Next Recruit Speculation

50 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Hey @Ben Gooding

stunner2.gif

#GMG

Can someone please put Bens name or profile pic on the guy in black and this become the Trump/CNN gif of GMG.com

2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Who gives a crap about rankings. The averages are bias. Just take these two players for example

http://247sports.com/Player/Lorenzo-Dantzler-72551?PlayerInstitution=202939

Rated an 83 and 3 star. UTSA highest ranked recruit. Just one offer UTSA.

http://247sports.com/player/vada-king-53439

Rated a 77 and a 2 star. Our 7th highest ranked recruit. Has multiple D1 offers including stAte and us. 

This just popped into my head, and I have no idea.. but it has been brought up on here that most/likely all of us are not members of 24/7. Could it be that UTSA has a solid # of users and this leads to UTSA getting a more favorable rating boost than kids that come to UNT because of the lack of users from UNT? 

Hopefully this makes sense

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Who gives a crap about rankings. The averages are bias. Just take these two players for example

Rated a 77 and a 2 star. Our 7th highest ranked recruit. Has multiple D1 offers including stAte and us. 

Dantzler at one time had offers from Memphis , Southern Miss, La Tech & more  recently picked up offers from Tulane , Troy , FAU & Colorado 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

This just popped into my head, and I have no idea.. but it has been brought up on here that most/likely all of us are not members of 24/7. Could it be that UTSA has a solid # of users and this leads to UTSA getting a more favorable rating boost than kids that come to UNT because of the lack of users from UNT? 

In a way, yes.

First thing to remember is that all these recruiting sites are highly inaccurate with offers ( either listing or not listing ) , ranking , stars , etc...  they are pretty lazy with kids who aren't 4 or 5 star recruits.. take rivals for example, we for a very brief time had a team page with a paid person who would report with inside info on the program... that didn't last because no one subscribed.. Long story short, they will focus more attention on those recruits who are being recruited with programs who have the most paid subscribers. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

giphy (2).gif

That's enough? Because you were wrong? Imagine that. 

7 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Can someone please put Bens name or profile pic on the guy in black and this become the Trump/CNN gif of GMG.com

Sure. This just means that they look a smidgen closer at the recruits that utsa offers. We offer many of the same kids. Only if we were able to beat them straight up. 

Fun fact - 10/12 of La Techs commits are 3*. 

• Downvote 2

10 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

This wasn't pushing an agenda? It was a half truth that I am sure you were fully aware of in an attempt to discredit the system that is bottomless in historical correlation. But no agenda? 

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

This wasn't pushing an agenda? It was a half truth that I am sure you were fully aware of in an attempt to discredit the system that is bottomless in historical correlation. But no agenda? 

You right I do have agenda. To prove to the many gmg.com visitors that the sky is indeed not falling like you like to convey. And this coaching staff and AD department isn't the same ole UNT. 

I'll admit I got that recruit information straight from 247. Which proves that Recruiting sights can't be trusted for Recruiting accuracy. His 83 rankings came from rivals site that is ran by a fan. No different than many on this board. 

Edited by TheReal_jayD
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

No, no, no. What SL did on the field was very good at times, especially when we peel the onion back. I've never disputed that. But recruiting is monumentally important. And when you do it with minimal success, it USUALLY carries over to the playing surface. And, of course, vice versa. 

But, what's funny, to your own comment...SL is recruiting at or below Dan McCarney's FCS roster. 

What are your qualifications for evaluating football talent?  Just really curious, because you appear to know much more about it than SL and staff who's lively hood relies on their success.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

What are your qualifications for evaluating football talent?  Just really curious, because you appear to know much more about it than SL and staff who's lively hood relies on their success.

If you think he is good at evaluating football talent, he is even better at the recruiting pitch...

He and others could sale UNT from the bottom of C-USA to challenge schools like UH, and others

43 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

If you think he is good at evaluating football talent, he is even better at the recruiting pitch...

He and others could sale UNT from the bottom of C-USA to challenge schools like UH, and others

First of all, it is "sell" not "sale."  I see this error too often.

And most importantly, stop engaging with Ben Gooding. Your quoting of him ruins my ignore feature (and the entire GMG board).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4