Anybody going to Iowa?

meanrob

2 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Don't do it people.... he will embarrass you by falling over while launching himself into the air to watch a play ala FIU-NT 2011 Style

You're still scarred from our Houston trip.  At least you got to experience James Comey Island and draft beers in the stadia you ungrateful basterd. Yes we laid down in the game but there were positive aspects.

My wife and I will attend.  Hoping the Mean Green will be much more competitive than the trip to Kinnick Stadium in 2015. Can't decide if I root for Iowa which is our alma mater or the Mean Green where our son played.  A win for the Mean Green might be the biggest win of all time for the program while it would be devastating for the Hawkeyes. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Green59 said:

My wife and I will attend.  Hoping the Mean Green will be much more competitive than the trip to Kinnick Stadium in 2015. Can't decide if I root for Iowa which is our alma mater or the Mean Green where our son played.  A win for the Mean Green might be the biggest win of all time for the program while it would be devastating for the Hawkeyes. 

Good to hear from you.  Hope you all are doing well.

45 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

truth. Remember FIU saying they had like 20,000 plus at that game. And watching George and Hank broadcast from on top of the tiny Press Box with a tarp covering them in the rain

IMG_0243.JPG

They had good concession food and one helluva WR. Everything else about that game experience was pretty meh. 

We are looking forward to the trip to Iowa.  Just a word of caution...may want to take it easy at the tailgate if you get your seats through UNT.  Our section at Iowa is the WORST.  I remember someone taking a tumble, last time.  Luckily only rolled a few rows.  It was a 2 pm start time in 2015, as well.  We were in the shade by half time.  A couple that had season tickets right behind our team came up near our area to get out of the heat.  They gave us their tickets, so that we could spend the second half behind the team.  We were in the sun, and surrounded by natives, but we didn't care.  Thinking about shopping for tickets this year! (Unless of course, they moved us to a better spot???)

DSC_0047.jpg

Edited by 4MYMGE
  • Upvote 2

As with SMU there is NO Prayer of even being competitive in either game. We will take a huge whipping on national tv (ESPN2) . At least SMU is not on tv but the DMNS will make sure that our lack of ability to compete is well known to the entire metroplex. Embarrassment in return for a paycheck at IOWA

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 14

6 minutes ago, DallasGreen said:

As with SMU there is NO Prayer of even being competitive in either game. We will take a huge whipping on national tv (ESPN2) . At least SMU is not on tv but the DMNS will make sure that our lack of ability to compete is well known to the entire metroplex. Embarrassment in return for a paycheck at IOWA

don't be so sure......I think we will be better than people think.....of course, I just drank some green Kool-Aid......Iowa lost a lot, and this could be the right game at the right time....

• Upvote 3

It might classify ,if we beat Iowa, as the biggest win in 15 years.....biggest is beating a ranked Tenn. in front of their sold out Stadium in 78 (wasn't it)....SMU is beatable but acknowledge DMN is not a friend of NT.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, DallasGreen said:

Love  your enthusiasm.  Why even play the games?

• Upvote 2

VISITING FANS SECTION

Visiting fans receive excellent seats (compared to where most venues throw the visitors). Generally, visitors receive the corner sidelines rows 1-70.  They also receive the first few rows directly behind their bench.  Also, there are scattered Iowa Season Ticket Holders in those sections and rows, too.  Here is an approximate location for the visiting allotment:

Section 110:  Rows 1-70

Section 109:  Rows 1-10

Section 108:  Rows 1-10

Section 104:  Rows 1-5

Section 103:  Rows 1-10

Section 102:  Rows 1-10

Section 101:  Rows 1-70

North Bleachers:  Rows A,B,C,D,E

IMG_0325.PNG

On 7/10/2017 at 0:41 PM, 4MYMGE said:

We are looking forward to the trip to Iowa.  Just a word of caution...may want to take it easy at the tailgate if you get your seats through UNT.  Our section at Iowa is the WORST.  I remember someone taking a tumble, last time.  Luckily only rolled a few rows.  It was a 2 pm start time in 2015, as well.  We were in the shade by half time.  A couple that had season tickets right behind our team came up near our area to get out of the heat.  They gave us their tickets, so that we could spend the second half behind the team.  We were in the sun, and surrounded by natives, but we didn't care.  Thinking about shopping for tickets this year! (Unless of course, they moved us to a better spot???)

DSC_0047.jpg

I sat in those bad seats two years ago.  This time I bought much better seats from Stub Hub.