**UNT Super Pit Facility Update 7.7.17**

Harry

According to the Construction Report the remodeling of the Super Pit has started.  It’s the second entry or Flag 2 and it looks like two ticket booths will be added on the east side along with some additional offices but I would think the offices would be added into the underground basement level and not on the concourse level but I could be wrong.  The bathrooms are also getting refurbished.  I know we have a lot of big basketball fans so I thought I would pass this exciting information along to you.  I knew this was on the horizon but they started much earlier than anticipated.  Have a great weekend. Go Mean Green!

http://facilities.unt.edu/construction-report

Here is a direct link to the PDF file:  http://facilities.unt.edu/sites/default/files/July 2017_Construction_Obstruction.pdf

• Harry featured this topic
1 hour ago, Harry said:

According to the Construction Report the remodeling of the Super Pit has started.  It’s the second entry or Flag 2 and it looks like two ticket booths will be added on the east side along with some additional offices but I would think the offices would be added into the underground basement level and not on the concourse level but I could be wrong.  The bathrooms are also getting refurbished.  I know we have a lot of big basketball fans so I thought I would pass this exciting information along to you.  I knew this was on the horizon but they started much earlier than anticipated.  Have a great weekend. Go Mean Green!

http://facilities.unt.edu/construction-report

Here is a direct link to the PDF file:  http://facilities.unt.edu/sites/default/files/July 2017_Construction_Obstruction.pdf

More details about the SuperPit project would be nice ...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Excited that it started, I worked at the Pit last semester (Planning on continuing once classes start again) and of course I heard from staff and friends who worked prior that the restrooms were going to be updated and the whole office thing etc. I feel like there will be things done in the basement like some renovations but that's still something i don't know of... can't wait for these changes... i know athletics and the board have been striving to modernize the Pit!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Seems odd that ticket offices would be added on the east side instead of the west side.

That always seemed odd to me.  The main walk up entrance faces east, yet the majority of parking is on the west side of the facility.

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

That always seemed odd to me.  The main walk up entrance faces east, yet the majority of parking is on the west side of the facility.

Could it be because after they tear down Fouts, that they will eventually end up building something there leading to more people parking on the East side of the Superpit?

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Could it be because after they tear down Fouts, that they will eventually end up building something there leading to more people parking on the East side of the Superpit?

Maybe they don't want to build on top of where the Mean Green room sits?

4 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Where would they park?

9 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

In the lot just to the east of the superpit, and even around the PEB?

I was told they are wanting to shift parking to the outside parts of the campus.

There sure doesn't seem to be enough parking in those areas.  I was under the same impression as @TreeFiddy in that the Fouts area would be used.  Even when the SP opened in the  70's, I never understood why the main entrance faced east considering the majority of parking was always on the west side of the arena.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

There sure doesn't seem to be enough parking in those areas.  I was under the same impression as @TreeFiddy in that the Fouts area would be used.  Even when the SP opened in the  70's, I never understood why the main entrance faced east considering the majority of parking was always on the west side of the arena.

From what the school emails have said it sounds like fouts would become a parking lot, but down the road they would build something in its place. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The other day I was watching a video on FB about Freshman Orientation. The Freshman were in the Super Pit.  From the angle of the camera you could see the backdrop or the wall behind the upper section. It looked to me that a section had been either painted or covered with a whitish or gray material. Don't know if they were in the process of changing out that awful looking darkish brown (or whatever color that is)  but I will say it made all the difference in the world. Made it look bright!  If that is indeed what they are doing the Super Pit will not look dank and dark next year. In fact, it will take on a whole new personality. We will feel like we are in a totally different arena. Hope that's what's happening.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

The other day I was watching a video on FB about Freshman Orientation. The Freshman were in the Super Pit.  From the angle of the camera you could see the backdrop or the wall behind the upper section. It looked to me that a section had been either painted or covered with a whitish or gray material. Don't know if they were in the process of changing out that awful looking darkish brown (or whatever color that is)  but I will say it made all the difference in the world. Made it look bright!  If that is indeed what they are doing the Super Pit will not look dank and dark next year. In fact, it will take on a whole new personality. We will feel like we are in a totally different arena. Hope that's what's happening.

It does look better

pit.png