Breaking! UNT land Juco Center

Looks like another needed part, but NT has used a ton of ships on the offensive line.   By my count NT currently has 17 scholarship ol and that doesn't count the reported gray shirts that should join the team.   DD, seldom had as many as 10 ship offensive linemen.   Shows the important and challenge of getting offensive linemen that can be effective in this offense.  

Hopefully this will change an obvious position of need to a strength of the team.   There should be a lot of competition and that should bode well for the team.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Looks like another needed part, but NT has used a ton of ships on the offensive line.   By my count NT currently has 17 scholarship ol and that doesn't count the reported gray shirts that should join the team.   DD, seldom had as many as 10 ship offensive linemen.   Shows the important and challenge of getting offensive linemen that can be effective in this offense.  

Hopefully this will change an obvious position of need to a strength of the team.   There should be a lot of competition and that should bode well for the team.  

Counting this one that would be 16 with Rheinhardt leaving.  6 of them appear to be preferred walk-ons.  You add 5 in the 2017 signing class.

Yes it is a lot but personally I really like it.  Before this offense can really take off they have to address the oline and get it right.  Part of the problem is they have had guys that were built for Mac's run first oriented offense.  So there is a transition going on and I expect the numbers to normalize as they get more linemen who fit their system in place and established. 

11 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

UNT land Commitment  for Tyler Junior College Center Sosaia Mose. He has 3 years to play 3. He is the big brother to UNT signee Manase Mose. 

Image result for sosaia mose

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/1528399/581b8247bd752030e878bf3c

thanks for clarifying this.  i didn't see mention of it elsewhere and started doubting that they were. 

also, just from seeing the size of the Mose family on twitter.  they should increase the attendance significantly by themselves. ;)

also i'm pumped about possibly starting a pipeline to euless trinity.

• Upvote 3

On 5/23/2017 at 9:49 AM, Green Crazy said:

thanks for clarifying this.  i didn't see mention of it elsewhere and started doubting that they were. 

also, just from seeing the size of the Mose family on twitter.  they should increase the attendance significantly by themselves. ;)

also i'm pumped about possibly starting a pipeline to euless trinity.

That is awesome to hear, just like how Mason's family came to the games. Would be great to connect with the families and hopefully that helps in the future in terms of helping UNTs image. 

My only question is, how hard is it for a Trinity OL to convert over to the GH/SL offense?

6 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

That is awesome to hear, just like how Mason's family came to the games. Would be great to connect with the families and hopefully that helps in the future in terms of helping UNTs image. 

My only question is, how hard is it for a Trinity OL to convert over to the GH/SL offense?

Ask Tech, they just got two guys from a Wing T offense from Frisco High.  If they can play and have the feet/hands that can translate into new system they'll be fine if not it could be ugly. 

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Ask Tech, they just got two guys from a Wing T offense from Frisco High.  If they can play and have the feet/hands that can translate into new system they'll be fine if not it could be ugly. 

Well the good thing is that if its ugly, it won't be much worse than they were last year LOL