DRC: C-USA calls presser as hoops tourney appears to be headed to The Star

Excellent!  

Now waiting for the usual suspects to find fault.  Tick....tick.....tick....tick.......while this was league decision, I am guessing that with UNT's tie to the Cowboys, both Dr. Smatresk and Wren Baker played some role in making this happen.  Noted that Wren would be speaking at the presser.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Excellent!  

Now waiting for the usual suspects to find fault.  Tick....tick.....tick....tick.......while this was league decision, I am guessing that with UNT's tie to the Cowboys, both Dr. Smatresk and Wren Baker played some role in making this happen.  Noted that Wren would be speaking at the presser.  

Kram, haven't you been keeping up? Wren has no clue to what he's doing. No way he could be any part of such a good thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Excellent!  

An AD let alone a first year AD is not dictating what an entire conference does with one of their main sport tournaments. Jerry Jones, much like city of Frisco, is thirsty to bring any kind of revenue based asset in their direction. This is much more about that than it is about UNT or Wren Baker. Let's call things what they are instead of guessing to give people imaginary credit. 

With that said, I am pleased with this decision. I hope UNT makes the tournament and we can get a big green turnout there. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

6 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

An AD let alone a first year AD is not dictating what an entire conference does with one of their main sport tournaments. Jerry Jones, much like city of Frisco, is thirsty to bring any kind of revenue based asset in their direction. This is much more about that than it is about UNT or Wren Baker. Let's call things what they are instead of guessing to give people imaginary credit. 

With that said, I am pleased with this decision. I hope UNT makes the tournament and we can get a big green turnout there. 

Just like you can't give him credit for something you don't know the entire details about, you can't criticize that same person for things you don't know the entire details about. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good to hear that NT is a sponsor.  Given the competition this was a no brainer.  Some of our Eastern conference mates are very critical of this decision on the CUSA message board.  Of course there is going to opponents to any location by many.  While it is split at the Eastern schools, many supporting the decision, and others damning it.   

All I got to say to our negative friends at WKU, MTSU and others is get your university to spend the effort and find another location.   Nashville, New Orleans, Biloxi and others might be fine locations but they have to bid on it.  And to those that think there is nothing to do in the Metroplex, have not looked.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

You mean instead of guessing to give people imaginary criticism?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, @UNTSportsFan said:

I can tell you that Baker has been working on this deal for quite some time. A lot of factors go into a deal like this so there is plenty of credit to go around , but Baker certaintly did his part 

I figured he did.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1