DRC: UNT women pick up transfer

Give Jalie Credit -  she never stops recruiting the transfers and adjusting the lineup.  Hopefully we will see the results of her efforts this season.  It has not been from a  lack of effort.

9 hours ago, Harry said:

Give Jalie Credit -  she never stops recruiting the transfers and adjusting the lineup.  Hopefully we will see the results of her efforts this season.  It has not been from a  lack of effort.

Will this puts NT over the roster limit, so I guess there are one or more players not returning.   I will state probably an unpopular opinion, but I have been disappointed in Mitchell's recruiting.  Not any of her last year many recruits really were anywhere close to difference makers.  Jalie was supposed to excel at recruiting, I have not seen that up to this point. 

This pickup may prove to be great, but nothing about her one year at Pacific is particularly outstanding.   Her shooting percentage was about the worse on a very bad team.  Based on last years play and the returning players, this just seems an odd recruit for a team already full of off guards particularly when NT has to fund a redshirt year.      

• Upvote 4

another transfer?? Still waiting on the transfers to make an impact that JM picked up in first recruiting class. There usually a reason players leave a school, and most are not for positive reasons, i.e. they were too good for the team.

WBB needs to make a move this year or Jalie's seat should start getting warm.

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

14 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Will this puts NT over the roster limit, so I guess there are one or more players not returning.   I will state probably an unpopular opinion, but I have been disappointed in Mitchell's recruiting.  Not any of her last year many recruits really were anywhere close to difference makers.  Jalie was supposed to excel at recruiting, I have not seen that up to this point. 

This pickup may prove to be great, but nothing about her one year at Pacific is particularly outstanding.   Her shooting percentage was about the worse on a very bad team.  Based on last years play and the returning players, this just seems an odd recruit for a team already full of off guards particularly when NT has to fund a redshirt year.      

It seems that all new UNT coaches, in all sports, for as long as I can remember,  tend to coast in the the first few years of their 5-year contract. (Recruiting) 

Have we ever had a coach with very impressive recruiting the first 2 years on Bonnie Brae? There's never a sense of urgency. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, Cooley said:

It seems that all new UNT coaches, in all sports, for as long as I can remember,  tend to coast in the the first few years of their 5-year contract. (Recruiting) 

Have we ever had a coach with very impressive recruiting the first 2 years on Bonnie Brae? There's never a sense of urgency. 

But, now there is a new sheriff in town.

On 6/2/2017 at 3:52 PM, Cooley said:

It been too long.  Fry could recruit with anybody and Dodge was actually pretty good his first year.   On the basketball side, Gene Robbins was probably the best recruiter that NT has had in MBB.  Unfortunately he couldn't win, but he did supply most of Blakeley's best players.   Trilli's recruiting his first two years was very good.  One year wonder Aston could obviously recruit even to NT.   

I think the other side of the equation is even more complexing, how many coaches that have started out slow in recruiting have actually improved.  Other than Jones and Benford to a degree, I can't think of anyone and that should be a lot more worrisome. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1

Not sure what your definition of coasting is, but I doubt any coach is not trying their best at recruiting the best athletes.   Their whole careers count on it.  Trying hard and getting great results are very different things.   

Too early to really know how good Jalie will be, but it is time for her team to make an upward move.   I have been impressed with how hard her team plays, but she has not recruited or developed that special player that can lift the team yet.   Hopefully her recruits shine next season.   

On 6/2/2017 at 0:01 AM, GrandGreen said:

Now we know.

• Upvote 1