Men's OOC schedule

Ive been wondering when we will find out some of our OOC games. They have this topic going on the AAC board and they all seem to know a bunch of their opponents already.

The date of our game with Georgia Tech is November 24th according to their website.

Edited by Magic95Fan

• 3 weeks later...

UTA releases their OOC schedule today. Assuming the series is still on, it would be UTA's turn to host at College Park Center this year. With all of UNT's big transfers coming in and UTA's losing some of its best players due to graduation, could be a very good game.

Edited by UTAmaverick
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, UTAmaverick said:

UTA releases their OOC schedule today. Assuming the series is still on, it would be UTA's turn to host at College Park Center this year. With all of UNT's big transfers coming in and UTA's losing some of its best players due to graduation, could be a very good game.

I would expect some growing pains this season from UNT.   Quite a roster turnover from what was here last season.  Thankfully, our 2 of our better players returned.

2 hours ago, Magic95Fan said:

That tourney that includes Georgia Tech and Grambling State is called the Ramblin Wreck Showcase. Apparently it is a round robin and also includes Bethune Cookman and UTRGV.

Correct. I believe it's set up like the Rutgers tournament we were in last year so I'm assuming we will host one or both of those other teams as well 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm most excited about the UT-Arlington game.  UT-Arlington is now a powerhouse, their fan support is quickly growing, I love their modern basketball arena, and who doesn't love a heated crosstown rivalry.

Also the OU game will be pretty exciting.  I know so many OU alums in DFW so it'll give me an opportunity to talk some trash before the game.

Edited by OM14
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, OM14 said:

I'm most excited about the UT-Arlington game.  UT-Arlington is now a powerhouse, their fan support is quickly growing, I love their modern basketball arena, and who doesn't love a heated crosstown rivalry.

Also the OU game will be pretty exciting.  I know so many OU alums in DFW so it'll give me an opportunity to talk some trash before the game.

Glad you are excited about something.  Ironic that you were bitching about basketball a little while ago.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Glad you are excited about something.  Ironic that you were bitching about basketball a little while ago.

I'm going to complain about UNT athletics until I feel they are relevant again.  You guys are freaking delusional if you think I'm the only one that has a problem with the current state of the athletic program (my tuition & fees funds the athletic program so I want a better return on investment).  We got big ass athletic facilities, a big UNT community, and can't even come close to selling it out and the games are pretty unmemorable compared to games at UT, Tech, A&M, and TCU.  There are schools 1/4 our size that draw better crowds and atmosphere ... Prairie View and Grambling (two FCS schools with each having less than 10K students) drew over 50,000 at the Cotton Bowl Stadium each year.  Last year we had 39,000 for a game against Army there.

This is Texas, I expect to be among the best when it comes to athletic support and achievement but UNT is far from it.  I see my original post delete ... I see constructive criticism and the truth isn't welcomed here smh

Edited by OM14
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 13

1 hour ago, OM14 said:

I'm going to complain about UNT athletics until I feel they are relevant again.  You guys are freaking delusional if you think I'm the only one that has a problem with the current state of the athletic program (my tuition & fees funds the athletic program so I want a better return on investment).  We got big ass athletic facilities, a big UNT community, and can't even come close to selling it out and the games are pretty unmemorable compared to games at UT, Tech, A&M, and TCU.  There are schools 1/4 our size that draw better crowds and atmosphere ... Prairie View and Grambling (two FCS schools with each having less than 10K students) drew over 50,000 at the Cotton Bowl Stadium each year.  Last year we had 39,000 for a game against Army there.

This is Texas, I expect to be among the best when it comes to athletic support and achievement but UNT is far from it.  I see my original post delete ... I see constructive criticism and the truth isn't welcomed here smh

Love your passion but understand UT, A&M and TCU are all Big XII and received more in conference payout than we budget for our department.  Should we sell oit Apogee?  Absolutely, should we fill up the Super Pit?  Damn Right!  But understand that our growth will come from the students and recent graduates, and you all are the ones that can make game day memorable and fun for the students.  Tailgating at Apogee is great, so stake out your spot, invite all your friends and make a day of it, but don't be one of the many that don't go in to the games.

FYI...your tuition does not pay for athletics.  Your student athletic fee covers that, UNT's is probably the lowest in Texas, and provides you complimentary access to all sporting events.  Try paying A&M's student fee and then having to pay for tickets to games.  UNT's fee is a bargain.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2017 at 10:10 AM, OM14 said:

i think TCU and SMU are looking for t-shirt fans.  Lack of large crowds has struck me as strange, it is your team ,support them through thick and thin.  I think the student attendance is fair to good but the alumni and local fan is what is hurting. I love to win but I love being at apogee on game day.  It is college football.

Edited by southsideguy

On 7/19/2017 at 6:37 AM, oldguystudent said:

I seem to be the only person alive who feels like going to a game at UT Arlington is akin to watching a game at Disneyland's Toontown. 

I suppose my opinion is just flat out wrong, but man I just don't get the place.

are you talking about their New Gym?, because i have heard nothing but praise for that place.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

are you talking about their New Gym?, because i have heard nothing but praise for that place.

Yeah, everybody except me just loves the place.  It feels childish and strange to me.  I don't hate it, and I don't hate UTA.  That place is just...off for college sports to me, and I realize that I am in the extreme minority on that opinion.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

Yeah, everybody except me just loves the place.  It feels childish and strange to me.  I don't hate it, and I don't hate UTA.  That place is just...off for college sports to me, and I realize that I am in the extreme minority on that opinion.

I don't mind the place , but it does have that minor league baseball kinda feel to it. I'm just glad it falls on a Saturday this year & I'll be able to attend 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1