Baylor: It Just Keeps Piling Up.

UNTLifer

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/new-title-ix-suit-alleges-woman-gang-raped-least-4-ex-baylor-players-154509881.html

..."The suit also alleges that before the woman arrived on Baylor’s campus, “members of the Baylor football team had already developed a system of hazing their freshman recruits by having them bring or invite freshman females to house parties hosted by members of the football team. At these parties, the girls would be drugged and gang raped, or in the words of the football players, ‘trains’ would be run on the girls.”

Just sickening.

• Upvote 3

Gotta love standards at faith based schools.  That's just not bad from an athletic sense, it's just such an incredibly sad indictment of young men that would think it's ok to do this to other human beings.  They don't have mothers, sisters, aunts, cousins????  How in the hell could somebody believe this is the right way to go through life.  To think none of them are in jail is just as sickening.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, hickoryhouse said:

I for one believe that if these become verifiable this will be the next death penalty.

there is just way too much systemic crap going on to justify allowing this school to continue to participate in athletic programs as they are.   

Because of overstepping its authority in the Penn State sexual assaults of children, the NCAA lost several court cases in its administering of punishments. Fines and postseason bans are very acceptable punishments but the "death penalty" is straight up scorched earth and I am all but certain Baylor will appeal the decision/punishment in the courts just like Penn State did. Odds are pretty good they'd win their case as well since precedence has been established with the costs of the loss being shouldered by the NCAA.

58 minutes ago, hickoryhouse said:

I for one believe that if these become verifiable this will be the next death penalty.

there is just way too much systemic crap going on to justify allowing this school to continue to participate in athletic programs as they are.   

That would make way for an up and coming team that already sports the color green to move into their slot, and holds a strong Texas position....could we dream???

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

100% No based on Science, "not preferred" based on the way they treat women

Not sure if I've made myself clear...But allow me again to. I do not care about political or reglious viewpoints in regards to scheduling football games. For that matter, I do not care about religious or political viewpoints of no one person outside of myself. In no way do I care about any of that. 

With said said, did Baylor University not fire every enabling faculty and/or staff member from their scandal? The same scandal that got their AD fired. The same AD that was hired by your appearant beloved Liberty U that hired him? What took place at Baylor was atrocious. The AD at Baylor at that time is now the AD at Liberty, no? So, by your logic, I should "not preferred" to play either of them, and "100% no" to neither of them. Because I believe Ian McCaw was kind of in the know of what took place at Baylor, right? Hence his firing anyway. So the residue of the Baylor case is now in name only. But an administrator is now at Liberty. So there is actually more blood on Liberty's hands than on Baylors by association of the events that took place. 

Point is, Baylor got rid of their wrongdoers, to my knowledge. Liberty U is a 2nd rate University with a 3rd rate football team. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

You know, this reminds me of several "discussions" I've had with friends and fellow fans regarding the North Texas athletic program and the possibility of one day getting the commitment from administration and "monied" alums to get us in the vicinity of being big time. The discussion was usually along the lines of "do we continue with our squeaky clean program and be perpetual losers or (assuming the financing suddenly appeared) do we sell our soul to the devil (signing morally bankrupt athletes) to get a winning program"?

Naturally, one of the participants in the discussion would say "why is it inevitable that by suddenly going big time it means that we will go morally bankrupt"? Why can't we be the old North Texas with better funding and support and win the "clean" way?"

You know, I wonder if the same discussion/musings have taken place amongst Baylor fans in past decades? I wonder if one (or more) of those Baylor fans said something like "It doesn't have to be inevitable (moral bankruptcy), we're a good Christian school and would always do the right thing.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:53 AM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Imagine the folks at UH are crossing their fingers.

In there dreams. There won't be another Texas school in the Big 10. Non-Texas schools will not allow it.  

It's all about the money and politics.  The best thing for all involved would be for Baylor to take a year or two off but the financial repercussions from that would be immense.

Heck, Baylor is still landing 4 star prospects with all of this noise going on in the background.

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

It's all about the money and politics.  The best thing for all involved would be for Baylor to take a year or two off but the financial repercussions from that would be immense.

Heck, Baylor is still landing 4 star prospects with all of this noise going on in the background.

I guess we know why.
You and your boys can take advantage of whoever you want, while the powers-that-be at Baylor cover for you because you can play a little ball.

1 hour ago, DT 90 said:

In there dreams. There won't be another Texas school in the Big 10. Non-Texas schools will not allow it.  

Even if a Texas school were booted out?  I would have to think under those circumstances, unless they could sweet-talk Nebraska into coming back, UH would be the first choice.

17 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Even if a Texas school were booted out?  I would have to think under those circumstances, unless they could sweet-talk Nebraska into coming back, UH would be the first choice.

This,

If Baylor were to get kicked out, which I still think is a very low probability because of the advantages the conference gets from Baylor being private, UH would replace them because they are a Texas school and it wouldn't dilute the recruiting pool, as it did when TCU got to move up. Texas Tech's recruiting has really take a hit since kids can now play in the Metroplex and get a great degree at TCU over playing in "Iraq" as Tommy Tuberville recently called Lubbock and their degree value not being anywhere close to what the old SWC schools offer comparatively.

But again, I don't see the Big XII giving those great Baylor lawyers a chance to sue them--they'd prefer them go back to being a doormat until the conference dies off in 2025 when the GOR expires.

• Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Texas Tech's recruiting has really take a hit since kids can now play in the Metroplex and get a great degree at TCU

This is absolutely correct.  Tech got hurt by TCU, as did Okie State and to a lessor extent Baylor.

2 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

A Big 12 School in Houston?  That would be a hard pill to swallow for every Big 10/SEC  school in Texas and lots of SEC schools in the surrounding states.  Just watch what happens if they ever get a place at the adult table.    

If Helton couldn't get them in, Applewhite is not going to be able to do it.   

No they will go with a team to tie in with West Virginia. That's what they were looking to do this past offseason. There will be no 5th Texas team if one leaves.  I see BYU joining before UH.

Edited by DT 90

18 minutes ago, DT 90 said:

That would be a hard pill to swallow for every Big 10/SEC  school in Texas and lots of SEC schools in the surrounding states.  

Why would SEC schools have any say in the matter?  It wouldn't hurt the BXII's feelings if SEC schools lost recruits out of the deal.

19 minutes ago, DT 90 said:

There will be no 5th Texas team if one leaves. 

Again, that would only be 4 Texas teams.  The conference has always had 4 Texas teams.

20 minutes ago, DT 90 said:

No they will go with a team to tie in with West Virginia. That's what they were looking to do this past offseason.

That certainly makes some sense.  On the other hand, I wonder if WVU and the BXII are really committed to each other for the long term.  If the BXII picks up Cincy--which would be an inferior add to Houston in almost every other way except the fact that they would provide a good travel companion for WVU--and then WVU bolts to the ACC in the next few years, the BXII will be left with a geographic outlier that is a detriment to the conference.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Why would SEC schools have any say in the matter?  It wouldn't hurt the BXII's feelings if SEC schools lost recruits out of the deal.

Again, that would only be 4 Texas teams.  The conference has always had 4 Texas teams.

That certainly makes some sense.  On the other hand, I wonder if WVU and the BXII are really committed to each other for the long term.  If the BXII picks up Cincy--which would be an inferior add to Houston in almost every other way except the fact that they would provide a good travel companion for WVU--and then WVU bolts to the ACC in the next few years, the BXII will be left with a geographic outlier that is a detriment to the conference.

SEC ? Well they wouldn't have a say. But they surely would try to pull some type of  "Russian" interference in the process.   

And I was incorrect on my statement.  They wont replace the 4th Texas school the same way they didn't replace the 5th Texas school.

WVU is an outlier right now. That is why it is more important to the BIG 10 to get a partner.  WVU will go ACC if this not corrected.