DRC: UNT set to unveil upgrades to Kuehne facility

EK is a great connector for getting donations to the university, and has been a great donor. He's probably the best connector of people the school has had as an alumni. However, there are several others who have given much more with out needing all of the fanfare.

Every few years there seems to be a small dust up when one of the big donors gets leap frogged by another who is donating more and we seem to be in that phase now. The new guard seems to be the Lovelace, McNatt and Ryan families.

Grateful for all of their support and look forward to the next generation as well.

Edited by xyresic
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2017 at 4:09 PM, xyresic said:

EK is a great connector for getting donations to the university, and has been a great donor. He's probably the best connector of people the school has had as an alumni. However, there are several others who have given much more with out needing all of the fanfare.

Every few years there seems to be a small dust up when one of the big donors gets leap frogged by another who is donating more and we seem to be in that phase now. The new guard seems to be the Lovelace, McNatt and Ryan families.

Grateful for all of their support and look forward to the next generation as well.

Lets hope UNT will always be in a phase where a number of donors want to leapfrog the ones who already give :)

If that were a fairly constant state, UNT athletics would be sure to benefit.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:15 AM, oldguystudent said:

I suggest that anybody here who subscribes to the "Tired of Ernie" newsletter to find him and arrange a private conversation.  I think you'll be mighty surprised at what you hear. 

Agree with you.

By the way...I had a tour of the new basketball practice facility upgrades today and they are really nice.  Nothing ":mind blowing", but several small things and one pretty big dea that does enhance the facility for both our men's and women's teams.

Several new graphics...one Nike swoosh banner that has the swoosh made out of what appears to be basketball goal netting pieces...pretty cool.  Yes, Ernie's eyes light up green...pretty interesting look when the lights are on!  The locker rooms have been updated with charger stations, a game player (X-Box maybe...I have no clue when it comes to that stuff) and graphics and cool green accent lighting.  The bigger deal are the nutrition stations that have been added when the players can grad some fruit, energy bars, PowerAde, water, etc. In the men's locker room there were freshly made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  And, before you say anything about the PB&J's...PB&J sandwiches seem to be a "big deal" in the NBA locker rooms these days (or so my tour guide explained).  Thought that was interesting.

Anyone who thinks the changes made in this facility are a "bunch of nothing", I can assure you, the players think differently.  It is interesting to me how important some seemingly small things are when it comes to recruiting and taking care of current players.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

On 6/21/2017 at 2:48 PM, KRAM1 said:

And, before you say anything about the PB&J's...PB&J sandwiches seem to be a "big deal" in the NBA locker rooms these days

They have always been a big deal to me.  My job satisfaction would double if my workplace had freshly made PB&J sandwiches for the taking.  

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:57 PM, TreeFiddy said:

Serious question.  When Bedford made the comments about not having restrooms, was he talking about the practice facility?  If not, where was he talking about?  If so, has the issue been addressed?

There are restroom...no showers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1