18' OL (Guard) Kameron King (Marshal) - 3*

9 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Not the coach's decision to make.  I guess they feel prestige when a player goes up to a big school.  That is why so many talented players sit on the bench at Texas, Alabama etc, etc.  Did they come to sit on the bench or play.  I think most want to play but only one guy gets to be the qb while 4  therssit on the bench behind him.  I wonder if Morris had come to UNT as freshman what kinda of numbers would he have put up?

Players want to go to the big schools, to play the best players, to get NFL the quickest..

what kids don't understand is you can get to the NFL via smaller schools. Teams look at talent but they also weigh tape and production. 

The tough thing is, all kids think they can be the #1.. look at AM they lost 2 top QBs because of playing time..

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

King is now the 3rd highest rated OL commit in the current class in C-USA. Behind a commit to WKU & a commit to Marshall.

Maybe just a hunch but I feel like we may be turning a corner in recruiting and we will look back at this one  and Jax as when things shifted.

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Maybe just a hunch but I feel like we may be turning a corner in recruiting and we will look back at this one  and Jax as when things shifted.

I've got a similar feeling. I'm thinking either Rucker or Tauskie will be our next commit. Even if we only got 1 of those 2 I would be happy with that. We're getting a lot of local guys.

• Lovely Take 1

52 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

I've got a similar feeling. I'm thinking either Rucker or Tauskie will be our next commit. Even if we only got 1 of those 2 I would be happy with that. We're getting a lot of local guys.

I think Rucker will be the harder of the 2 to sway... but it would be a huge help I think to add Dove then Rucker.. I'm sure Rucker will get insight from Davis on how it's like, then LeBlanc and Dove and team up as well..

I wish we could get King to flip his teammate though lol, the kid going to LSU which is his dream school apparently

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

If we get one, Im sure we will have a 95% chance to land the other. With Davis and Leblanc already landed, The three will lean pretty hard on the one that hasnt committed yet 

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...
Just now, UNTLifer said:

Kids need to learn what the term committment means.  If you are not sure, then don't commit in the first place.  Reflective kf society today.

I totally agree. I get that it's not national signing day yet, but geez you gave your word. 2nd thing I hate on all of these too are that they say, "Please respect my decision." Do you really expect the school you just pushed to the side to respect your decision??? I don't. You gave us your word and you showed your word means nothing.

It was also dumb how he posted earlier saying big announcement coming at 5. Just say what you want to say and quit making a show of it. I love talking to current players and they all talk about how it's all fun and games until you sign that letter and show up on campus. After that, it is no longer about you and it's about the team. You do what the coaches tell you to better the team, not just yourself. Better enjoy it while it lasts....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I have read throughout the season that the Marshall o-line has really struggled with Claude Mathis' new offense. I take it with a grain of salt, because it is fan talk. However, the other Marshall linemen that is committed to LSU is going to be a DT there instead of an OL.

Edited by jtm0097

Let the damn kid do his thing.. Yes it sucks, but he is doing what is best for him.. We have no idea what has changed in the past 3/4 months or however long since his commitment. 

It sucks because he was one of our top recruits and if it had been another OL lower on the list, no one would have said a thing. We already got 6 OL (5 HS) from the last class and now 3 from this on top of 1 from SL first class. King never said he was done with UNT so we are still in the running. 

The kid is 17/18 and this is there time in the spotlight, give them a break and let them enjoy it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

45 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Kids need to learn what the term committment means.  If you are not sure, then don't commit in the first place.  Reflective of society today.

Do you honestly believe the people of your generation would not be decommitting if they were committing months, even years in advance of their signing day? In your generation commitments didn't start occurring until after their senior football season was over, so there really was no time for decommitting. It was commit, then signing day would be there in about 40 days.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

So weird because I saw this dude & his parents in the team store looking for "UNT Mom/Dad" gear.

Sucks, but hopefully the staff stays on him if they like him and get him to jump back on board.

Was that the ODU game?  If it was, maybe the poor fan showing was a factor in him decision.

• Downvote 2

Unofficial and official visits have to take attendance into consideration. Never let a prospect under any circumstance come to a game vs an East opponent unless that game is a definite big draw. Only schedule these visits vs West opponents, Homecoming, Service Academy, SMU, etc. It's a joke to let them come watch us play University of Alabama @ Birmingham Dragons. Or the hierarchy of Old Dominion Trucking Supplies. 

This is common sense stuff and this is how you lose out on players.  

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1