DRC: (Updated) UNT picks up commitment from Cole Brown

Brett Vito

15 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Just for reference, I didn't look at all currently starting NFL QBs but I looked at 15 and of those 15 12 were mid to low 3 star recruits and only 3 were 5 star recruits. Just saying.

Referencing what?  
And which QBs are you looking at so their offer lists can be compared.   The # of stars is not being argued.  The argument is a handful of FCS offers and 1 FBS offer (being UNT).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

What the hell does thinking that a kid that commits to UNT should be shown a little respect have to do with being a "homer". It has do do with showing a little class. You don't like what the coach and AD are doing, fine, complain all you want no one is trying to stop you. However, disrespecting a recruit is BS.

Hey snowflake, the truth isn't disrespecting anyone. Is he not a UNT commit that has had only one FBS offer, which was from us? Did anyone besmirch the kid or say that he shouldn't be here? No.

Sorry we bothered you with facts in your safe space. Try not to get so triggered...

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 13

19 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Hey snowflake, the truth isn't disrespecting anyone. Is he not a UNT commit that has had only one FBS offer, which was from us? Did anyone besmirch the kid or say that he shouldn't be here? No.

Sorry we bothered you with facts in your safe space. Try not to get so triggered...

Asking you to be respectful really hit a sore spot, huh? And no you do not have to mention the recruit by name, but when you post about how unhappy you are about the way the coach is recruiting on a thread about the kid committing, you might as well have. Maybe that a little hard for you to grasp from your "I know everything" space.

Talk about getting triggered ... 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

Welp, Cole, if you're reading this thread, welcome to "backs against the wall" university.  Everyone here doubts you, and seemingly every other 2018 commit, so I hope for your sake and mine (I'll be in the stands rain or shine) that you are the kind of player that relishes that and plays with a chip on your shoulder.

Welcome aboard, either way.

• Upvote 6

On 6/2/2017 at 6:14 PM, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Have you, or should I say did you go to the Caravan meetings and voice your concerns to WB and SL, and explain to them how they need to step it up, or you will bash them on social media?  I am sure that both SL and WB would have taken time to talk to you as they did for others, and that they would for sure like your advice on how to do their jobs...

Why are these kind of snarky comments posted? @MeanGreenMailbox made a valid and factual post and you get snooty because you don't like the way the facts sound. @El Paso Eagle is right there with you, hating the facts and attacking the messenger because of it. If Littrell doesn't up his recruiting game, a large sample size of history says he will in fact have a short stint as a HC. This is a fact and that's the point that the poster was trying to make, deal with it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

48 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Why are these kind of snarky comments posted? @MeanGreenMailbox made a valid and factual post and you get snooty because you don't like the way the facts sound. @El Paso Eagle is right there with you, hating the facts and attacking the messenger because of it. If Littrell doesn't up his recruiting game, a large sample size of history says he will in fact have a short stint as a HC. This is a fact and that's the point that the poster was trying to make, deal with it. 

Ben, you missed my point. I have no problem with anyone making any comments they want to about the coach, AD, anyone associated with the athletic department.  My issue is when those comments are aimed (directly or indirectly) at an individual recruit. So post what you want, just take a minute to think if it's the right place to post it.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

I understand your point. So, let's make a "shitty recruiting class" thread? And dump all of our 0 FBS offer commits into it? Seems a bit redundant IMO. When we are stockpiling 0 FBS offer guys, it needs to be brought up over and over, on whatever thread is irrelevant. No one on this board is going to or is talking negatively about a kid, it's disdain toward the coaching staff. Take it as such. 

Yup Tulsa has an idiot HC too, gah I can't believe they offered a 6 foot DT who only had TWO FCS offers....  idiots!!!!! Oh wait now he has 10+ offers and is rated a 3 star on 247 hmmm 🤔  Oh UNT was only his second FBS offer.  Let's let the recruiting cycle at least start to play itself out here a bit.

Quick fact check on 247 he has 13 offers now 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

As noted above, post your displeasure elsewhere instead of in the thread dedicated to the new commit.  Is that too difficult to understand?  When this young man searches his name on Google and this crap shows up is disrespectful to the young man that just committed to us.  Get it?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

As noted above, post your displeasure elsewhere instead of in the thread dedicated to the new commit.  Is that too difficult to understand?  When this young man searches his name on Google and this crap shows up is disrespectful to the young man that just committed to us.  Get it?

I'm not disrespecting anyone. I'm stating facts. This kid is a commit that falls into our standard Littrell commit. No shame to him, but it's a fact. If it hurts his feelings that's unfortunate, but this conversation is not about him or 1 single recruit, player, or commit. So, to you, I say move along. 

53 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Yup Tulsa has an idiot HC too, gah I can't believe they offered a 6 foot DT who only had TWO FCS offers....  idiots!!!!! Oh wait now he has 10+ offers and is rated a 3 star on 247 hmmm 🤔  Oh UNT was only his second FBS offer.  Let's let the recruiting cycle at least start to play itself out here a bit.

Quick fact check on 247 he has 13 offers now 

Oh, my bad...Is that 3 star recruit coming to UNT?

If we were landing these players, early or late, this would be a non conversation. 

Let's keep outliers out of conversations, particularly one's that aren't committing to UNT. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

23 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I'm not disrespecting anyone. I'm stating facts. This kid is a commit that falls into our standard Littrell commit. No shame to him, but it's a fact. If it hurts his feelings that's unfortunate, but this conversation is not about him or 1 single recruit, player, or commit. So, to you, I say move along. 

Oh, my bad...Is that 3 star recruit coming to UNT?

If we were landing these players, early or late, this would be a non conversation. 

Let's keep outliers out of conversations, particularly one's that aren't committing to UNT. 

Kid hasn't committed anywhere, so I couldn't tell you.  You missed the whole point so let me break it down.  He had two FCS offers Tulsa offered then we offered and all of a sudden the kid went from unrated and two FCS offers to 13 and a 3 star. 

Also several of our late offers who had FCS only last season had a much less likely chance to get the type of notoriety because other schools were full. Whereas this kid and the DT who we were talking about have an entire summer of camping and a senior years tape to get more offers.  

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

1.  You are disrespecting Cole Brown.  Take it to another thread without his name at the top.

2.  You are stating your opinion.  The young man is all district in a tough 6A league in a team with a losing record.

3.  Do I expect you to understand 1 and 2?  Not even a little.

An opinion? That we are opening up the floodgates to 0 FBS offer recruits. Explain to me how that is an opinion in any way whatsoever. I'd love to hear it. Better, I'd love to hear it in person. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

An opinion? That we are opening up the floodgates to 0 FBS offer recruits. Explain to me how that is an opinion in any way whatsoever. I'd love to hear it. Better, I'd love to hear it in person. 

PM me your phone number unless you want to drive to west Texas  

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

PM me your phone number unless you want to drive to west Texas  

Capture.JPG

• Upvote 1

You know Ben we've agreed for the most part on this whole recruiting thing but you can argue your point reasonably without getting in a fist fight.

Don't get so triggered when someone disagrees with you.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:
1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

You know Ben we've agreed for the most part on this whole recruiting thing but you can argue your point reasonably without getting in a fist fight.

Don't get so triggered when someone disagrees with you.

I don't care if he shares his opinion.  Just don't go off on recruiting in a thread dedicated to announcing a young man's commitment.  Not sure why this post formatted like this.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1