DCTF Top 50 Impact Players - #6 Mason Fine

I think it's a valid pick.  Fine exceeded our expectation by a mile.  He played well but will be much improved this season.

I do question why the staff would go in so green behind him though.  Seems like they are taking a pretty big risk by not bringing in a transfer or juco as highlighted in this article. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think it's a valid pick.  Fine exceeded our expectation by a mile.  He played well but will be much improved this season.

Will he though? That's the true question. I'd be curious to see if those who watch spring/fall practices regularly will be able to say "Oh wow, he's miles ahead of where he was last year!"

If not, then we're in for a long season. Lamar might be more telling than we think. Sure we will probably beat them by 20+ but I wouldn't be surprised to see him struggle

Doesn't seem that controversial to me.  They aren't saying he is the #6th most talented player in Texas.  They aren't even saying he is the 6th most talented player on this team.  They are saying he is the 6th most important player to his team in Texas.  I have to agree with that.  

This team will go where the QB position takes it.  I expect the OL to be better, and the defense to be quite a bit better.  We already know we have talent at RB.

If Fine comes in and is just an average CUSA QB we will probably be a bowl contender.  If he can explode and have a 2-1 TD/INT ratio we will challenge for the CUSA West.  If he struggles it's gonna be a tough year.  

5 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Doesn't seem that controversial to me.  They aren't saying he is the #6th most talented player in Texas.  They aren't even saying he is the 6th most talented player on this team.  They are saying he is the 6th most important player to his team in Texas.  I have to agree with that.  

This team will go where the QB position takes it.  I expect the OL to be better, and the defense to be quite a bit better.  We already know we have talent at RB.

If Fine comes in and is just an average CUSA QB we will probably be a bowl contender.  If he can explode and have a 2-1 TD/INT ratio we will challenge for the CUSA West.  If he struggles it's gonna be a tough year.  

exactly

Fine did well last year considering he was coming from a small school in OK to D1/FBS football.  The young man was fearless and exhibited great leadership all year.  Maturity and growing physically will do wonders for him.  He will prove a lot people wrong this year.

• Upvote 2