Anybody Pumped for our upcoming series with University of Houston?

Andrew

18 hours ago, outoftown said:

FBschedules is as correct as it can be with the information given, which means it is wrong. That is because it is kind of written between the lines, that WB is likely planning to get rid of the rest of the army series completely and will probably also ditch the 2020 and 2021 parts. In other words, enjoy the game this season, army isn't likely to return for another decade or more. But he isn't likely to say it until he has figured out with whom to replace Army. I doubt he would have mentioned the ditching of 18/19, had Liberty not wanted to tell it to their fans so badly.

its_so_beautiful_crying.gif?w=544&h=408

ETA:  The correct use of grammar is what I am saying is beautiful. Not replacing Army.

Edited by Tyler Maryak
People can be dumb.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

Littrell would and that is what ultimately counts.

This will really help with recruiting. That in itself should fire up fans.

Lets just wait for Vito to get the final word so we can really have better insight. This is a good deal for our football program.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Lets just wait for Vito to get the final word so we can really have better insight. This is a good deal for our football program.

If it is a home and home series with a recognized P5 that I can actually see before I turn 50.... I will be fired up.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Just curious why you think playing Houston at Jerryworld  will help recruiting. We played Army in the H.O.D. game played at the Cotton Bowl and it didn't move the recruit-o-meter enough to register.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Curious how this only "leaked" to you and how you know yet no other people who are decently connected on the board know about it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, wardly said:

Just curious why you think playing Houston at Jerryworld  will help recruiting. We played Army in the H.O.D. game played at the Cotton Bowl and it didn't move the recruit-o-meter enough to register.

We wouldn't be playing Houston in Dallas, Arlington, OKC, or anywhere else except Denton and Houston.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

Curious how this only "leaked" to you and how you know yet no other people who are decently connected on the board know about it.

I've heard it's been being worked on for quite some time for what it's worth. The Liberty series wasnt supposed to be leaked first.

True home and home though. Not the stuff the Houston troll put out there earlier in the thread. Idea is UH series would alternate the games played at home with Rice (i.e. Rice away - Houston at Apogee). Give us a game in Houston yearly for recruiting and alumni engagement.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

I've heard it's been being worked on for quite some time for what it's worth. The Liberty series wasnt supposed to be leaked first.

True home and home though. Not the stuff the Houston troll put out there earlier in the thread. Idea is UH series would alternate the games played at home with Rice (i.e. Rice away - Houston at Apogee). Give us a game in Houston yearly for recruiting and alumni engagement.

Now this would be good!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

Generally on this board the knee jerk reaction of many is to attack the messenger (see Green Joe's above post). I have learned it is best to keep such information to oneself. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, wardly said:

It's a good start.I would love to have an athletic program on a par with Houston.

We aren't starting. Our football program is 104 years old.

Everything taken into context, this has been a borderline disastrous sequence of events. If it comes to light this is a 2 for 1 deal it will then become actually disastrous. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I just can't see the fanbase being too excited over Houston High.  They weren't even a real influence back in the SWC days.  P5 or bust.

And I say this as someone who attended UH for a while.

Edited by TripleGrad
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, TripleGrad said:

I just can't see the fanbase being too excited over Houston High.  They weren't even a real influence back in the SWC days.  P5 or bust.

And I say this as someone who attended UH for a while.

Attendance being considered Houston High and Army are a push.  If it is as I think and we are alternating home and away games with Rice and UH thus giving us a home game every year in Houston, this is a win. The Houston area  is the second largest source of recruits for us and our second largest concentration of alumni.  Playing locally in front of friends and family once a year is a motivator for a lot of kids.  Not to mention the local exposure it brings the program.  I can safely attest that most of Houston knows little to nothing about UNT.  

• Upvote 2