Fans To Vote For Flag Design Outside Apogee Stadium

meangreen15

On 6/23/2017 at 5:48 PM, agubriz23 said:

As a Talon I'm excited that the Battle Flag was chosen... Rick I'm sure that you're excited as well!!... here's to hoping that ours still remains the largest 😂, and if not... hopefully we're the protectors of the new flag along with the beauty we already have! 😁

I am very excited.  It's been a long hard "Battle" to get it to this point...which is one of the reasons I named it The NT Battle Flag.  

And many thanks and appreciation go to its founder, Talon and alumnus Jim "drex" Hobdy, and a huge defender of it, alumnus Bill "SilverEagle" Covert.

And just let me know when an upgrade is needed.  We'll go get another larger one for y'all to fly.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

I am very excited.  It's been a long hard "Battle" to get it to this point...which is one of the reasons I named it The NT Battle Flag.  

And many thanks and appreciation go to its inventor, Talon and alumnus Jim "drex" Hobdy, and a huge defender of it, alumnus Bill "SilverEagle" Covert.

And just let me know when an upgrade is needed.  We'll go get another larger one for y'all to fly.

Rick

Thanks Rick!! I'll let the rest of the organization know!

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

And many thanks and appreciation go to its inventor, Talon and alumnus Jim "drex" Hobdy, and a huge defender of it, alumnus Bill "SilverEagle" Covert.

Rick

Yeah, this is pretty awesome. Kudos to you for keeping this flag lingering around over the years. And kudos to the AD for coming up with this idea and having the battle flag as an option in the vote. This flag should be universally synonymous with our University. I had it at our bowl vs Army...first in the corner end zone then after half in straight away endzone. I usually pack it away after tailgate, but I'm going to start toting it into Apogee with me. 

@drex Awesome stuff 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Is there going to be an official un-furling of the flag? Or will we just drive by and see it?

"Nearly 13,000 votes were submitted in the online voting for the flag, which will be approximately 30 feet by 60 feet and is scheduled to be unveiled prior to the 2017 football season opener vs. Lamar on Sept. 2."

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/062317aaa.html

• Upvote 2

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:42 AM, GrandGreen said:

Battle flag all the way.  If NT adopts it semi-officially it may at least kept Baylor from using it as they have done in the past. 

It is another one of the things that Fry launched, his marketing ideas are often overlooked.   Flying worm loco, mean green moniker, battle flag, song leaders which I never understood the name, but became the NT dancers.  Apple green, whether you liked it or not it was unique at the time.    

Correction under Fry these were the Mean Green Dollies. Songleaders was post Fry and had something to do with a former UCLA band director who had taken over direction of NT band.

On 6/19/2017 at 10:53 PM, NT93 said:

I can't decide if I'd like this on our helmets, but I'd love it as an accent piece somewhere on the uniform.  Maybe use a small version on the back of the helmet???

I'd  love to have a t-shirt with that logo.  Or maybe on the back of a fitted cap.  That logo should definitely be put to use.

I didn't think of that, but I would love to see that. and agreed, it should be put to use...

Hell, give a sticker to everyone who graduates or even gets admitted to UNT... 

Let's make a Big Deal of the first Raising. Pimp the date and time all over campus get some live band and homecoming type spirit endeavors out there.  Make it like our raising of the banner in a championship house.  Alumni and students will come to an Event.  Protect this house.  Fly proudly Mean Green!!!!!

gmg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NM Green said:

Let's make a Big Deal of the first Raising. Pimp the date and time all over campus get some live band and homecoming type spirit endeavors out there.  Make it like our raising of the banner in a championship house.  Alumni and students will come to an Event.  Protect this house.  Fly proudly Mean Green!!!!!

gmg

Have Joe Green hoist the flag for the First time!!!!

21 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I didn't think of that, but I would love to see that. and agreed, it should be put to use...

Hell, give a sticker to everyone who graduates or even gets admitted to UNT... 

You can get 1,000 stickers for less than $100 delivered, hell we can get 25,000 for about $600 delivered. Of course it would be best if it was a promotion and handled through the Athletic Department but if they are not interested  we should just make it happen, fund it as a group and hand out at a game...  With only 4 gates we should be able to man the exits, for a few hundred bucks extra we could donate to a student group who would make it happen.  (Talons?) 

We can complain about the problem or do something about it!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ipd054 said:

You can get 1,000 stickers for less than $100 delivered, hell we can get 25,000 for about $600 delivered. Of course it would be best if it was a promotion and handled through the Athletic Department but if they are not interested  we should just make it happen, fund it as a group and hand out at a game...  With only 4 gates we should be able to man the exits, for a few hundred bucks extra we could donate to a student group who would make it happen.  (Talons?) 

We can complain about the problem or do something about it!

The problem isn't us... the problem is that the school and the different programs should be doing this stuff already or shoulda been doing this stuff for years... Yes its awesome to get 4 or 5 bucks for a bumper sticker in the bookstore, but give out a sticker to all graduates should be a practice that is already done... Doing that would to more people finding out about UNT slowly, but over time the name will be grow... 

The only problem at a game is that people are likely to disregard it or it would be the same people at multiple games, graduates getting it in the mail with a degree would be hyped up (because its a completion of a degree) and likely to put it on there car or something to show pride in UNT.