DRC: An Incredible Future: Baker vows good times ahead...

UNTLifer

Really excited to see and participate in the changes taking place.

The workout and training facilities are very substandard when you consider all sports sharing them on different schedules.

I would hope that Football could have their own facility or space that is opened extended hours.

I am also looking forward to the scoreboard being moved. This was one of the few design mistakes.

GMG

• Upvote 1

"I'm absolutely committed to us adding baseball, but it is important for us to shore up areas where we are falling short of providing a championship-level experience and tools for our coaches and student-athletes. It's important for us to address those areas before we go out and start expanding in other areas."

Translation:  Not gonna happen in my lifetime

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

I have yet to meet Mr. Baker, but after reading that article, I believe he is certainly a very smart and calculating AD, and we are fortunate to have him. In relation to the facts of the article, I agree with every decision he has made, except for keeping Benford. I will go to my grave believing he never should have returned for his 5th season.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

That's the first time I've seen any attempt to put a dollar estimate on the Learfield deal.  That's better than I would have thought.

Baker estimated the same amount when the contract was first announced.

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2017 at 9:25 AM, Wag Tag said:

Really excited to see and participate in the changes taking place.

The workout and training facilities are very substandard when you consider all sports sharing them on different schedules.

I would hope that Football could have their own facility or space that is opened extended hours.

I am also looking forward to the scoreboard being moved. This was one of the few design mistakes.

GMG

Scoreboard being moved? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cdizzle86 said:

Scoreboard being moved? 

The plan I saw it was going to be moved....They were talking about going to four corners of the stadium, this was months ago. They want to open the views but also make the deck more usable for games and events.

3 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

The plan I saw it was going to be moved....They were talking about going to four corners of the stadium, this was months ago. They want to open the views but also make the deck more usable for games and events.

They need to move more than just the scoreboard then if they want to use the deck. There are also advertising panels that obstruct sightlines from the end-zone deck.

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

Interesting. Is there even enough room in the corners? There's a small video board in one corner now, but may look out of place if it was any bigger. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

Wasn't a scrolling digital ribbon supposed to be installed as well?

The conduit is there but without a second level on the east sideline, it would look odd to have a ribbon on the west sideline only.

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

It seems that raising the jumbotron might be a possibility.

8 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

Wasn't a scrolling digital ribbon supposed to be installed as well?

Those things are annoying.  Personally, I would rather we didn't.

• Upvote 3