'19 SF Bryce Okpoh (The Colony)

GMG24

• 8 months later...

Update, he may come to the game next week with me.  Depending on what day we play at home.  No, this isn't a recruiting violation because we have a previous relationship. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, diehardUNTfan said:

He would get playing time. 

That's the thing, he's going to have to better shooting the ball from 18 feet and in.  His FTs will need work as well.  But athletically kid is pretty gifted. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

That's the thing, he's going to have to better shooting the ball from 18 feet and in.  His FTs will need work as well.  But athletically kid is pretty gifted. 

He has the stroke, I'm not worried about him being a good shooter from mid-range, outside, or the free-throw line. I think he'll be solid from each level. Plus his ability to get to the basket and absorb contact would be a huge dynamic he brings, as he will likely be surrounded by some really good shooters and have the opportunity to attack the rim often. He's up there with Jalen Jackson's teammate Kevin Mccullar as my top two wants for 2019. 

If he came here he'd probably mainly play the 3 but likely play some 4 as well during his time in Denton. I think every player 6'6" and up who ever plays for Mccasland here will spend at least some time at the 4. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

He has the stroke, I'm not worried about him being a good shooter from mid-range, outside, or the free-throw line. I think he'll be solid from each level. Plus his ability to get to the basket and absorb contact would be a huge dynamic he brings, as he will likely be surrounded by some really good shooters and have the opportunity to attack the rim often. He's up there with Jalen Jackson's teammate Kevin Mccullar as my top two wants for 2019. 

If he came here he'd probably mainly play the 3 but likely play some 4 as well during his time in Denton. I think every player 6'6" and up who ever plays for Mccasland here will spend at least some time at the 4. 

He is pretty smooth when he can catch and shoot, and off of the bounce (not creating for himself) more shot fake and get some separation.  He has shot at about a 60% clip from the FT line ever since I had him as a 7th grader.  His FT is fixable he finished around the 70% mark for me by the end of his MS "career."  His bounce off the court is ridiculous.  I've never see him be out jumped, after he and another defender has jumped for a shot or rebound and their was a 2nd jump immediately followed.  He is explosive to the ball on rebounds and runs well for his size.  Oh and he loves to get down and guard.  He will GREATLY benefit from our/another college weight program he has minimal weight room experience.  He text me back and we are going to go to the game Wednesday, hoping for a really good crowd turnout so he can see UNT supporting their bball team.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 3/23/2018 at 8:25 AM, GMG24 said:

Update, he may come to the game next week with me.  Depending on what day we play at home.  No, this isn't a recruiting violation because we have a previous relationship. 

Was he able to make any games? Tonight game would have been a great sell! 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Was he able to make any games? Tonight game would have been a great sell! 

No his "Peach Jam" team called a practice Wednesday and Friday so he was unable to attend. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Well hopefully he can catch the replays on ESPN U. UNT basketball is looking up.

I recorded it, trying to get him and some others to come hang out this summer, and we will rewatch it

• Lovely Take 2

2 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

I recorded it, trying to get him and some others to come hang out this summer, and we will rewatch it

Better that Guyer Shaka Smart and Roy Williams have stopped by and everybody suddenly falls in love with those teams. It’s time local schools support the local universities. That includes UTA as well. The top players from the area should call UNT home. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1