Help an Alum Make the Olympic Skeleton Team

KRAM1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I will pick up my 2 raffle tkts at the RoughRider game.....when is the drawing?

Drawing is August 5 at the corn hole tournament.  Appreciate your support!  Will bring your tickets to the RoughRiders game.

Come to the event on the 5th and join us for the fun.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

@KRAM1 add another team to the list!  Do we get to come up with a catchy name??

If you wish.  That might be added fun.  Thanks so much.  You can pay the $40 team entry through the GoFundMe site or you can send a check and avoid those GoFundMe fees.  If you PM me I can give you my address if you want to mail it in.

Really, really appreciate you stepping up to help. And, I do think we are going to have a great time! 👍👍

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

If you wish.  That might be added fun.  Thanks so much.  You can pay the $40 team entry through the GoFundMe site or you can send a check and avoid those GoFundMe fees.  If you PM me I can give you my address if you want to mail it in.

Really, really appreciate you stepping up to help. And, I do think we are going to have a great time! 👍👍

What's the participant count up to this point? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

What's the participant count up to this point? 

Would have to look to be sure, but about 5 teams so far. Ben, grab a partner and sign up to play. Going to be fun and you might win some nice prizes.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Would have to look to be sure, but about 5 teams so far. Ben, grab a partner and sign up to play. Going to be fun and you might win some nice prizes.

I gotta check around that date to see what I have going. If I'm free you know I'm in. But let me get back at you first though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pretty quiet around these parts, but I wanted to share with you a nice thing that happened yesterday.  A friend, and Club Seat holder, handed me $100 yesterday to support this event even though he lives a long way away and will not be able to attend in person.  He said to give him five raffle tickets and to keep the other $50 as a donation to Kellie.  How great was that?  Yes, he already has season tickets, but if he wins he said he will get them into the hands of a non-season ticket holder to help create a new season ticket buyer for next season.  Said it was important to get new folks in to Apogee and he was going to try to help by helping a fellow alum at the same time.

I cannot tell everyone how positive that comment was and how it sort of lifted my spirits a bit since we have seen some "dead time" here regarding the fund-raiser.

So, what do we need?  Well, first and foremost, we need 2-person teams to sign-up to play.  The fee is $40 per team and the prizes are listed in previous postings about.  If you are a "single" and want to play...the fee is $20 and we will pair you up with another player and make sure you get a team.

ALSO...this is a co-ed event.  Where are the ladies who play?  Husband and wife teams are great as are co-ed friends teams, two-person female teams, Moms and sons or daughters, etc., etc.  So many great opportunities to form a team, create some quality fun time together while helping a fellow alum chase her Olympic dreams.

I know the GoMeanGreen crowd will support this alum...former track athlete...former Cheer Team member...in her quest.  Just waiting for some of you folks to "check your schedules" and get back to me... :-)

You can post here or send me a PM...all good.  Cannot tell you how much I appreciate the close to $500 that has come in through me since we started this thread and event planning.  One issue is that $300 of the $500 has been made up by three generous donors and the majority of the rest from yours truly.  Needing to see if we cannot get some others here interested in supporting this event...like I always say...any amount helps...even the purchase of one (1) $10 raffle ticket or a flat $5 donation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just got word today of two more teams set to play! Appreciate these folks a great deal. We are building to a really fun event. Come be part of it!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

For those attending the Forth of July fireworks show at Apogee this Tuesday evening, I just wanted to say that I will be there with RAFFLE TICKETS IN HAND in hand and available if anyone would like to purchase a chance to win two season sideline tickets to the 2017 UNT home football season or to simply make a donation to this alum and her Olympic qualifying efforts. 

Raffle tickets are $10 each and we are only selling 100.  So your chances are much better than in most raffles of this kind.  And, sure, you might already have season tickets, but if you win you could give them to a friend or neighbor or fellow alum who does not buy season tickets.  Maybe create a new season ticket buyer for the future.

I will be in the Club area, but would be more than happy to meet you anywhere in the stadium to complete the purchase.  I will definitely "come to you" as they say in the fund-raising world. 

You can let me know here by posting or you can PM me through GoMeanGreen.com or you can call me or you can send me an email.  I am not hard to find and many of you already know how to find me.  :-)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Happy 4th of July to the great Mean Green Nation.

We are just about a month away from our event.  Still plenty of time to grab a partner and sign up for the Corn-Hole Tournament.  Shaping up tp be a fun event that won't take all your Saturday either.  Come enjoy the fun!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just got the word that John Williams has come up with four more gift cards to utilize as drawing prizes for all who enter the Corn-Hole tournament.  So, even if your team doesn't win one of the top three prizes you could still win a cool gift card. So far we have six (6) gift cards to award through the players drawing. 

Plus...you guys like @oldguystudent who like John Williams and Eastside, you have a chance to win a $100 Rally House gift card along with a $50 bar tab at Eastside! 

Let's do this people! Let me know through a PM or post here if you want to play ($25 for a single) and $40 per team of two...we will pair singles up into 2-person teams. So, don't have a team? Who cares...no problem. Come on out. You will have a team.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, GMG24 said:

Talking with a coaching buddy, we may have a team.  He's checking the date.

You guys in?  Hope so.  You can come as a single if need be and we can pair you up with a partner...so, please think about coming either way.

• Downvote 2

We are now TWELVE (12) days out from the event.  We are still looking for a few teams to sign up to play...we would like a minimum of 16 teams.  The cost is $40.00 per team.  I you would like to play and sign up as a single...we will place you on a team, but we need to know if you will be playing as the brackets need to be prepared prior to "game day" if at all possible.

So...those playing... and those who would like to play...please let us know.  Start time is

We have some great prizes including a $100 Rally House Gift Certificate and a $50 bar tab at Eastside for our 1st place team.  There are prizes for 2nd and 3rd place as well, drawings for additional gift cards (for those registering to play), a 50/50 cash drawing and a raffle ($10 per ticket) for a chance to win two (2) sideline seat season tickets to the 2017 UNT football home season at Apogee.

Let us also not forget the great beer and drink options at East Side to help keep you cool and what may well be a fairly "warm" Saturday.

Can the GoMeanGreen.com bunch get behind this Alum, former track athlete, former Cheer Team member? I think so. Hope to see a bunch of you there.

If you cannot attend in person, but would like to help...our GoFunMe page address is: https://www.gopfundme.com/kellies-u-s-olympic-qualifying (I say it all the timer...because it is true...any ANY amount helps...even $5 or $10 or whatever you can donate.  So, please help and let's together get behind this Mean Green Alum and help her make the team).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Things are firming up nicely for the event, but as always, we are in need of players/teams for the tournament.  If you would like to have some fun, enjoy being with a bunch of great people all the while helping a UNT Alum reach her Olympic dreams come true, come out Saturday...Aug 5th at 11:00 am at East Side on Oak Street in Denton!

• Downvote 2

Hey, looks like we are going to catch a break with the weather for our event. Forecast is saying a high of 90 which is way below average Aug temps.  May even be below 90 for our tournament as we start at 11:00am.

So, come on out and enjoy the "cooler" August temps and support a fellow alum.  See you there!

Saturday, Aug 5th, 11:00am, East Side on Oak Street in Denton.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

Well...we near the eve of the event.  I would like to ask that anyone who is going to play in the bag tournament please confirm their participation here or through a PM to me.  We need to start setting up the tournament brackets and it is a bit of a challenge not knowing who is and who is not playing.  So, please try to confirm here or through that PM to me if you can and if you se this in time.  Appreciate the help.

Weather looks much cooler than a normal August Texas day, so we lucked out there for certain!  Yea!

If you have a team please indicate as such and what your team name is (if you have one...it is not necessary to have a name by the way), and if you are a single and want to be matched up with a teammate, please indicate that as well.  Again...appreciate the help.  If we have the names ahead of time and can complete the brackets it will just help us start rolling with the tournament sooner in the day.

Remember, you don't have to play to come and enjoy the event...we would love to have you and as many others as we can get to attend as there will be a 50/50 raffle and a raffle for two sideline section season ticket seats to this year's Mean green season at Apogee.  Only selling 100 raffle tickets at $10/each.  So chances are pretty decent. And, as always, great beer selections at East Side and lots of great folks to just enjoy chatting with while attending.  Hope to see you there!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1