'18 DB Jaxon Gibbs (The Colony)

GMG24

5 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Any information on how he liked UNT?

Also, from his stats on 24/7 he is a tackling machine

He loves UNT, His coach also loves UNT. 

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Great video.  Hope we offered as S/DB and he understands his chances at playing early.

I'm working on it 

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Any information on how he liked UNT?

Also, from his stats on 24/7 he is a tackling machine

Yeah, those numbers will probably rise this year in the new scheme he's playing in. We offered as Safety. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

THIS GUY is a prime example of a guy I'd love to have even though 24/7 lists him as a "2*".
...because several other FBS-level coaches have seen him and wanted him to play for them.    Rating-be-damned, this guy is a baller.   If UNT could only haul in a class full of "2*" guys, but they all had offers like Gibbs, we're going to be just fine.

@GMG24, keep up the good work with Mr. Gibbs.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

@GMG24 DONT SCREW THIS UP  LOL

lol I am working.  I want him to go wherever he feels best but I have been putting UNT in his ear.  He was on campus today for an unofficial.  I haven't asked how it went because I am not sure when he will be done. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, GMG24 said:

lol I am working.  I want him to go wherever he feels best but I have been putting UNT in his ear.  He was on campus today for an unofficial.  I haven't asked how it went because I am not sure when he will be done. 

Can I please ask you do one. 

If he elects to go to UNT or some place else. Could he please say what were the good/bad things about the way he was recruited by UNT. If it's simple things from more edits to more interaction, or even more better access, whatever. 

I have no idea how often/if at all the coaches get any type of input into why a recruit picks or passes over UNT. But Jaxson is a kid that will see a lot of different things out there and it could help UNT in the future. (Hopefully my late night rambling makes sense)

9 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Is this a new UNI? 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...