Class Ring - What to get?

Greetings Mean Green family! I am graduating in the Spring and will be ordering my class ring soon. I wanted your thoughts on what to get. 

- Gold or silver finish?

- Antiqued or natural?

- Get the green stone on top?

- Is there a style ring considered "the standard"?

I'd love to see what you guys have yourself even.  I plan on ordering it in the next few weeks but wanted to ask here. Thanks!

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, MrStrange18 said:

Anyone have pictures of theirs to share? I'd love to see em. 

Appreciate all the feedback so far!

GMG!

Whatever ring you get...make sure you attend the Alumni Association's Ring Ceremony.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Does anyone know of you can get a ring after the fact? Couldn't afford on 7 years ago. Anyone know how to go about that process?

You definitely can.  I believe if you contact the Alumni Association, they can help you figure out the process.  They might refer you to the Josten's representative.  I know Josten's keeps molds for past year's rings just for this very purpose and if someone might lose their rind and wish a new one.  Can definitely be done!

• Lovely Take 1

7 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Does anyone know of you can get a ring after the fact? Couldn't afford on 7 years ago. Anyone know how to go about that process?

From what I see, yes.  Just go here:

http://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productBrowse/1078444/University-of-North-Texas/Official-Rings/colringsub_1078444_officialcial/CATALOG_COLLEGE/

You can order your ring there. 

10 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I really wish UNT would go with one standard look for the class rings. I've always hated how there's like 20 design combinations.

I got gold, natural, and star on top with the green gem in the middle. 

That is the exact ring I am wanting to get I think.  Could you post a picture of it here?  You cant get a good feel for how it will look from the Jostens website.

7 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

You definitely can.  I believe if you contact the Alumni Association, they can help you figure out the process.  They might refer you to the Josten's representative.  I know Josten's keeps molds for past year's rings just for this very purpose and if someone might lose their rind and wish a new one.  Can definitely be done!

13 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

From what I see, yes.  Just go here:

http://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productBrowse/1078444/University-of-North-Texas/Official-Rings/colringsub_1078444_officialcial/CATALOG_COLLEGE/

You can order your ring there. 

That is the exact ring I am wanting to get I think.  Could you post a picture of it here?  You cant get a good feel for how it will look from the Jostens website.

Thank you both, i will take a look!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

21 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Couldn't figure out how to get a picture of mine on here but this one looks exactly like mine:

Class-ring_print.jpg

That is mine exactly. I lost my original ring from 1995 and was able to have it replaced with the same style. Fortunately, I had it insured. The original cost was $500 and change, but the replacement cost was over $1200.00

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Guest MeanTroubadour321
On 12/1/2017 at 10:03 PM, MrStrange18 said:

Well folks... it came in yesterday! My UNT ring! Here it is!

GMG!!

IMG_7644.JPG

Is that a 10 point or 20 point Shamrock Spinal?

A quick Josten's story:

Several years ago I found a smashed up mangled ring on the side of the road. It was gold, had dark red dust where the stone should sit, and Lew could barely be read on one side. It looked like a large gold nugget attached to a twisted tie clasp

Goofing around with it, I pried it open and there was a girls name and graduation year marked.

I brought the ring to a counselor at Lewisville High and she said they'd get the ring to the owner who was a senior at that time.

About two weeks later I received a follow-up email from LISD. The young lady was thrilled. She had lost her beloved ring months earlier at nearby tennis courts and her parents had refused to buy her a replacement as a costly 'teaching moment'.

Anyway, she contacted Jostens and they happily exchanged the mangled crumpled ring for for a brand new replacement ring, totally free of charge to the young lady and her family.

Kudos to Jostens, good people.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 3