Beyond the Green?

49 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Actually had a chance to get some info on this on Saturday.  Funding is the current issue and Wren is debating whether to kick in the funds to cover the difference.  There has been some talk of taking it online...but I believe this completely negates what makes Beyond The Green special.  If it's online then you have to WANT to seek it out...as long as it is televised we still have people who can "happen upon" the show. 

Might not hurt to drop "The Wren" a note to let him know how much we value the show and the ways it keeps us connected to the program...especially during the long months of the off-season

IOW, the ratings probably sucked and WB doesn't want to kick an unfruitful can down the road with him. 

That is in no way my opinion of the show. I enjoyed it, but I was an online watcher of it. Airing times didn't jive with my schedule. But if we ever get good, the ratings would or would have inevitably improved. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Do recorded episodes help with ratings?  If so, everyone should DVR it to drive ratings.  Great show and a great window in to the program and university.  In all honesty, it is the best university program on the air.  We have to find a way to alert everyone to the show and help drive the ratings.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Do recorded episodes help with ratings?  If so, everyone should DVR it to drive ratings.  Great show and a great window in to the program and university.  In all honesty, it is the best university program on the air.  We have to find a way to alert everyone to the show and help drive the ratings.

DVR views of programs count, but only if it is actually viewed within a period of time after (1 week I believe). So just recording it doesn't help, one must actually watch.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

DVR views of programs count, but only if it is actually viewed within a period of time after (1 week I believe). So just recording it doesn't help, one must actually watch.

Thanks.  I was curious about how that worked.  I always DVR the program and watch it as soon as I get home and then save them all for the off season.

• Upvote 1

Honestly it needs to come back. Its 30 minutes that is pro- and all UNT. Let's the fans see the behind the scenes and develop s bond with these players as well.

Also, it would likely help as well UNT marketing it as well. The Athletic Department doesn't have many followers on tweet that are seeking/ looking at the page every day. Heck, most student don't even know about. 

Campus-wide emails to all students, and MGC members on Tuesday or Wednesday evening to remind everyone, not just a tweet on Friday about a YouTube link.