For those interested in Liberty and it's facilities

Harry

16 minutes ago, kingwoodgreen said:

So I have a question for the guys who have a hard time with us playing Liberty due to their beliefs. 

Honest answers now, because if I try to understand your logic then playing someone like say BYU should send you through the roof. Heaven forbid we play Notre Dame...

What's wrong with playing those two universities? Playing ND would be an honor, BYU would be straight up cool. They're religious but they're not an elaborate Ponzi scheme.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

52 minutes ago, GTWT said:

Wow. Thanks, I could not find it....but following the link you provided and drilling down to the class description, your argument is again shot down. Look at BIO 1 and 2. I he same abiology I took many years ago at good old UNT. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, kingwoodgreen said:

So I have a question for the guys who have a hard time with us playing Liberty due to their beliefs. 

Honest answers now, because if I try to understand your logic then playing someone like say BYU should send you through the roof. Heaven forbid we play Notre Dame...

From the BYU website:

"The Department of Biology offers graduate training experiences in a variety of areas, including evolutionary biology, ecology, systematics, bioinformatics, conservation biology, and molecular evolution"

From the ND website:

"Evolutionary Biology.  Organisms are evolving and changing every day, creating, molding, and even deleting genetic diversity."

BYU & ND are legitimate universities.  They teach mainstream science.  Liberty, Oral Roberts, & their ilk teach pseudoscience.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, GTWT said:

From the BYU website:

"The Department of Biology offers graduate training experiences in a variety of areas, including evolutionary biology, ecology, systematics, bioinformatics, conservation biology, and molecular evolution"

From the ND website:

"Evolutionary Biology.  Organisms are evolving and changing every day, creating, molding, and even deleting genetic diversity."

BYU & ND are legitimate universities.  They teach mainstream science.  Liberty, Oral Roberts, & their ilk teach pseudoscience.

Read the class descriptions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Look at BIO 1 and 2. I he same abiology I took many years ago at good old UNT. 

Without the evolutionary explanations you get at UNT.  Evolution is the theoretical basis of biology.  You learn that at UNT (or you're supposed to), at Liberty you're taught magic. 

6 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Read the class descriptions. 

I'm sorry.  You're going to have to be a bit more specific.

Edited by GTWT
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

If you think evolutionary biologists are bad, start having a conversation of this ilk with the astrophysicists.  

I checked.  Liberty's astrophysics appears to be limited to a telescope through which alumni can "view the heavens." 

In unrelated news, I am surprised to find that they offer a number of Associated's Degree programs.  Is that at all common in a university? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GTWT said:

And what exactly are you opposed to?  I have looked and can't find what your continually reference as pseudoscience, class descriptions, etc...  I would love to read what you find so objectionable about Liberty.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Munthe said:

What's wrong with playing those two universities? Playing ND would be an honor, BYU would be straight up cool. They're religious but they're not an elaborate Ponzi scheme.

ND is another Christian based university and many people find reason to object to Catholicism.  BYU is Mormon based, viewed by many as a questionable religion.  How is Liberty a Ponzi scheme?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

ND is another Christian based university and many people find reason to object to Catholicism.  BYU is Mormon based, viewed by many as a questionable religion.  How is Liberty a Ponzi scheme?

Do some research on all of the lawsuits Jerry Falwell has been involved in.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:38 AM, emmitt01 said:

You miss his point ENTIRELY.   His issue is with a university asking a scientist, a person whose very essence is questioning things, to believe in a mantra that rejects science.  It is no less, or more, offensive than a liberal arts university saying that all professors must sign a contract banning the introduction of creationism into the classroom.  

Than again, it's not hard to see how a school founded by this man might have some kooky views:

Keep in mind Emmitt that God severely punished Israel on numerous occasions. Why? Was it because God liked punking Israel for a good laugh? Was it because God was bored? The Bible says that Israel is the apple of God's eye ( Zachariah 2:8) so why would He punish them?Very simply because the nation of Israel had become defiant, disobedient and had fallen into sin. It God would punish the apple of His eye what makes one think He wouldn't punish America as well? God punishes nations. Respectfully, Bob  Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

11 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Do some research on all of the lawsuits Jerry Falwell has been involved in.

A quick search would reveal mainly against the likes of Larry Flynt.  You made the statement that Liberty was a ponzi scheme.  Care to provide a link that I can read regarding this allegation?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I did...

...And it is (by the way, this is not just at UNT but everywhere).

Here is what I was taught about how life began on Earth:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller–Urey_experiment
And if you can believe this (completely removing a vital observational chemical standard: oxidation), you may have more faith than I do.

As for creating the Earth in 6 days...  Everyone's favorite miracle of Jesus is turning water into wine, right?   Our understanding of winemaking (via observation) is that it must age in order to be any good.  However, Jesus' wine was instantly ready to drink (and all agreed it was the best wine at the wedding). 
Is it possible God is not bound by our understanding of time and can CREATE something with observable age?

Back on topic:
As it stands now, playing Liberty instead of Army is stupid.   If things continue to move around, and additional better games show up on the schedule that were previously not available with the Army games, then I'll change my mind.

"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." II Peter 3:8 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

42 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Keep in mind Emmitt that God severely punished Israel on numerous occasions. Why? Was it because God liked punking Israel for a good laugh? Was it because God was bored? The Bible says that Israel is the apple of God's eye ( Zachariah 2:8) so why would He punish them?Very simply because the nation of Israel had become defiant, disobedient and had fallen into sin. It God would punish the apple of His eye what makes one think He wouldn't punish America as well? God punishes nations. Respectfully, Bob  Go Mean Green!

Is UNT Job? How do we fix this, Bob?

• Upvote 1