Rashawn Fredericks commits to UNT

Cooley

16 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Wow. Interesting pickup. Not much on him online, but looks like he averaged 13 points/game, 10 rebounds/game, 41% on threes at 4 attempts/game (good quality and quantity), and 1.7 steals/game. At 6'6" it sounds like he can play 2-4

Also freshmen of year.   Still not clear whether if he is committing for this year or after his second year at junior college. 

• Upvote 1

This player looks like a very solid recruit with a lot of upside.  The scholarship numbers are somewhat problematic, NT as it now stands has no ships to offer next year.  That doesn't stop most college coaches from clearing a spot if they think they can get a better player.  

The primary concern I have with McCasland's recruiting thus far, is can he recruit one of the hottest areas in the nation, DFW. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Not sure why, but he definitely de-committed. Very strange to commit and then immediately de-commit. I wonder if he did it to attract attention from other schools?  https://twitter.com/RFredericks_/status/922207037873885184

38 minutes ago, chrisfisher said:

Not sure why, but he definitely de-committed. Very strange to commit and then immediately de-commit. I wonder if he did it to attract attention from other schools?  https://twitter.com/RFredericks_/status/922207037873885184

He didn't commit and then 'immediately de-commit'.
He committed on June 23rd.  Decommitted October 22nd

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He didn't commit and then 'immediately de-commit'.
He committed on June 23rd.  Decommitted October 22nd

Thanks for that clarification. I didn't realize that. That makes more sense.

5 hours ago, chrisfisher said:

Thanks for that clarification. I didn't realize that. That makes more sense.

Also, basketball early signing period starts in 13 days. The timing probably comes from him getting cold feet, new offers, academic issues, or who knows what else shortly before he'd have opportunity to sign an LOI here. 

Unless they've had a guy in their back pocket, which wouldn't make much sense... I assume this means the scholarship isn't filled until regular signing period in April 2018.