'18 DE/OLB Trumane L Bell II - Lake Highlands, Dallas

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tyler Maryak said:

Is the fact that our offer is his pinned tweet a good sign, or has he just been pinning whichever is his most recent offer?

It is the most recent, but I also believe we are the biggest school to offer him..

Just going to say as well from Vito's post.. Bell is looking to play early.. If he is a DL that may not happen, but if it is as a OLB then he could likely play early.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

It is the most recent, but I also believe we are the biggest school to offer him..

Just going to say as well from Vito's post.. Bell is looking to play early.. If he is a DL that may not happen, but if it is as a OLB then he could likely play early.

Given his size, likely a jack linebacker like Josh Wheeler. Maybe a 5-tech but he's probably better suited to play jack.

Also, these are the kind of kids we should feast on. 6 other FBS offers, all from schools that we absolutely should be beating out in recruiting battles for local kids.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

Given his size, likely a jack linebacker like Josh Wheeler. Maybe a 5-tech but he's probably better suited to play jack.

Also, these are the kind of kids we should feast on. 6 other FBS offers, all from schools that we absolutely should be beating out in recruiting battles for local kids.

Its good to see Yellock and Kootz on this and thats what I figured because we currently don't have anyone in the pipeline to replace them off the top of my head..

Agreed about the list that it is a list of schools we should beat, only problem is he listed of LAT among other P5s he would like to go too... Hopefully we can still get him, would be a nice talent to add.

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Its good to see Yellock and Kootz on this and thats what I figured because we currently don't have anyone in the pipeline to replace them off the top of my head..

Agreed about the list that it is a list of schools we should beat, only problem is he listed of LAT among other P5s he would like to go too... Hopefully we can still get him, would be a nice talent to add.

Offers are done going out for the most part across the country. Offers for seniors will go out sparingly over the fall for late bloomer types, then will pick back up in December and January but that's a more select crowd as well. 

8 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Offers are done going out for the most part across the country. Offers for seniors will go out sparingly over the fall for late bloomer types, then will pick back up in December and January but that's a more select crowd as well. 

Thats good to hear, hopefully he can stay under the radar and enjoys his time in denton. 

4 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Billy, I'm hearing with early signing period we could see some more offers during season than normal, no one is really sure what this will do to the Norma, schedule. 

4 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Billy, I'm hearing with early signing period we could see some more offers during season than normal, no one is really sure what this will do to the Norma, schedule. 

How do you think this will affect recruiting (We may need a new thread)? But will it lead to more kids taken bigger schools offers quicker and more kids fall through the cracks or more kids waiting?

http://www.athleticbusiness.com/college/saban-sounds-alarm-on-talk-of-earlier-signing-day.html

Interesting article with quotes from Nick Saban.  I think if they keep the early signing period in December, this would not be a concern, but if they move to something the Big XII Commissioner is talking about, or a signing date before the season then there could be some issues.

@BillySee58, you are probably right.  We  should start a new thread.

Edited by UNTLifer

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

They're trolling us, wait till the kids on our campus to offer? Hope we beat them by 28 this year 

Don't sweat about a utsa offer. They've only been playing football for 6 years, have piss poor facilities, and an education level equivalent to your local community college. 

Oh...wait. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

6 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Don't sweat about a utsa offer. They've only been playing football for 6 years, have piss poor facilities, and an education level equivalent to your local community college. 

Oh...wait. 

I don't know what the "Oh...wait" was all about, everything you said was true

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

I will give Wilson his credit he is doing good things. However I still find it hard to believe things are not happening in San Antonio that are not on the up and up. Jealous, no, just seems like the rise of Baylor in a way. Not saying that UTSA has the scumbags that Baylor has had but  something changed awfully quick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1