New Site Software Update

Harry

In anticipation of the coming 2017 season, we have just performed a new software update on the GoMeanGreen site.

There are a number on improvements which are being offered on this update that we are excited about.  As always with implementing new features, there will likely be some issues that arise and we ask that you bear with us as we address these fixes in the coming weeks.  Please note that as part of the update, some of the search indexing features are being repopulated and this will take a few days to complete. 

In the past I have done a full download of all of the new features, however this time as we are still figuring everything out ourselves, I want to share everything in a piecemeal fashion and answer questions etc accordingly.

For now, as we evaluate the updates, and which ones are the most useful, I wanted to share one item that you will notice and can begin using right away.  "Reactions" is a component of the software which allows you to use new reactions to posts.  This is above and beyond the typical +/- system we have used for many years.  I thought this would be something we try and see how it works out.  Feel free to share your thoughts and feedback on this and we will adjust accordingly after a period of evaluation.  So, you can still do a +/- as before, but you can also now do  the following:

react_like.png

Positive (+1)

react_thanks.png

Thanks Enabled

Positive (+1)
react_haha.png

Haha Enabled

Positive (+1)

react_confused.png

Confused Enabled

Neutral

react_sad.png

Sad Enabled

Neutral
react_up.png

Upvote Enabled

Positive (+1)

react_down.png

Downvote Enabled

Negative (-1)

• Harry pinned this topic

I like that the different votes are separated. Gives everyone an idea just how positive or negative someone's post really is or at least how many people felt to react to someone's post.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

• Harry unpinned this topic