Alumni Association putting on Family's night for Alumni

GMG24

Well,  thanks. So glad you posted this, BUT one slight correction...the UNT ALUMNI ASSOCIATION is hosting and has created this event...not the AD.  This is the Denton County Alumni Association's Chapter summer event.  Just like the RoughRider's Game was the Frisco Chapter's event, the Ft. Worth Zoo is the Tarrant County Chapter's event and the Frontier's of Flight Museum this Saturday is the Dallas County Chapter's summer event.

While all Alumni members are welcomed at all of these events, they are sponsored by the various chapters and hosted by them AND the UNT Alumni Association.  Make no mistake, the Athletic Department has stepped up and is being a great partner to the Denton Chapter in hosting this event, but it is an Alumni Association event...not the AD's event.

These summer Alumni events have been organized and planned as family events so our families can bring their kids out and enjoy a fun evening with fellow alums.  Everyone is welcome to these events...singles, families, seniors, couples, etc.  So, register and come enjoy the fun evening.  Lots to do...lot's of fun to be had.  Unfortunately for me, I will be out of state for this one. Boo!  But, if you are attending the Frontiers of Flight event tomorrow (Saturday, July  29th, I'll see you there!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

On 7/28/2017 at 0:18 PM, KRAM1 said:

Well,  thanks. So glad you posted this, BUT one slight correction...the UNT ALUMNI ASSOCIATION is hosting and has created this event...not the AD.  This is the Denton County Alumni Association's Chapter summer event.  Just like the RoughRider's Game was the Frisco Chapter's event, the Ft. Worth Zoo is the Tarrant County Chapter's event and the Frontier's of Flight Museum this Saturday is the Dallas County Chapter's summer event.

While all Alumni members are welcomed at all of these events, they are sponsored by the various chapters and hosted by them AND the UNT Alumni Association.  Make no mistake, the Athletic Department has stepped up and is being a great partner to the Denton Chapter in hosting this event, but it is an Alumni Association event...not the AD's event.

These summer Alumni events have been organized and planned as family events so our families can bring their kids out and enjoy a fun evening with fellow alums.  Everyone is welcome to these events...singles, families, seniors, couples, etc.  So, register and come enjoy the fun evening.  Lots to do...lot's of fun to be had.  Unfortunately for me, I will be out of state for this one. Boo!  But, if you are attending the Frontiers of Flight event tomorrow (Saturday, July  29th, I'll see you there!

Well,  thanks. So glad you posted this correction, BUT one slight correction to your correction...the COLLIN COUNTY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION'S CHAPTER hosted the RoughRiders Game event...not the fictitious "Frisco Chapter".

;-)

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2017 at 5:18 PM, UNT 90 Grad said:

Well,  thanks. So glad you posted this correction, BUT one slight correction to your correction...the COLLIN COUNTY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION'S CHAPTER hosted the RoughRiders Game event...not the fictitious "Frisco Chapter".

;-)

😂😂😂.  But, doesn't everyone in Collin County now live in Frisco? 😂😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

On 7/28/2017 at 8:31 PM, NT91 said:

50 people at this event?

Well, if so, it will be 50 people who want to be there.  This is sort of like the old "Kickoff Cookouts" we used to have, but with more family friendly set ups. Definitely could be a tad warm, but it is Texas, it is summer...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

No it's not.  We actually "Cooked Out" and hosted it on a day that people who don't live in Denton could actually attend.

Rick

Yes...understand that, but I was referring more to the "cookouts" held after the athletic dept sort of took it over.  Understand the "original" started differently with you guys.

And, by the way...the event you refer to is a Denton County Alumni Chapter event. And, while it is open to all, the focus is on Denton County Chapter members. Thus, local Denton County members.

Tarrant County has an event at the FW Zoo, Dallas held one at the Frontiers of Flight Museum and Collin County held an event at The Frisco Roughriders game.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

• 2 weeks later...