Fans To Vote For Flag Design Outside Apogee Stadium

meangreen15

6 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Have Joe Green hoist the flag for the First time!!!!

Nope...have the guy who invented and created this flag raise it the first time...none other than our very own great DREX!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

19 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

The problem isn't us... the problem is that the school and the different programs should be doing this stuff already or shoulda been doing this stuff for years... Yes its awesome to get 4 or 5 bucks for a bumper sticker in the bookstore, but give out a sticker to all graduates should be a practice that is already done... Doing that would to more people finding out about UNT slowly, but over time the name will be grow... 

The only problem at a game is that people are likely to disregard it or it would be the same people at multiple games, graduates getting it in the mail with a degree would be hyped up (because its a completion of a degree) and likely to put it on there car or something to show pride in UNT. 

Exactly my point.  It should already be happening.  The fact is that we have years of experience that say it will not happen.  I do not know how to go about giving the university the stickers to put in the diploma but I know how to buy stickers and hand them out.  All traditions or pride start with someone making it happen, not with a school administrator.

People make the Battle Flag happen, make Boomer happen, and make the Mean Green Machine happen.  (thanks to several members here and the Talons)

The administration makes Eugene Levy Scrappy happen, agreements that make it hard to sell Mean Green gear happen and makes accounting errors in the amount of $83.5 million dollars.

When you look at other schools that we want to compete with students started almost every tradition or association not the administration.  (34 ex students at UT started TX Exes, The association of Former Students at A&M was started by combining Alpha Phi and the Ex Cadets Association)

There are lots of problems with any idea, quite honestly they are easy to point out, hell there are 1646 pages and 41,132 post about problems and complaining about what should be done. I for one think we should start offering solutions and more importantly making them happen.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, ipd054 said:

The administration makes Eugene Levy Scrappy happen, agreements that make it hard to sell Mean Green gear happen and makes accounting errors in the amount of $83.5 million dollars.

We already went over that.  

What happened is the school asked the state if it was proper to use funds in a certain way.  The state says yes.  A decade later a different official decides its not OK.  Since saving the tax payers money is always a political winner, some congressmen make a big deal about it, threaten investigations against NT. 

Then it comes out that other state schools (including aTm and the beef people) also asked the same question  and also used funds the same way.  Isn't it funny how all the political grandstanding just stopped?

No pants Eguene Levy Scrappy and choosing the easiest licensing agreement for the department (but very difficult on vendors) is 100% self inflicted.  Fire away at those.  

2 hours ago, ipd054 said:

Exactly my point.  It should already be happening.  The fact is that we have years of experience that say it will not happen.  I do not know how to go about giving the university the stickers to put in the diploma but I know how to buy stickers and hand them out.  All traditions or pride start with someone making it happen, not with a school administrator.

People make the Battle Flag happen, make Boomer happen, and make the Mean Green Machine happen.  (thanks to several members here and the Talons)

When you look at other schools that we want to compete with students started almost every tradition or association not the administration.  (34 ex students at UT started TX Exes, The association of Former Students at A&M was started by combining Alpha Phi and the Ex Cadets Association)

There are lots of problems with any idea, quite honestly they are easy to point out, hell there are 1646 pages and 41,132 post about problems and complaining about what should be done. I for one think we should start offering solutions and more importantly making them happen.  

I'm down with whatever we do. Its just disappointing that the admin doesn't do stuff like this, nor have they thought of things like this. Simple things like this are overlooked but these fine details are the things that make a difference in terms of knowledge of UNT or whatever else is overlooked. 

I'm sure we can pool x amount of money to get some decals and have them sent to a certain office for them to be included in degrees for recent grads. 

• 2 weeks later...