Morris MVP

Wag Tag

On 7/2/2017 at 8:35 AM, Wag Tag said:

We win the bowl game Morris is MVP! With his size he could stand in the pocket and still be able to see his throwing lanes. This is an issue for Fine! Was Morris pulled to soon last year? Morris was truly a class act!

Someone dip into the whiskey a little early?

• Upvote 3

On 7/5/2017 at 4:24 PM, MGNation92 said:

That's 2013-HOD-Bowl-MVP-Champion-QB-2nd-all-time-in-passing-yards-only-other-QB-to-win-a-bowl-game-in-UNT-history-since-returning-to-FBS-Derek-Thompson to you sir

And do it on one leg! His MVP was a very inspiring moment I will never forget! Thanks Derek! GMG

• Upvote 1

On 7/5/2017 at 1:55 PM, Wag Tag said:

Hey guys look at Morris's ACTUAL STATS and tell me he wouldn't of been MVP.  Stats just the Stats baby!

Seem to be overlooking the fact, that NT beat Army with Fine at QB.  I agree if NT would have won Morris definitively would have been the leading candidate for bowl MVP.    However, it was one game that Morris and team had a long time to prepare for against a team with a very questionable defense.

The fact is that the defense was much better against Army the first time and looked very bad in the bowl game.  If they could have not gave up one less long td run, NT would have won. 

On 7/5/2017 at 4:24 PM, MGNation92 said:

That's 2013-HOD-Bowl-MVP-Champion-QB-2nd-all-time-in-passing-yards-only-other-QB-to-win-a-bowl-game-in-UNT-history-since-returning-to-FBS-Derek-Thompson to you sir

Actually Andrew Smith was qb in the bowl win over Cincinnati.  

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Seem to be overlooking the fact, that NT beat Army with Fine at QB.  I agree if NT would have won Morris definitively would have been the leading candidate for bowl MVP.    However, it was one game that Morris and team had a long time to prepare for against a team with a very questionable defense.

The fact is that the defense was much better against Army the first time and looked very bad in the bowl game.  If they could have not gave up one less long td run, NT would have won. 

Actually Andrew Smith was qb in the bowl win over Cincinnati.  

Are you for real right here? Fine went 9/17 118 yds 1/1. Let's not really forget the real reasons we won that game...Jeff Wilson -15 car 160 yds 3 TD + 7 opposition turnovers. We could have rolled Jordan Murray out under center for that game and the outcome wouldn't have been different. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Are you for real right here? Fine went 9/17 118 yds 1/1. Let's not really forget the real reasons we won that game...Jeff Wilson -15 car 160 yds 3 TD + 7 opposition turnovers. We could have rolled Jordan Murray out under center for that game and the outcome wouldn't have been different. 

Obviously passing yardage is going to be way down, when the running game is working.  Ever think a quick QB may have had just a little to do with a great running attack.    Oh well, with your Murray analogy: I guess you don't believe that.  

The defense was primarily responsible for the victory and the defeat.  

• Upvote 2

On 7/8/2017 at 2:20 PM, GrandGreen said:

Obviously passing yardage is going to be way down, when the running game is working.  Ever think a quick QB may have had just a little to do with a great running attack.    Oh well, with your Murray analogy: I guess you don't believe that.  

The defense was primarily responsible for the victory and the defeat.  

Fine should have had 3 or 4 INTs that game... That is when the regression started for him.