Help an Alum Make the Olympic Skeleton Team

KRAM1

Well, once more a UNT alum needs our help, and, hopefully, the Mean Green family will come through once again to help.  

Kellie Delka, a UNT alum, ex-UNT track athlete and ex-UNT Cheer team member is attempting to qualify for the Seoul Olympics as a member of the U.S. Olympic team.  To do so, she must raise the vast majority of funds needed for equipment (her sled alone costs about $8,000), travel to and from Europe for training and competitions, travel to Colorado for training plus living expenses.  Kellie has been competing in the skeleton for some time in Europe and gas had a measure of success.  But, she needs help in her pursuit of a spot on the U. S. Olympic Team.

With that in mind, with a fellow Mean Green fan and supporter, we have set up a Corn Hole Tournament for August 5th, beginning at 11:00am at Eastside Social Club in Denton.  Yes, it could be a tad warm, but you will be able to enjoy a cold beer or two while playing or awaiting your turn to play, plus Eastside has a nice shaded patio.  Entry fee has been set at $49 per two-man team or $25 per individual (we will set you up with a partner) and we will have gift cards plus "extras" for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners....$100, $50 and $25 respectively.

On top of this...all registered players will receive a chance in a drawing for additional gift cards.

In addition we will be holding a 50/50 raffle and selling raffle tickets for a chance to win two 2107 UNT football season tickets.....$10.00 per chance with only 100 tickets being sold.  So, your chances of winning are not bad at all.

Kellie and her family will be on hand as well to talk and explain Olympic skeleton and what it entails.  In addition, we have a few more surprises planned for the day and event.  So, how can you help? There are multiple ways you can help....sign up to play....purchase a raffle ticket or two or three, come to the event and buy a beer or two and a 50/50 raffle chance or two or simply make a donation on our GoFundMe site that will soon be up and available (I will share the link here later), or send me a PM here for an address where you can send a check, buy a raffle ticket or sign up to play.  Once the GoFundMe site is up, we will use that for playing registration fees as well.

OK....who is willing to play, buy a raffle ticket, show up and buy a beer or two, etc.?  Can we once again come together to help a fellow member of the great Mean Green Nation?

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

OK...here is the link to the GoFundMe site: https://www.gofundme.com/kellies-u-s-olympic-qualifying

You can pay your $25 player fee on this site (just post here too or PM me so I will know it was a player fee and not a donation alone), or you can make a donation...any size...to Kellie reach her Olympic goal.

If you have any questions about our Corn Hole Tournament or Kellie's qualifying efforts, just let me know....either just post or PM me here.  In the photo below, Kellie is on the right.

image.jpeg

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, untcampbell said:

Let me be the first to ask:

T'shirt?

Seriously, thanks Mark for taking this project forward. I will discuss with the Boss my availability but plan to support either way.

GMG

Thank you Scott. Appreciate you. We thought of a t-shirt, but opted for the football season tickets raffle instead this time.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, untcampbell said:

Let me be the first to ask:

T'shirt?

Seriously, thanks Mark for taking this project forward. I will discuss with the Boss my availability but plan to support either way.

GMG

What time is this corn hole contest going down?  Some of us have two a days. I will help out with this however I can.   

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, GMG24 said:

What time is this corn hole contest going down?  Some of us have two a days. I will help out with this however I can.   

3:00pm...Saturday, Aug 5th at Eastside in Denton.  Thanks so much...are you thinking of playing?  We really do need to get some activity going on the player front.  Surely we can find some players ... It will be a singles tournament, so no need to form teams.  

We have gift cards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.  Looking like we will have a $100 gift certificate to Rally House for 1st place.  Folks can stock up on Mean Green, Mavs, Rangers, Cowboys, etc. gear...well, they can start, right?

We greatly appreciate anything you are willing to do to help...and we can definitely use the help and support.  Thank you, Sir! 👍👍

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Confirmed...we will raffle off two (2) UNT 2017 football tickets in conjunction with this fund-raiser.  We will only have 100 raffle tickets available to seel...so odds are far better than in most raffles of this kind that you could win.  Each chance will be $10.00.  This is a great way for folks who would like to support UNT grad  Kellie and her Olympic dreams, but who cannot come out for the event on Aug. 5th to support.  You can PM me here if you would like to purchase a raffle ticket or two or three.  You DSO NOT have to be present to win, and the drawing will take place at 6pm on Aug. 5th at Eastside.  We can do everything by mail or if you are local to Denton or the area, we can meet somewhere to handle the purchase.

I will even buy you a beer if we meet somewhere where such is allowed.  Hey, @Thomas Coe....I will even give you one of my precious Yuenglings!

Folks, it doesn't take much to support this grad.  We did a great job in supporting Johnny Quinn in his Olympic pursuit...let's get behind Kellie in her Olympic pursuit and show how the great Mean Green Nation supports its own!

Again...the GoFundMe link is: https://gofundme.com/kellies-u-s-olympic-qualifying

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I realize it is early and August seems a long way away here in early June, but players? I may have to play, and I will be very easy to beat for two reasons...my skill level and my beer consumption level...so, you could have one win on your way to winning a $100 gift card! 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, untcampbell said:

I secured participation permissions last night from the boss. I will play but I share your purported challenged Corn Hole skill sets.

GMG

EXCELLENT!  First confirmed participant for the tournament!  You can pay your registration fee through the GoFundMe or you can mail me a check to avoid the fees.  I can PM you with my address if you want to go that way!  Thanks so much Scott!  Appreciate your support!

AND...this just in!  We have secured our first place prize...$100 gift card to Rally House where you can stock up on UNT gear!  Thank you Bryan Waddle for making this part happen!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Just in....Hooters has donated a $50 gift card for our event! Very kind of them...came as a result of seeing our posts about the event and because they want to support Kellie in her efforts...Kellie used to work at the Denton Hooters.  Very kind of them.  Thought she looked familiar...I do enjoy those Hooters wings and cold beer! 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I get that not everybody likes Mark...but -1s on every post about supporting an alumna going to the Olympics shows some really poor integrity. Even though we don't see who it is, I'm sure they think it's funny. But it looks bad to any visitors to the board. Bad form.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, JesseMartin said:

I get that not everybody likes Mark...but -1s on every post about supporting an alumna going to the Olympics shows some really poor integrity. Even though we don't see who it is, I'm sure they think it's funny. But it looks bad to any visitors to the board. Bad form.

Jesse...Oh, I know who. It's personal with them. Pay them no mind, they never support any of these projects anyway. This is about a UNT alum trying to reach her goal of making the Olympic team.....not me.  Most folks realize that.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, ntsumgspe said:

"Put me IN Coach!!!"

Kudos to Bryan Waddle, wasn't sure he was still with us..., for getting the Rally House gift card!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

EXCELLENT news, Sir!  Got you down as a player...if you want to prepay your player fee of $25 you can do so on the GoFundMe site...or you can PM me for my address and pay with a check which would avoid fees from GoFundMe, but either way is great.  If you want to use a check...just PM me and I will send my address for you to utilize.

GoFundMe is: http://www.gofundme.com/kellies-u-s-olympic-qualifying

Will look forward to seeing you on the 5th of August for the event. Thank you, Sir!  Very much appreciate the support.  And, yes, Bryan is an instrumental part of getting this event going!  My "partner in crime" so to say for this event.  Ha!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 6/7/2017 at 10:43 AM, KRAM1 said:

3:00pm...Saturday, Aug 5th at Eastside in Denton.  Thanks so much...are you thinking of playing?  We really do need to get some activity going on the player front.  Surely we can find some players ... It will be a singles tournament, so no need to form teams.  

We have gift cards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.  Looking like we will have a $100 gift certificate to Rally House for 1st place.  Folks can stock up on Mean Green, Mavs, Rangers, Cowboys, etc. gear...well, they can start, right?

We greatly appreciate anything you are willing to do to help...and we can definitely use the help and support.  Thank you, Sir! 👍👍

I'm in! Hopefully the wife understands 😫😩😏. I'll send her for a mani pedi that'll make it up lol. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

I'm in! Hopefully the wife understands 😫😩😏. I'll send her for a mani pedi that'll make it up lol. 

Excellent! Bring your wife...she can have a cold one while you play...she is a coach's wife.  Trust me...she understands this stuff.  Besides...we would get the chance to meet your son and new Mean Green Nation member! Winner...winner!  Either way...thank you Sir!  Very much appreciate your support! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Raffle tickets are in!  We have only 100 to sell at $10 each, so your chances are pretty good! I realize lots of us have season tickets, but you could win and give them to a friend or relative to help introduce them to the greatness of Apogee and the fun time they can have cheering on the Mean Green!  Tell them that beer is sold at Apogee. That will get them!

If you can help by purchasing a ticket or two or three, just let me know here or PM me.  We can figure out how to get the tickets to you...mail, I can deliver (if local), we can meet up at the Alumni game event at the Roughriders game on July 1st, etc.

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

43 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Raffle tickets are in!  We have only 100 to sell at $10 each, so your chances are pretty good! I realize lots of us have season tickets, but you could win and give them to a friend or relative to help introduce them to the greatness of Apogee and the fun time they can have cheering on the Mean Green!  Tell them that beer is sold at Apogee. That will get them!

If you can help by purchasing a ticket or two or three, just let me know here or PM me.  We can figure out how to get the tickets to you...mail, I can deliver (if local), we can meet up at the Alumni game event at the Roughriders game on July 1st, etc.

image.jpeg

I'll buy 2....see you are the RR event....

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I'll buy 2....see you are the RR event....

Excellent...thank you. Will bring the tickets with me.  Appreciate your support.  Hope you guys will be able to come to the event too.

Thank you Sir!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

So, yes, it is early...but we have only three committed players for the tournament at this time.  We would like to have sisteen players minimum to make it a good tourney.  If you would like to play, please think it over and let me know.  Really will be a fun time.  AND, we will be helping a fellow alum and former athlete as well. 

Let's do this Mean Green peeps!  GoFundMe link:  www.//gofundme.com/kellies-u-s-olympic-qualifying

Raffle tickets now on sale to win two season ticket's this this years UNT football season at Apogee...$10/each...PM me or just post here if you can help.

Remember...lots of great cold beer selections at EASTSIDE...event is Aug. 5th at Eastside in Denton starting at 3:00PM.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just received a very generous contribution from untcampbell.  Thanks you very much, Sir! Will see you at the event on the 5th of August.

UPDATE:  The format of the event has been changed at the request of John Williams (Estside/Oakstreet owner) to a Two-Man team event. Entry fee per two-man team is $40 per team.  Not to worry if you have signed up as a single...we will match you up with a teammate OR grad a buddy and make up your own team...

Also...time has been changed to an 11:00AM start on the 5th.  John Williams again feels the earlier start will help attendance with a tad cooler temps.

John has also sweetened the winners pot...our prizes will now be:

1st:  $100 Rally House Gift Card and a $50 bar tab at Eastside

2nd: $50 Hooters Gift Card and $25 Eastside bar tab

3rd: $25 Rudy's Gift card and two Eastside shirts

PLUS:  ALL PLAYERS will automatically be entered into a drawing for additional gift cards...at the moment we have two (2) Hooters $25 gift cards for this drawing, but we will secure several more by event day.  I will keep you posted.

Don't forget...we are also drawing for TWO SEASON TICKETS TO THIS SERASON'S UNT FOOTBALL SEASON AT APOGEE. Chances are $10.00 each...PM me or just post here if you can help by purchasing a raffle ticket or two or three.

This is going to be a fun event and, hopefully, we can help this UNT Grad out with some of her Olympic Dream quest expenses....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Just picked up the certificate for the Two Season Football Tickets this afternoon.  I was assured they will be sideline and nor Wing Zone seats...only exception would be if all sideline seats were sold out.  I think, unfortunately, the prospect of that is slim to none...so we have two sideline season tickets for our raffle.

Yes, I realize that many of us here already have or will be purchasing season tickets, but why not help out a fellow UNT grad and purchase a raffle ticket or two or three ($10/each) and see if the seats next to you aren't available or seats nearby and introduce some friends to the greatness that is Apogee and UNT football on a fall Saturday?  You might just introduce a fellow grad or friend to UNT football and create a future season ticket buyer.  Either way...you are really helping a fellow grad who could use our help in fighting to reach her dream of Olympic glory!

Also...GoFundMe site has been pretty darn quite lately...as a reminder...here's the link

https://www.gofundme.com/kellies-u-s-Olympic-qualifying

Any amount...even $5.00 helps more than you could know.  If you would like to donate and avoid the GoFundMe fees...just PM me and I will send my address.  Together...we CAN do this.  Thanks so much Mean Green Nation!

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Just picked up the certificate for the Two Season Football Tickets this afternoon.  I was assured they will be sideline and nor Wing Zone seats...only exception would be if all sideline seats were sold out.  I think, unfortunately, the prospect of that is slim to none...so we have two sideline season tickets for our raffle.

Yes, I realize that many of us here already have or will be purchasing season tickets, but why not help out a fellow UNT grad and purchase a raffle ticket or two or three ($10/each) and see if the seats next to you aren't available or seats nearby and introduce some friends to the greatness that is Apogee and UNT football on a fall Saturday?  You might just introduce a fellow grad or friend to UNT football and create a future season ticket buyer.  Either way...you are really helping a fellow grad who could use our help in fighting to reach her dream of Olympic glory!

Also...GoFundMe site has been pretty darn quite lately...as a reminder...here's the link

https://www.gofundme.com/kellies-u-s-Olympic-qualifying

Any amount...even $5.00 helps more than you could know.  If you would like to donate and avoid the GoFundMe fees...just PM me and I will send my address.  Together...we CAN do this.  Thanks so much Mean Green Nation!

I will pick up my 2 raffle tkts at the RoughRider game.....when is the drawing?