DRC: UNT QB recruiting update (prospect says he believes he will end up at UNT)

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Not one other fb division offer for Martin, and NT may land him. 

It's what we have to deal with until we give these TX HS coaches and parents a reason to believe that UNT Football is worth their recruits' time and efforts. We haven't done that, so we get what we can most of the time, even if it doesn't involve any other FBS offers.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Personally, I think Martin is underrated.  He is a coach's son which means he is probably a student of the game with an understanding ahead many other kids his age, plus I would love a foothold in to the Manvel program.  They produce athletes like SMU produces d-bags.  I am still a big fan of Brin and think Fennigan is a good prospect that needs to add some weight.

Any of the three above along with Fine, Pearson and Isadore will have us set at QB.  Give me Rucker and one of the WR's from Ryan and we will be sitting pretty.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Personally, I think Martin is underrated.  He is a coach's son which means he is probably a student of the game with an understanding ahead many other kids his age, plus I would love a foothold in to the Manvel program.  They produce athletes like SMU produces d-bags.  I am still a big fan of Brin and think Fennigan is a good prospect that needs to add some weight.

Any of the three above along with Fine, Pearson and Isadore will have us set at QB.  Give me Rucker and one of the WR's from Ryan and we will be sitting pretty.

I think Martin is similar to Brin, with Martin having the advantage over Brin in my book. 

This is one of those scenarios where we have to trust the coaches' evaluations.   I really don't think Martin would ONLY wind up with UNT & TAMU-C offers at the end of the recruiting cycle, but since he's already familiar with this type of offensive system, it likely puts him up higher on Littrell/Harrell's board.

However, having Martin go to several camps around the state and not even pick up any other FBS offers is concerning.