DRC: UNT picked to finish 4th in C-USA West Division

Brett Vito

10 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Calm down.  S happens in games.  

Yah, he just had 3 kids who left his program who were team/ sec leaders in tackles, leading tackler at WKU, and a RB who damn near out rushed Zeke Elliott behind a much less skilled OL in Indiana.  You're right, UAB will be a door mat for us they won't have any dudes who can play.   

Ole Miss now in running for a HC

Thanks, I already understand that you will be among those to excuse a loss to UAB as if it were something natural and expected.

And, yes, Bill Clark would be a good get for Ole Miss...just, check his phone records first!

3 hours ago, NM Green said:

Have standards friends.  Have standards. Nowhere in my book of standards does it say we need to be begging to beat Lamar and uab.  Most of you all have even conceded smu.  Thank goodness I saw us under different times when we went to Austin Norman and Lubbock expecting to win.  Yes Littrell you must beat utsa this year.  Get'em up get'em out, beat'em back to San Antonio. Go Mean Green!!!!!

And, as a I-AA school, no less.  I don't think any of us were ever worried about Corky Nelson having a team ready back in the day. 

I'll add this about standards, if we leave September with a 2-3 record, with the only wins against FCS Lamar and re-start UAB, we'll go into the bye week the first week of October not really knowing what this team is about. 

28 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

So we have 5 scholarships still available?  Wonder if we are holding any for players that maybe coming here.

Long story.   In short, "yes, but no"... unless those extra 5 are walk-ons who have been here for at least 2 years being awarded like what they did with Shanbour earlier this year.

• Upvote 1

I think its really easy to overhype any team, including UAB. There is very little difference between many of the top teams and the bottom -- MTSU was great until their QB got knocked out then looked lost. Southern Miss had a bad loss every two games or so last season. Marshall imploded. WKU and La Tech were the only wire-to-wire finshers and even they couldn't stop anyone consistently. 

UAB will not be the typical start-up program, but I do not want to give them too much benefit of the doubt. 

North Texas would not have gone to a bowl in any other conference aside from the Sun Belt, but the good news is that we are still in the same conference. 

• Upvote 1