Little Briles To FAU

DeepGreen

Our second string corners better be ready, listened to these guys talk.  They had 5/6 WR lined up they'd run a go route on their sideline then step off field new WR on, every time first 3 quarters make your corners chase 5/6 different dudes running full speed.  4th quarter roles around and they're making you look like you're standing still. Super simple in their calls, they don't even letter their WR @Aldo @Aldo Avina never know which one to tag.  You'll enjoy this.  They call them Left Wr Left Inside Right Inside Right WR CRAZY.  they'll have 50-60 different formations same 8-10 plays and they run them in 8-12 seconds of ball being spotted.

Edited by GMG24

10 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Our second string corners better be ready, listened to these guys talk.  They had 5/6 WR lined up they'd run a go route on their sideline then step off field new WR on, every time first 3 quarters make your corners chase 5/6 different dudes running full speed.  4th quarter roles around and they're making you look like you're standing still. Super simple in their calls, they don't even letter their WR @Aldo @Aldo Avina never know which one to tag.  You'll enjoy this.  They call them Left Wr Left Inside Right Inside Right WR CRAZY.  they'll have 50-60 different formations same 8-10 plays and they run them in 8-12 seconds of ball being spotted.

Meh I'm not terribly concerned, unless they line up 6 WRs. Briles' scoring dropped by a ton between year 1 and year 2.

They don't have Baylor speed and we are built against this kind of offense. FAU should see a bump in scoring and production, but they're still one of the worst defenses in the country.

(Also the long name is my old handle that I couldn't bring over into the new website)

11 hours ago, GMG24 said:

They may not have Baylor type speed now but they will very soon. Lil Briles will find them and they will come looking knowing the style of play he known for.  And yes, they do run WRs in relays. DBs are dead tired halfway through the game.  Another thing is that Lil Briles loves to run the ball too.  Remember BU ran for 600 plus yards vs Duke (?) in a bowl game.   

I have run the down marker at Baylor home games for the past four years. I've watched the opponents HC and DC scream at each other trying to figure out how to slow BU down.  Stoops just shook his head.  Holgorson had his players intentionally stand on the chains and move out to where the chains are moved after first downs trying to slow us down in getting set. He then cussed us because we went out to the numbers to get around his players. Said Briles was paying us good.   Problem with that is that the officials don't wait for us.  Other teams go fast too but not like BU did under Briles.   Being an Aggie I am no BU fan but Lil Briles and his offense is no joke.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, GMG24 said:

This is where I think the 3-3-5 stack can help us, especially if Young/Hambone can get pressure on the QB.    We have some nice DBs, and Seth has a smart enough offensive mind that he can understand lil' Briles' system & what defense is effective for it.    After all, he was the one who came up with the defense for the Army game that forced 7 TOs and shut their bread&butter run (the FB dive) down.

5 hours ago, DT 90 said:

They may not have Baylor type speed now but they will very soon. Lil Briles will find them and they will come looking knowing the style of play he known for.  And yes, they do run WRs in relays. DBs are dead tired halfway through the game.  Another thing is that Lil Briles loves to run the ball too.  Remember BU ran for 600 plus yards vs Duke (?) in a bowl game.   

I have run the down marker at Baylor home games for the past four years. I've watched the opponents HC and DC scream at each other trying to figure out how to slow BU down.  Stoops just shook his head.  Holgorson had his players intentionally stand on the chains and move out to where the chains are moved after first downs trying to slow us down in getting set. He then cussed us because we went out to the numbers to get around his players. Said Briles was paying us good.   Problem with that is that the officials don't wait for us.  Other teams go fast too but not like BU did under Briles.   Being an Aggie I am no BU fan but Lil Briles and his offense is no joke.

Should be a nice change of pace for you with Rhule and his pro style offense ;)

• Upvote 1