Season ticket number per CUSAabbs twitter

GMG24

32 minutes ago, @UNTSportsFan said:

FWIW

We need to get the University of Texas to force us to close down our football program, so our alumni base can become indignant and rally 'round the UNT flag.

Honestly, that whole fiasco may turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to UAB.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

We need to get the University of Texas to force us to close down our football program, so our alumni base can become indignant and rally 'round the UNT flag.

Honestly, that whole fiasco may turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to UAB.

Kinda like "New" Coke.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, meanrob said:

I guess it was too difficult for you to read the man's comment. 

Read back through this and not sure what you are referring to. Who pissed in your cereal this morning?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:17 PM, wardly said:

So lets draw the line in the sand and go from here. Its Business 101: "Where are we now? Where are we going,? How are we going to get there?" We need to learn from the past, not dwell on it.

And, just doing a little math, WB would need to have us at an average attendance 25,000 two years from now and maintain that level for 10 years to equal RV (which many on this board claim wasn't nearly good enough).  RV increased attendance 31% in his first three years.  I sure hope WB can better that mark.

Oh, WB would also need to add the second level to the stadium, build a baseball facility, and an indoor football facility to equal what RV's did in softball, basketball, and football.

I'm ready for it.  Let's go!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

26 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

And, just doing a little math, WB would need to have us at an average attendance 25,000 two years from now and maintain that level for 10 years to equal RV (which many on this board claim wasn't nearly good enough).  RV increased attendance 31% in his first three years.  I sure hope WB can better that mark.

I'm sure the fact that football wins increased more than 100% in his first three years had nothing to do with that.  Accomplished under a head coach he didn't hire.

That said, very few people around here have much bad to say about his initial tenure.  But we seemed to be stuck in neutral his last few years.

If WB can get average attendance to 22k, he will have accomplished something RV never did.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UNT86 said:

Oh, WB would also need to add the second level to the stadium, build a baseball facility, and an indoor football facility to equal what RV's did in softball, basketball, and football.

Baseball likely isn't happening within the next 5 years.. 

Honestly, I think we are more likely to get a new basketball area before baseball is even started.. Baseball isn't a revenue sport but basketball can be, and with the money that has been invested into the basketball program, it shows that basketball is a priority. 

Honestly, it would be amazing to get a baseball team up in Denton but WB has talked about getting the current programs up to standard and then to go out and add different sports.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, UNT86 said:

#apologist 

Want to know what RV didn't do? The thing that trumps all. Win. He hired literal losers outside of Johnny Jones. We are fighting a perception like hell that he created and manifested and duplicated across multiple sports. It's costing UNT now more than ever. And it cost him his cushy job. He was never qualified to be in the position he was in and it showed throughout his tenure. Apologize on his behalf all you want, he made the University of North Texas Athletics losers...In the worst possible time...the rise of the information era. Now that perception radiates throughout Texas and the South Central United States. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, UNT86 said:

I'm not sure that's how I would grade out an AD.  I think the first metric I would look at would be % student and % alumni involvement.

Here's some good stuff via Cerebus

On 5/20/2015 at 0:45 PM, Cerebus said:

After the 2001 season the AD published the Game Plan For Success. This thirteen page booklet laid out the plans of the department to meet their mission, which included "Position(ing) the Mean Green to compete in the upper echelon of intercollegiate athletics and attract top athletes from the Metroplex...."

It went on to layout current MFG and FB season tickets numbers, and goals for each. All numbers from 2001 are taken from that booklet. The 2014 MGC numbers come from me hand counting the numbers off the AD website. The 2014 FB season ticket numbers come from the twitter link above.

Before we get into the details, here are the numbers:

thAGzHW.jpg

In the period of 2002-2014 the MGC grew by 864 members, while the university added (conservatively) ~72,000 new alumni.

Here are the header meanings:

2002 Actual: Number of MGC/FB Season ticket holders per Game Plan For Success (GPFS).

2004 Goal: Goal numbers set to be reached by GPFS.

2014 Actual: Number of MGC/FB Season ticket holders per AD Website/Twitter respectively.

Diff: How short we fell of the 2004 goal in 2014.

Avg Yearly Change: Average MGC/FB Season Ticket Holders added per year between 2002 and 2014 seasons.

YTG: Years to Goal, number of years with Avg Yearly Change to reach 2004 goals from current.

The year 2004 goals included:

*10,000 FB Season Ticket Holders.

*3,000 MGC members.

*40 MGC district directors.

*$600,000 in ad, radio, and sponsorship sales.

*30 spring/summer events.

*$10 million in capital fund raising for athletics.

Just for UNT90, GPFS also listed some scheduling goals, including:

* Only two "money" games per year.

* Goal to have six home games in twelve game seasons.

I'll leave the interpretation of this data/performance up to the reader. If you have any questions about the data sources, hit me.

On 11/29/2016 at 3:37 PM, Cerebus said:

I'm digging this thread backup because I found out the number of members in Rice's Owl Club.  

Owl Club Soars in Record-Setting Year

If 193 donors makes up 15% of the Owl Club, that means there is about 1286 members of the Owl Club.

For comparison Rice has an enrollment of ~6700, ours is about ~38,000.  Rice has about ~52,000 living alumni, North Texas has about 4 times that amount in DFW alone. 

For NT to get to the same donor/enrollment ratio, we would need about ~7200 members in the MGC.

I hope that sometime next year, definitely before the football season starts, Wren Baker is ready to:

• Release the current number of members in the MGC.
  • Set a new MGC membership goal for his department to reach.
  • Set a deadline for reaching that goal.  

• Upvote 1