Important Article on College Basketball transfers

Interesting numbers. Not sure I like that C-USA is on top of that list. This much lack of roster stability can not possibly be helpful toward building a succesful conference.

I wonder what the reason is that C-USA is so far ahead. C-USA has more teams than most conferences, but by itself that cannot explain the size of the gap to all the other conferences.

Edited by outoftown

Interesting numbers, but I disagree with one statement that transfers leaving to go to better schools is a myth.   It is not near as common, but it is a growing practice particularly under the graduate transfer rules.  

I have never figured why basketball teams with all this turnover don't trigger sanctions under the APR calculation by the NCAA.  There must be a loophole there somewhere, as some schools consistently turnover a lot of their not senior roster annually.  

Most basketball transfers are indeed to lower rated teams.  Generally it benefits both teams with the upper level school wanting to get rid of players to free up scholarship for better players.The lower level team hopes they get players better than they can recruit out of jucos or high schools.   Only the players that don't want to transfer are hurt.

I really don't know why CUSA has a higher level of transfers than other conferences, other than there are several programs that really churn their rosters.  If a player doesn't significantly contribute, he will be gone the next year.  It maybe that conference transfer rules are more lacks than other leagues.