook and cranny of North and East Texas for players. 

If Anna was worth a visit for any player, they'd be there...grinning ear to ear and selling their well worn bullsh*t to the kid, his parents, and his coaches.  It ain't Bugtussle, Oklahoma. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 7

26 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Another thread derailed, and I would argue that it is not because of people complaining about lack of offer lists, but because of people feeling the need to justify it. If you like the tape, you like the tape. If you like the pickup, you like the pickup. If you trust Littrell, then trust Littrell. 

Congrats to Keelan!

Agreed.
There's a time/place for voicing concerns regarding recruiting.   Player threads are not it.

Welcome aboard Keelan.   We're glad you're coming.  Be ready to work and prove the naysayers wrong.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

On 8/3/2017 at 8:57 PM, BTG_Fan1 said:

I maybe wrong but I thought he said it was a 4A school?

Yes, Anna is a 4A school. Was 2A back when I was still in high school, bumped up to 3A, and then about 2ish years after that moved to 4A due to the addition of the 6A level.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Come on now. I remember in the Coach Dickey days his staff would look at a lot HS players from 2,3, and 4A in the sticks or on main hwy's. When DD told recruits not to mention they were being recruited by UNT, or committed to UNT many on this board were tremendously critical of Coach Dickey for this (Stealth Recruiting) approach.

When SL's staff does the same now everyone is WOW...very smart!! This goes to show there is a ton of talent in the State of TX. Can you imagine if the NCAA hadn't bused up the SWC. It's a shame all the HS talent in the state is so willing to play football outside the state of TX!!!

It's no surprise Coach Dickey in going to A&M as offensive coordinator. I'm confident DD will be a head coach in the near future.

Go Mean Green!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

48 minutes ago, UNTMike81 said:

Come on now. I remember in the Coach Dickey days his staff would look at a lot HS players from 2,3, and 4A in the sticks or on main hwy's. When DD told recruits not to mention they were being recruited by UNT, or committed to UNT many on this board were tremendously critical of Coach Dickey for this (Stealth Recruiting) approach.

When SL's staff does the same now everyone is WOW...very smart!! This goes to show there is a ton of talent in the State of TX. Can you imagine if the NCAA hadn't bused up the SWC. It's a shame all the HS talent in the state is so willing to play football outside the state of TX!!!

It's no surprise Coach Dickey in going to A&M as offensive coordinator. I'm confident DD will be a head coach in the near future.

Go Mean Green!!!

A guy with a committment that was public knowledge on August 3rd wasn't "stealth recruited."

Edited by Monkeypox
  • Upvote 3

Really, That's what you focus on in my post. Point is folks on this board have been critical of UNT recruiting and there thoughts on players talent based on offers and many other subjective criteria. Take a look. This is one of the last players UNT had that went to NFL. Wow...3A Powerhouse. 

Source: Wikipedia

"Brad Kassell attended Llano High School in Llano, Texas and was a letterman in football as a quarterback. In football, as a senior, he rushed for 1431 yards and 20 touchdowns and passed for 839 yards and eight touchdowns, and was named the Class 3A All-West MVP, and won All-State second team honors. Brad Kassell graduated from Llano High School in 1998."

Look at this. Mr. Kassell wasn't a QB in the NFL. Imagine that.

• Upvote 2

I focused on the little bit of coherence that was there. It's not my fault the only part of your posts that seem to make sense are factually incorrect. 

Keelan Crosby doesn't have anything to do with DD's recruiting during the infancy of the internet. 

If you have an issue with recruiting rankings, take it up with the hundreds of coaches making the scholarship offers upon which these rankings are based. 

• Upvote 1