UNT 2017 QB Recruiting update

With that we are now in decline of average recruit rating for the 2nd class in a row.

We are also steadily declining in CUSA rankings for 2018. Especially considering Rice had a massive weekend in which we could not land a single recruit after seemingly our biggest camp ever.

Seth Littrell can't recruit. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it's a duck.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

27 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

With that we are now in decline of average recruit rating for the 2nd class in a row.

We are also steadily declining in CUSA rankings for 2018. Especially considering Rice had a massive weekend in which we could not land a single recruit after seemingly our biggest camp ever.

Seth Littrell can't recruit. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, it's a duck.

5 commitments in the current class and months to go before anything is official and this.  SMH

SL has offered kids all year that we were first in on and might not even be rated by the services and then they blow up.  Welcome to Denton Kason. Prove these folks wrong. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Let's see what the team who won our conference last season is up to. *checks 247* oh look they only have 1 commit right now. And oh look he is a .7889 2 star commit. WKU is a dumpster fire, they can't recruit, total losers. Call a chicken a chicken. See how that sounds when you apply it to other schools?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Let's see what the team who won our conference last season is up to. *checks 247* oh look they only have 1 commit right now. And oh look he is a .7889 2 star commit. WKU is a dumpster fire, they can't recruit, total losers. Call a chicken a chicken. See how that sounds when you apply it to other schools?

Lol they won our conference and have one of the highest scoring offenses in the country. We're banking on these kids to get to that point while they coast to another 10 3 star kids by signing day and continue to dominate. Just like La Tech

Apples to Oranges my friend

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

19 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Just stop

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

16 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Lol they won our conference and have one of the highest scoring offenses in the country. We're banking on these kids to get to that point while they coast to another 10 3 star kids by signing day and continue to dominate. Just like La Tech

Apples to Oranges my friend

Just so I am clear, let's wait until signing day to see how WKU does before passing judgement, but let's rate our team now?  Got it. Seems like apples to apples to me. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Just so I am clear, let's wait until signing day to see how WKU does before passing judgement, but let's rate our team now?  Got it. Seems like apples to apples to me. 

Okay if Seth Littrell signs 10 3 star kids, and ends up 2nd in the conference by day I'll shut up.

WKU has a much better chance of doing so. I'll honestly be surprised if we clear a .78 average on 247

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, AustinFromUNT said:

While others aren't impressed by his offer list, I think he is a STEAL. Before you look who else hasn't offered watch his tape for yourself and see if you think he looks like a good player. Welcome to the Mean Green Family Kason.

20 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

5 commitments in the current class and months to go before anything is official and this.  SMH

SL has offered kids all year that we were first in on and might not even be rated by the services and then they blow up.  Welcome to Denton Kason. Prove these folks wrong. 

5 recruits in this class already and last year at this time, we were just trying to finish off the 1st class for this staff. Lol we hadn't even picked up our first recruit of the most recent class either.

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

It only makes sense to give them a pass and hate on UNT. 

But I do agree with you UNTLifer. We can't judge the class now vs what it is on NSD. I mean the people critical of the class would have been happy with us only Bradley signing Because of his offers but are the same people who are down on Siggers, White, Durlin, among others who rank similar to Bradley but had offers dry up. 

Give me Siggers, White, Durlin over just Bradley alone.

1 minute ago, MGNation92 said:

Okay if Seth Littrell signs 10 3 star kids, and ends up 2nd in the conference by day I'll shut up.

WKU has a much better chance of doing so. I'll honestly be surprised if we clear a .78 average on 247

Doubt it, then you will just say oh he sucks because half the class is 3* and the other half is 2*s 

8 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

5 recruits in this class already and last year at this time, we were just trying to finish off the 1st class for this staff. Lol we hadn't even picked up our first recruit of the most recent class either.

It only makes sense to give them a pass and hate on UNT. 

But I do agree with you UNTLifer. We can't judge the class now vs what it is on NSD. I mean the people critical of the class would have been happy with us only Bradley signing Because of his offers but are the same people who are down on Siggers, White, Durlin, among others who rank similar to Bradley but had offers dry up. 

Give me Siggers, White, Durlin over just Bradley alone.

Doubt it, then you will just say oh he sucks because half the class is 3* and the other half is 2*s 

Once again. Never said anyone sucks. Never have. 

There are 127 other FBS coaches that didn't offer this player or any other player in our current 2018 class.

Why is that? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

How about if he wins the west division of CUSA, 8 games, or a bowl game, would you shut up then? Or would the wins be hollow because they were with players the "recruiting experts" thought were no good.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, MGNation92 said:

There are 127 other FBS coaches that didn't offer this player or any other player in our current 2018 class.

Why is that? 

Who knows, maybe because he only started this past season, and teams look to get the next recruiting class QB early. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

How about if he wins the west division of CUSA, 8 games, or a bowl game, would you shit up then? Or would the wins be hollow because they were with players the "recruiting experts" thought were no good.

I'd gladly shut up. Until then, Seth Littrell can't recruit, and there's nothing on paper to prove otherwise

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Why is that? 

Maybe because we are 9 months from signing day and offers are still going out. There is an entire season to be played. A season that will see some recruits have a breakout while others will disappoint. A season that will see many coaches fired and related offers rescinded.  All it takes is for Kliff to get fired at Tech and the new coach to like Martin and he is gone. Then it will be how we couldn't hold onto a commit but for now he is a recruit we shouldn't want because he doesn't have multiple FBS offers 9 months before signing day. Do I have it all correct?

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Maybe because we are 9 months from signing day and offers are still going out. There is an entire season to be played. A season that will see some recruits have a breakout while others will disappoint. A season that will see many coaches fired and related offers rescinded.  All it takes is for Kliff to get fired at Tech and the new coach to like Martin and he is gone. Then it will be how we couldn't hold onto a commit but for now he is a recruit we shouldn't want because he doesn't have multiple FBS offers 9 months before signing day. Do I have it all correct?

Yes, all correct. But, that doesn't change the fact that SL can't recruit. He can identify talent. He can offer identified talent. But he can't land them. That's the point, landing them. Right? 

We have 5 commits with just about 0 FBS offers outside of us. It was kind of how last recruiting cycle ended as well. Guys coming in left and right with 0 FBS offers. SL hasn't beaten out Wilson at utsa for 1. single. recruit. But people just want to be the dog in the burning house saying everything is fine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yes, all correct. But, that doesn't change the fact that SL can't recruit. He can identify talent. He can offer identified talent. But he can't land them. That's the point, landing them. Right? 

We have 5 commits with just about 0 FBS offers outside of us. It was kind of how last recruiting cycle ended as well. Guys coming in left and right with 0 FBS offers. SL hasn't beaten out Wilson at utsa for 1. single. recruit. But people just want to be the dog in the burning house saying everything is fine. 

To be a voice of reason, Littrell was brought in bc of his coaching ability, hence 1-11 team with 68 scholarship dudes to 5-8 team.  Wilson brought in because he was one of top recruiters in the country.  He recruits well, Littrell coaches well.  

Does our head to head with FBS need to get better, yes.  However, more times than not we're losing to P5, or Houston who was ranked last year and beat a damn good OU team.  Everyone is in such a panic right now, and we haven't even seen his second class on campus. Yes rankings aren't great however if he can Win games with that talent I'm good.  They've been out, offering kids early and not getting them, time to regroup and attack it again. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

But people just want to be the dog in the burning house saying everything is fine. 

I'm not saying everything is fine. I'm saying let coach do his thing and let's see how it pans out on the field. If he string together several UTEP games like Mac did in his last two seasons, Il be right there with you. For now, I think we should hold off on the he sucks talk since he has coached just one season and has just two signed recruiting classes in.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

I'm not saying everything is fine. I'm saying let coach do his thing and let's see how it pans out on the field. If he string together several UTEP games like Mac did in his last two seasons, Il be right there with you. For now, I think we should hold off on the he sucks talk since he has coached just one season and has just two signed recruiting classes in.

I disagree. Recruiting is a monumental piece of the college game. If his 3rd class, though small as of now, holds on par it'll be his worst class as of yet. We keep sitting here hoping to see change in this area, but we're literally regressing. Every G5 program that becomes something of actual substance had top 3 conference class rankings for consecutive years. Teams don't just blow up from bottom third rankings. That just doesn't happen, and it's not going to happen here. 

Short term goal to see marginal improvements in recruiting we must go bowling this year. I think it's paramount for the program and for Seth Littrell's head coaching career. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I disagree. Recruiting is a monumental piece of the college game. If his 3rd class, though small as of now, holds on par it'll be his worst class as of yet. We keep sitting here hoping to see change in this area, but we're literally regressing. Every G5 program that becomes something of actual substance had top 3 conference class rankings for consecutive years. Teams don't just blow up from bottom third rankings. That just doesn't happen, and it's not going to happen here. 

Short term goal to see marginal improvements in recruiting we must go bowling this year. I think it's paramount for the program and for Seth Littrell's head coaching career. 

So you are projecting failure and then state we are literally regressing based on your projection?

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Cr1028 said:

So you are projecting failure and then state we are literally regressing based on your projection?

No. I'm basing it on also his first 2 classes. His 1st class was his best class. 2nd class was a little worse, and IF it holds current it'll be his worst class. I'm not projecting anything. I'm just stating facts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

No. I'm basing it on also his first 2 classes. His 1st class was his best class. 2nd class was a little worse, and IF it holds current it'll be his worst class. I'm not projecting anything. I'm just stating facts. 

We don't know yet how Kason will be rated on 247. He could be a 3 star recruit for all we know. Speaking of which does anyone know of a way to get 247 to actually rate a recruit @TheReal_jayD?